The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Screen Constantly Freezing

Larrimus

Just tried after lowering my settings, got 3 minutes into e gate solo walking shooting then ->freeze>black screen>audio and actions but no visual, tried messing with drivers but still nothing, so "cool things in update but game is unplayable" is my situation, if this could get fixed that would be great DE.

Happened a lot to me even before update 25, but now finally fixed. So, my old nvidia 740 card comes pre-overclocked by default and it seems the game don't like this very much. The solution to my problem was reducing the graphics card clock speed down by about 30-40hz(or maybe mhz?)(from 1033 to about 1000) using a tool from asus that lets you set your clock speed and other hardware settings, its usually used for overclocking but could also underclock it. I looked for solutions and tried many other things before and nothing ever worked untill i tried this method. I set it up to require manually applying the setting before i play and I just restore the settings after i finished playing so as not to affect other softwares or apps. Now when it freezes, its usually me forgetting to change the it before starting the game. Hope this method works for you. 

Edit: When DX9 was still supported switching to dx9 fixed the freezing for me, but in both dx10 and dx11 screen freezes frequently, mostly on PoE and occationally on other tilesets.

Edited by jonnmerc
Additional info

OK:Here to report My game is stable, I switched from DX11 to DX10 and after 1 mission on E gate going fast I got no crash and no skipping.

Not sure why this is working but I am happy, gonna play some more to see if that fixes everything or if its just temporary, wish me luck all.

• 2 weeks later...

Posted this recently in another thread about the same issue that didn't get much traction. But yea after one of the update 25 hotfixes the screen will freeze while the game continues in the background. Can't go more than 5 minutes now without a freeze so the game is unplayable. I've tried a wide range of other games and Warframe is the only one doing this.

I'm running windows 10 with an I5 8600k, 16 gb of ram and a Geforce GTX 660. The card is old but has run Warframe maxed out for years without problem.

I've tried updating my drivers, then doing a clean driver install, verifying and optimizing my cache, then a full, clean reinstall of Warframe and nothing has worked.

I specified this problem in the bug megathread along with others and I wasn't answered.

I tried talking with the support since it suddenly crashed too and I sent a warning ticket but they only speak with me in pre-made solutions, which of course aren't working.

Since 25.0.2, at least in my opinion, the game constantly freezes but still runs. I tried a lot of things but nah, nothing works.

Is it possible, maybe, that this bug is depending only on the windows 10 - Warframe connections?

Edited by Zentus_Ichernun

This problem is still happens despite they released yesterday a hotfix but in some specs still problem the freezing. I am looking at old forums and posts on various sites to find a solution but there is no specific solution to this. If this happens with other games then it might be your rams which cause this or the video card overcloacked. The changing in resolution might help a bit but I tested it and still causes the problem randomly. This makes the game unplayable but hopefully if we collect more feedback here then we have some chance to get attention and they might could make a solution. 

My spec is: 8 Cores, 16 threads @3.7ghz, Zen+ Ryzen 2700x, V card is an Amd Rx580, 16gb 2x8gb Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black.(2400mhz). 

So it should work well and I am using Win10 but before the U25 it worked well and had not any screenfreeze in my game time. This must be a side effect of the update but hopefully they will solve it.

On 2019-06-16 at 9:53 AM, Gabbynaut said:

i7 4790 gtx 970 4gb 16 gb ram. all day on eidolons 60/50 fps. when i hunt eidolons 72 fps.... this new patches working very fine.

For you. I'm still having constant crashes The new update's been an absolute disaster for my time in the game.

Okay something of a solution, a REALLY bad solution but anyway...

In the end on a whim I reinstalled Windows 10, and manually the most recent 1903 update (1903 6 19 I think), I have my Warframe installation on a separate HDD on my various systems so I was able to immediately test it and it ran. Not as well as it did prior to the most recent 2 patches (10-20fps hit compared to previous) but it's not crashing now.

This is still an issue DE need to look at, and acknowledge, because it shouldn't be on the community to figure out (admittedly bad) work arounds.

The same bug happens to me since the Jupiter update and it's really killing me. I can't do missions. I have tried all the usual trouble shooting steps: verifying, optimizing cache, reinstalling game, lowering various graphics, etc. Nothing works. And based on this forum thread, it's not an individual problem. I'd be great if DE could look into this asap.

Just making sure of a thing.

Who, that has this bug, is using a Windows 10? It's a thing that has been buzzing in my head for a while, but isn't it possible that, when DE fixed the windows problem they had back in 25.0.0, and as far as I know was a problem related to Windows <10, changed a feature that makes the game do this thing on windows 10?

Still, it's a month of hotfixes and updates now. This problem is becoming a real pain.

I have a similar problem, but in my case the entire Pc crashes, i believe is some incompatibility with Video drivers, i have an AMD Ryzen 3 that don't have support for integrated graphics, so, if my videoboard crash the entire system crashes.

I tryed to reinstal the game and at first it seemes had worked, but when i tryed to go to Orb Valis it crashed again

1 hour ago, Blobfish86 said:

I have a similar problem, but in my case the entire Pc crashes, i believe is some incompatibility with Video drivers, i have an AMD Ryzen 3 that don't have support for integrated graphics, so, if my videoboard crash the entire system crashes.

I tryed to reinstal the game and at first it seemes had worked, but when i tryed to go to Orb Valis it crashed again

I'm running an RX580 8GB dedicated GPU and it's still happening. The system crashes are new to today, but I've tried both stable and beta drivers and the screen crashes happened on both. It also doesn't seem to be limited to AMD (Radeon) or Intel (Nvidia), so it must be something else.

Personally. I suspect they didn't think looking into updating the screen stuff would cause so many problems and now they're too busy to properly work on fixing it with TennoCon.

Edited by Grim_SS