The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Screen Constantly Freezing

Larrimus

Fun stuff after a hour long survival just before the extraction I got this screen freeze and because there is no solution yet I just restarted my pc. Relog, all the rewards stay but all my effort and xp gone. Disappointing. Hope they will solve this because my pc is not old nor bad. My drivers are up to date but with this update they messed up something what cannot solve by myself.

On 2019-06-27 at 5:03 PM, Blobfish86 said:

Uhm, i started to having this crashes with other games too. Wonder if it can be a problem with Windows then, or what? I'm thinking in format this thing and start instaling everything again

It's possible your case might be something else then. I guess I haven't had any problems in any other games, and I haven't heard any higher authorities mention any Windows related issues for a couple updates (not saying there aren't any, just probably not as widespread).

I have had this problem for years, managed to temporarily solve it about 3 months ago, but the problem has resurfaced, despite keeping my drivers up to date, currently @ nvidia 430.86 on Windows 7. Card is GIGABYTE GTX 650 Ti, CPU is i5-3450

This is apparently a TDR crash as per this post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/792089-game-screen-freezes-but-keeps-going/?do=findComment&comment=8643223

The "crash" I had about 30 minutes ago  is again displayed as an ID 4101 in the system event viewer, despite the fact that I have changed the regedit key as per instruction by @Zenviscerator to his suggested value of 8. I have even tried Nuke & Paving the entire system about 3 weeks ago, fresh Win 7 install, updates AND new drivers. No dice.

Whatever it is that DE change, sometimes it is temporarily fixed for a couple of hotfixes but it ALWAYS rears its ugly head back eventualy. Maybe it is hardware/manufacturer firmware dependent, or its age? Other software/frameworks installed by other programs interfering with something? I am thinking about upgrading the system after next christmas when even newer stuff will go on sale, but given the variety of your systems, it could very well still exist even after that.

I suppose I will try to just tank the graphics settings and hope for the best for the meantime.

If someone at DE has a hunch about what we could try, I am very willing to participate in some monitored experiments or try wild suggestions at this point. Interrupted gameplay, LOADSAMONEY worth of rewards lost over the years of this... am not mad at this point, just exhausted, guys.

Know my pain.

Edited by Arkhon-Kharon

• 2 weeks later...

So I think I've fixed this for me at least. I realized the only display related setting I hadn't tried disabling was the FPS limiter, and once I set it to unlimited I don't seem to be getting any more driver crashes. The screen tearing sucks, but it's better than dealing with the input lag of Vsync or crashes at least.

Not sure why this setting is causing problems now after years of using it without issue, but it may be something to try for others experiencing frequent driver crashes.

4 hours ago, Sealgaire said:

So I think I've fixed this for me at least. I realized the only display related setting I hadn't tried disabling was the FPS limiter, and once I set it to unlimited I don't seem to be getting any more driver crashes. The screen tearing sucks, but it's better than dealing with the input lag of Vsync or crashes at least.

Not sure why this setting is causing problems now after years of using it without issue, but it may be something to try for others experiencing frequent driver crashes.

Uhm, i'll try this, i'm already running out of options anyway. yesteray tryed to reinstal the Drivers again, but still crashed.

On 2019-07-08 at 10:26 PM, Sealgaire said:

Doesn't work for me, but it was worth a shot...

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Syndrella said:

It seems the latest patch raised this bug again. I cannot finish a mission because always randomly the screen freeze.

It never went away. There are some moment of the day where it doesn't happen, other where it happens constantly. Maybe it doesn't depend at all from the graphic settings.

Still, it's been more than two months and I just started to "live with it" I guess. Still no one ever truly fixed it, so... I guess we'll have it until we change the computer entirely I guess?

1 hour ago, Zentus_Ichernun said:

It never went away. There are some moment of the day where it doesn't happen, other where it happens constantly. Maybe it doesn't depend at all from the graphic settings.

Still, it's been more than two months and I just started to "live with it" I guess. Still no one ever truly fixed it, so... I guess we'll have it until we change the computer entirely I guess?

Dunno because I survived in the past month and before the hotfix it went all good since then I today just 10 times tried to play but always freezed. Not sure what can solve this but I consider to update my rig to a better one " yet I have a really good rig at moment " but a bit more ram and with a new monitor may be these issues could go away. I do not wish to spend more than 700 dollar to the new rig because my one what I am using is still young with it's 3 and half year. 

I checked older threads with the similar issues and it is really always coming back with major updates. Despite I never had any issues with it before update 25.

PS:

The problems could be the following. What others told me about it.

- Ram issues, try to replace the rams and put them one by one to check if the rams itself are fine.

- CPU problem, much likely the only solution to replace it

- GPU problem, maybe your drivers not up to date and that could cause also the problem when these cannot handle the game effects.

- Motherboard - rip ( buy a new one )

- Monitor issue if your monitor cannot refresh in an optimal way. 

- Software issues - some of the softwares could cause problems when interfere with the game.

- The game itself the problem, because could not handle something in it's code. That is talkative when the background is continues but only the screen freeze it.

These are all possible issues but I suppose it cannot be all of our pc-s because many tested these things but in various builds happens. Also some has the issue with a modern build yet others have no problem with it at all. I tested if this happens with my 3 GPU (2 radeon and one nvidia) but the problem is still there so I consider this a game problem within it's code.

Edited by Syndrella
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Syndrella said:

Dunno because I survived in the past month and before the hotfix it went all good since then I today just 10 times tried to play but always freezed. Not sure what can solve this but I consider to update my rig to a better one " yet I have a really good rig at moment " but a bit more ram and with a new monitor may be these issues could go away. I do not wish to spend more than 700 dollar to the new rig because my one what I am using is still young with it's 3 and half year. 

I checked older threads with the similar issues and it is really always coming back with major updates. Despite I never had any issues with it before update 25.

PS:

The problems could be the following. What others told me about it.

- Ram issues, try to replace the rams and put them one by one to check if the rams itself are fine.

- CPU problem, much likely the only solution to replace it

- GPU problem, maybe your drivers not up to date and that could cause also the problem when these cannot handle the game effects.

- Motherboard - rip ( buy a new one )

- Monitor issue if your monitor cannot refresh in an optimal way. 

- Software issues - some of the softwares could cause problems when interfere with the game.

- The game itself the problem, because could not handle something in it's code. That is talkative when the background is continues but only the screen freeze it.

These are all possible issues but I suppose it cannot be all of our pc-s because many tested these things but in various builds happens. Also some has the issue with a modern build yet others have no problem with it at all. I tested if this happens with my 3 GPU (2 radeon and one nvidia) but the problem is still there so I consider this a game problem within it's code.

I personally mostly think it's a code problem. I mean, this thing happened only after a major update where huge problems with Windows arised. Also, it happened to numerous players at the same time. Difficult to think all of them just damaged a part of their system.

I had also a technicin check my system and he told me it was fine. Don't know the details tho.

This is no new issue at all. If you google it, you will find posts going back to 2013. I used to have this issue too, solution was to downclock your GPU. Alot of manufacturers make cards that come slightly overclocked. For some reason Warframe doesn't like this. If you downclock your GPU by 30-40 Mhz, the issue should stop. I know this doesn't seem to make alot of sense, since the game worked fine with the same GPU but it solved the issue.

Is probably some confict with the game and video drivers, if it was a hardware issue people would have problem in other games too. Realy hope they fix it soon, i'm worried about missing stuff on Nightwave due to being unable to complete some missions.

I tryed send a ticket with the game's logs last time it happened, but unfortunatelly, as this bug crashes my entire system, i'm not sure if my files was much helpfull. Anybody else tryed contact support? If more people send logs, maybe they can find the problem easyer

On 2019-08-12 at 10:36 PM, Blobfish86 said:

Is probably some confict with the game and video drivers, if it was a hardware issue people would have problem in other games too. Realy hope they fix it soon, i'm worried about missing stuff on Nightwave due to being unable to complete some missions.

I tryed send a ticket with the game's logs last time it happened, but unfortunatelly, as this bug crashes my entire system, i'm not sure if my files was much helpfull. Anybody else tryed contact support? If more people send logs, maybe they can find the problem easyer

I tried to contact the support as soon as the problem arose, but they weren't able to do anything.