Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HazelCapulus

Why do you buy frames?

I've bought some frames and all for the same reason: not wanting to get pissed off by abysmal drop rates, terribly designed bosses, boring gamemodes and buggy ass missions.

A friend had gifted me the Femme Fatale bundle when we decided to give the game a try again after Tennocon 2018 after getting the free Ash Prime when I wasn't going to be able to get Twitch prime for the free Trinity Prime. He knew I really liked Mag whom was my starter frame choice (No potato on her) and that I wanted Trinity so he grabbed me the pack that had Both plus Ember, the 3 Slots and potatoes included since he still had a large stock pile of Plat from when he had played a few years early.

After that I bought the Trinity Prime and Mag Prime components from other players a couple weeks after Tennocon while they were both Vaulted. Since then I don't believe I have bought anything other than Weapon/Frame/Pet slots. I have just farmed my Frames and weapons since then, but I do plan on buying the Garuda bundle eventually more just due to wanting the Bloodshed sigil than the frame and weapon as I already have managed to get both Garuda and her Nagataka, But not putting potatoes on either since I will be eventually buying the bundle when I can get a decent plat discount when I have the funds available to spend.

I have purchased only one frame with Platinum from the store, and that was Mesa. I was burned out on running Salad V and couldn't keep it up, and it was on sale after the community poll thing, so I decided it was a sign and did it, and I'm glad I did. I have had so much fun with Mesa and her Prime (which I did grind up) that I wouldn't have had grinding it out.

I have bought Prime frames with plat, but that was either because I already had the frame and just wanted to speed up the process of having the prime (Equinox) or liked the Prime pack enough to buy it (Ember/Loki a while back). Almost all of my platinum is earned through relic grinding, so with the former case I see it as recycling the effort into getting what I really want.

Plat is super easy to make in this game. If i only have time to play on a weekend, and I want the frame NOW, 200-300 plat is nothing to me. if it's easy to farm up the parts, like for Hildryn and Wisp, and if im not super excited about the frame, i'll make it myself.