Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Space Ninjas - Good Catchphrase Or Unconsidered Mess?

zelgaris

What I think, devs created a an unwanted prejudice with the "space ninjas" phrase, which is backfiring at them whenever they change something like stamina or basically anything that community doesn't find "ninja enough".

In case you are checking the forum on daily basis, you probably noticed people are using "space ninjas don't blah blah" argument pretty commonly yet there is no lore-based information about tennos being equivalent to ninjas.

What do you think, fellow tennos?

I think the catchphrase is not doing any good to the game and it's a bit misleading.

They're mysterious unstoppable mystic warriors with magic superpowers. That's what ninja means to 90% of the population.

Not sure that 90% of the population is imagining the mysterious unstoppable mystic warrior as a sci-fi tight suit humanoid robot/cyborg with assault rifle, pistol and other heavy weaponry such as big axes and hammers, flamethrowers, rocket launchers, etc..

Not sure that 90% of the population is imagining the mysterious unstoppable mystic warrior as a sci-fi tight suit humanoid robot/cyborg with assault rifle, pistol and other heavy weaponry such as big axes and hammers, flamethrowers, rocket launchers, etc..

The sci-fi setting does that to everything. Fantasy ninja use tons of giant weapons, giant scythes, giant pinwheel shuriken, giant swords. Hell a lot of fantasy ninja use even less practical weapons than the Tenno do. Tight suits aren't exactly uncommon either.

What I think, devs created a an unwanted prejudice with the "space ninjas" phrase, which is backfiring at them whenever they change something like stamina or basically anything that community doesn't find "ninja enough".

In case you are checking the forum on daily basis, you probably noticed people are using "space ninjas don't blah blah" argument pretty commonly yet there is no lore-based information about tennos being equivalent to ninjas.

I think the catchphrase is not doing any good to the game and it's a bit misleading.

I agree...

Now then I know your going to take a spear and stab me with a oh there Arlayn goes again... but hear me out here...

The original Dark Sector that was NEVER released was originally intended for us to be mercs right? Then in Dark Sector the released version Hayden Tenno as explained in the comic book Dark Sector Zero was apart of an agency that had him doing missions "Like a Black Ops" Infact here let me show you some pages from the comic books it PERFECTLY describes Tenno now in this game...

SECTOR000_Page_2.jpg

I believe we Tenno are fighting... "Corrupt kings, and brutal warlords. Despots, and Demagogues"

237254-17695.jpg

He describes his own duties in the agency as the "Black ops off the charts element" We are not ninjas were the mysterious Black Ops... and this description makes more sense... we are basically Space Black Ops... not Space Ninjas. The title is more fitting and  matches our operations. Hek we even assassinate a corrupt politician Vay Hek in order to get the "council" to side with us. (who ever they are).

The stamina nerf was pointless and stupid, ninja or not.

Only misleading catchphrase there currently is is the "Ninjas Play Free" at least for the timebeing.

once the DE implements the Slot gain system we will inspect the "Free" part of that catchphrase again.

Edited by Mabswer

I really think the game would benefit from losing the 'ninja' attribution. It sets up a false expectation for anybody just starting.

"Space           "            "            Play Free"

nah, it realy doesn't sound anybetter without the ninjas in there :D

Edited by Mabswer

Good to know I am not the only one, who finds the "space ninjas" phrase misleading.

The stamina nerf was pointless and stupid, ninja or not.

Don't get me wrong - I am not saying the stamina nerf was good, it was implemented in classic DE manner, i.e. badly.

Also due to the fact the "wave dashing" wasn't completely removed the nerf was useless.

I am just saying people are using this $&*&*#(%& "space ninja" as arguments and it's hard to argue with that, since it's also commonly used by devs in the live streams...

It has developed into a space ninja game, really.

I think we were more space-samurai with the skana and pretty much only swords (and the Bo staff) available when I first started playing.

But people loved the "space ninja" term and I think DE kind of fed into it as things were developed.

We are more like space pirates. We board other ships and plunder all their loot.

Also, "Space pirates play free" sounds much more appropriate.

This makes a lot of sense.

All people play for these days is space-booty anyway.

Edited by Volume

We are more like space pirates. We board other ships and plunder all their loot.

Also, "Space pirates play free" sounds much more appropriate.

Can't wait to purchase my 150 PLAT tenno energy eye patch and "arm hook" mod.

Yep, we are basically pirates, mercenaries, something like that currently, but damn, "Pirates play free" is even more stupid than ninjas :D