Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Survey - your Flydolon setups

VanFanel1980mx

Question

I found one or two frames that can work on solo runs against the flydolon but I am curious since there seems to be a meta mere hours after the release, what are your frames and loadouts for solo or squad runs on that thing? what are those frames that won't die in one hit if they can't dodge the lasers in time? (or alternatively won't be able to dodge them because they are shot at you while in "cutscene mode" after ramming the thing onto a frier?

24 answers to this question

Didn't tried it yet but theoreticaly duration zephyr could work. that is if turbulence affects his attacks, mainly the laser he uses at the beggining. if yes then this + ability to just go to the things so fast as you just fly there makes it a preety good choice. I will update on this later, as I planned to try this out.

• Like 1

People need a "meta" build for this boss?

I use the same volt build I use for fishing on Cetus with no adaption, no quick thinking, no arcanes... just speed and good aim. It won't use its lasers when you jump to the ziplines and it's a laughably easy boss, kinda sad for an eidolon actually.

I think people tend to overthink some bosses too much.

• Like 1

I mean I got the dude after 2 tries with atlas that had nothign to do with himself other than use the wall and punch those enemies that spawn like, 2-3 times (actualy quite efective against sentients) and lenz I had to restock using ammo pizza

2 minutes ago, Redrum_Wraith said:

People need a "meta" build for this boss?

I use the same volt build I use for fishing on Cetus with no adaption, no quick thinking, no arcanes... just speed and good aim. It won't use its lasers when you jump to the ziplines and it's a laughably easy boss, kinda sad for an eidolon actually.

I think people tend to overthink some bosses too much.

Did´t know that! Yesterday did only1 confrontation and he Kicked our ass...wanting for the weekend to try again. I cant figure out what to do after i take the shields whith the amp?
How do you do it??
thx in advance...

jump on the lines on the sides of area. when you reacha coil of sorts get behind it and let him shoot a big laser. taking down his shields is used to fly him. after the coil is charged, jump on him (after depleting shields), and make him fly into it. try to figure out the rest on your own

10 minutes ago, Alexcavalera said:

Did´t know that! Yesterday did only1 confrontation and he Kicked our ass...wanting for the weekend to try again. I cant figure out what to do after i take the shields whith the amp?
How do you do it??
thx in advance...

Try searching for it on youtube, there's plenty of videos that can show it better than I can explain it. It's a lot easier to see it being done that risk not understanding what someone says.

Assuming you let it charge the tower with it's lasers, you just jump up to it, hit interact key to grab onto it, then fly it into the tower then back in the middle platform, shoot a synova then call in a laser strike then repeat for the next 2 towers with the last center part being to keep it grownded so the laser can finish it.

1 hour ago, Redrum_Wraith said:

Try searching for it on youtube, there's plenty of videos that can show it better than I can explain it. It's a lot easier to see it being done that risk not understanding what someone says.

Assuming you let it charge the tower with it's lasers, you just jump up to it, hit interact key to grab onto it, then fly it into the tower then back in the middle platform, shoot a synova then call in a laser strike then repeat for the next 2 towers with the last center part being to keep it grownded so the laser can finish it. 

Ah.! nice to Know! I can see now its more complex than i thought! I will do that!
Let the WISP farm Begin!!
THX!

You don't need a build, just good weapons. The only suggestion I would give is zephyr, so you can fly through those big gap parts in the map. Otherwise I just use my eidolon rubico and amp and pretty much 1 hit it in each phase.

Plus, you have the bonus of zephyr having lots'o'ehp.

I've only done it once; I used Inaros and a Baza (the Baza was actually what I just had equipped, and I simply forgot that there'd by Synovia to break 😮). 

Interestingly, the Baza chewed up the joints okay. I was fortunate that there were teammates also, though, because despite it's damage output, it's not optimal at all for the fight (like 4-5 reloads to kill a synovia). Inaros needs nothing special; I just stood behind the crates or rolled around when damage was happening. 

It was a pretty uneventful fight all things considered. 

Edited by Ham_Grenabe

I did it a bunch of times to help friends. I found little difference solo vs. squad. It took me 5 - 6 mins in a squad, 6 - 7 mins solo.

People just took whatever they wanted. The boss is far too easy in my opinion. A decent Amp and a decent Rad-Crit gun is all you need to one or two hit each thing. I took Valkyr. Because I like Valkyr. Any frame works though. 

Edited by krc473

Why do you need a "meta" for something soloable and that something that drops only warframe parts and useless mods to begin with.

People need to chill, jesus. I wish theyd took disruption more serious than a boss which they dont which results in most random teams just running around like headless chickens losing those points. When all it takes is a dps frame to kill those disruptors.

Edited by -Temp0-

6 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Why do you need a "meta" for something soloable and that something that drops only warframe parts and useless mods to begin with.

People need to chill, jesus. I wish theyd took disruption more serious than a boss which they dont which results in most random teams just running around like headless chickens losing those points. When all it takes is a dps frame to kill those disruptors.

In general I just recall someone in a rando saying "oops, wrong frame" and I said "wait, there is already a meta?" and they say "kind of" that's what I really meant in this thread.

Would suggest to get your tankiest build if you are frequently getting downed. 

But after fighting that thing 15 times to get the parts I can probably do it with any frame (may die due to the transition cutscene between bursting a capacitor and getting back into the fight as this amalgam are just waiting there already aiming at your head while you wait to take control of your frame). 

You just need good aim, quick timing and a decent enough amp, doesn't need to be one of the top tier, but the 227 I use for eidolon hunts works very well. A good weapon is kinda obvious but doesn't need to be a sniper, but you do need to be quick. 

On 2019-05-24 at 8:46 PM, 0_The_F00l said:

may die due to the transition cutscene between bursting a capacitor and getting back into the fight as this amalgam are just waiting there already aiming at your head while you wait to take control of your frame

This is a huge problem and needs to stop.

Any decent tank, any decent frame with damage avoidance, any decent gun, Amp with some range. The fight is pretty easy if you stay as a space-child for most of it. Pretty much any frame can be insta-gibbed by scene switch, so it doesn't really matter what you bring imo.

1 minute ago, Infirito said:

Any decent tank, any decent frame with damage avoidance, any decent gun, Amp with some range. The fight is pretty easy if you stay as a space-child for most of it. Pretty much any frame can be insta-gibbed by scene switch, so it doesn't really matter what you bring imo.

BTW, not sure how many enemies in that fight do it but apparently there are a lot of dispel auras that even put you back on your warframe.

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

BTW, not sure how many enemies in that fight do it but apparently there are a lot of dispel auras that even put you back on your warframe.

that happens mostly on void dashing,

you can stay in void mode with little to no problems ..... you (operator) do risk being picked by the ropa in void mode and being unable to do anything until it drops you.

it's a scripted boss fight, what do you need a "meta" build for? bring literally anyone. do the scripted cutscenes. shoot its weak spot once.

the biggest challenge is just not getting randomly one-shot by some trivial S#&$, which can be bypassed by staying in kid form most of the time.

5 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

that happens mostly on void dashing,

you can stay in void mode with little to no problems ..... you (operator) do risk being picked by the ropa in void mode and being unable to do anything until it drops you.

Guess is mostly on void dash but still quite annoying, also if you are grabbed by the flydolon as a frame you can actually escape sometimes by going operator but it seems to have a certain timing (not related to latency.)