Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

the new index map is too big

AugustFestival

Too much room for the enemies to just hide, I run into allied specters more than the Brokers, meaning point income is far lower than before, really making it a race against the clock. Not to mention a complete lack of choke points combined with the abysmal energy intake, Support and Crowd Control frames are basically useless now.

I've always disliked the index. the idea of having your abilities so limited due to energy restrictions was bad without having to nerf the effectiveness; Add the complete nullification of so many abilities and you've severely limited the options. The fact that so many frames are entirely unviable was a red flag to begin with, but at least a few really stood out, like Rhino, Khora, Valkyr, and some other interesting niche picks I've seen. This new map made everything far worse though, killing the diversity by adding too many outs for the Brokers around planned setups. While I don't necessarily think exploitation is the right way to play something, when you've already kneecapped the overwhelming majority of the frames, exploitation was the only way to really play it. If instead the map was made larger but the enemies made more reasonable to deal with, fine, have the bigger map, but this is just making it harder and less fun than it already was.

• Like 3

Just found out about the new map and been playing with a friend for more than 1h on this new map. This new map is beautiful, but it really sucks, too big, too many obstacle, hard to find enemy, the upper floor none sets foot on, not even enemy, i only realized there is a upper floor after a few runs on this map. This new map takes 1/3 - 1/2 longer time than the old map. Everytime I and my friend see this map, we only do 1 round, and just wish for the next run with the outdoor map that hasnt been changed.

Edited by Libpea

2 hours ago, HugeTummyPusheen said:

Why do you think BIG is a problem? too hard to found enemy? dark? I haven't been that map yet, but I think a BIG MAP as good as a BIG MAG.

For us tennos, smallest map with no cover is easiest and best map to fight on.

So, we've just spent 3/4 of the time running around, looking for enemies. The spawn rate is awful for the size of the new map. It's dull and boring, having to just look for the damn enemies. On top of that, a lot of enemies drop the points in places you cannot reach, so that adds even more unnecessary length to an already boring match.

Instead of making it better, it just got worse. At least add some sort of survival mission for credits, this is awful.

uuUgYjb.jpg

On 2019-05-27 at 7:19 PM, Test-995 said:

For us tennos, smallest map with no cover is easiest and best map to fight on.

Well, it depends. Small map lower the challenge and it is good for achievers. For me, a explorer, I don't care success or not, but it is nice to explore more wonderful places in the map. It will be good if we can swim. 

1 hour ago, HugeTummyPusheen said:

Well, it depends. Small map lower the challenge and it is good for achievers. For me, a explorer, I don't care success or not, but it is nice to explore more wonderful places in the map. It will be good if we can swim. 

I said "fight on", and what you are doing there is explore, so...

Really struggling with this new index map, all the new Gas City tilesets seem big, but with this being timed it's hard. It's become too complex now, there's a lot of clutter around the place considering it's supposed to be an arena. It used to be my preferred map before, as it was more direct and no chance of falling, but I'll take the open air one over this anyday.

I'd be fine with a bigger Index map, personally, but it should still roughly work out to the same credit gain per time, as otherwise its inclusion is just a debuff to the Index. This would require either having more Brokers running the map, more points dropped per kill, fewer points needed to win, or something to help locate the Brokers (such as innate enemy radar). As is, this level seems basically unwinnable with most pick-up groups and seems to appear at least 50% of the time, meaning that I'm pretty much Index-less when none of my friends are available.

On 2019-05-27 at 10:34 PM, HugeTummyPusheen said:

Why do you think BIG is a problem? too hard to found enemy? dark? I haven't been that map yet, but I think a BIG MAP as good as a BIG MAG.

Radasus put it together well:

On 2019-05-25 at 2:12 PM, Radasus said:

Too much room for the enemies to just hide, I run into allied specters more than the Brokers, meaning point income is far lower than before, really making it a race against the clock. Not to mention a complete lack of choke points combined with the abysmal energy intake, Support and Crowd Control frames are basically useless now.

I've always disliked the index. the idea of having your abilities so limited due to energy restrictions was bad without having to nerf the effectiveness; Add the complete nullification of so many abilities and you've severely limited the options. The fact that so many frames are entirely unviable was a red flag to begin with, but at least a few really stood out, like Rhino, Khora, Valkyr, and some other interesting niche picks I've seen. This new map made everything far worse though, killing the diversity by adding too many outs for the Brokers around planned setups. While I don't necessarily think exploitation is the right way to play something, when you've already kneecapped the overwhelming majority of the frames, exploitation was the only way to really play it. If instead the map was made larger but the enemies made more reasonable to deal with, fine, have the bigger map, but this is just making it harder and less fun than it already was.

as for the 'too dark', i guess it's more or less a setting thing and personal liking...

and as for a big mag, this made me think of a big mac™ and therefore hungry - so damn you ^^)

7 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

Radasus put it together well:

as for the 'too dark', i guess it's more or less a setting thing and personal liking...

and as for a big mag, this made me think of a big mac™ and therefore hungry - so damn you ^^)

Having a big mac while playing game is not bad. 
We may use torch and point at the screen if it is too dark.
For me, I like climbing to the top of hill and look around the map. I think archwing is good for big map. (If we can have a vehicle, it would becomes much better.)

12 hours ago, HugeTummyPusheen said:

Having a big mac while playing game is not bad. 
We may use torch and point at the screen if it is too dark.
For me, I like climbing to the top of hill and look around the map. I think archwing is good for big map. (If we can have a vehicle, it would becomes much better.)

maybe they allow us to use our hoverboards...ehm.. k-drives™ indoor too someday ^^)

and damn, i got hungry again...

So one of my prior concerns was indeed due to a bug. The energy seems to be back, though only have four nodes on a huge map is still entirely unreasonable. Oh, and let's not forget that the lowered health from financial stress also nullifies the usefulness of Rage and Hunter's Adrenaline. Basically, what I'm saying is that it's not entirely the map's fault for the discontent I've seen. really, It's the game mode itself.

Warframe is a game where you get to play a ninja space wizard. The index removes most of the wizard part. Like... parkour Destiny I guess. All the cool stuff you get to do stripped away, forcing you to play without what makes your setup unique and interesting. I understand the need for a diversity of challenges, but when the index is so integral to the flow of credits for the overwhelming majority of players, the mode itself should reflect that diversity. Let the other missions have their niche picks. Defense and Spy missions already call for entirely different frames. You'd be hard pressed to find eidolon hunting parties sporting a Zephyr, but when you need to grab that ayatan treasure for Maroo there's almost no better pick.Thing is, even though each frame has a niche, there's nothing about any particular mission that's specifically limiting who can play them. Ivara might be built for spy missions but she can still contribute on a point defense. The Index however is extremely limiting, more so than any other game mode. Even Ember can find success on a sortie, but when frames like Oberon and Chroma start suffering and become nonviable picks, you really can't help but wonder if it's just bad design at its core. And if I haven't already emphasized this, the reason this is such a problem is because everyone NEEDS the index. Something that mainstream should be more fun.