Stats (base)

Health: 100

Shield: 150

Energy: 100

Armour: 150

Speed: 0.85

Abilities

Scatter Bomb (25 energy)

Throws a handful of explosive pellets in a wide cone with a slight arc (for hitting enemies in cover) in front of Panzer, dealing moderate damage and staggering all hit by them.

Blockade (50 energy)

Creates a thick metal shield (tall enough to crouch behind) that blocks all damage and movement of both Tenno and enemies. Also provides small health regen to Tenno standing near it. For balance purposes, there must be a limit to the number of blockades placed.

Longshot (50 energy)

Increases damage of bullet weapons and snipers exponentially as distance between the Tenno and the target increases. Also adds heavy knock back/stagger to the affected weapons.

Blitzkrieg (100 energy)

Increases movement speed, shields, and rate of fire of all Tenno in the area of effect by 50% (when maxed) for a period of time (20 seconds?).

Panzer is the bulwark frame, capable of setting up defensive positions in almost any environment, and then keeping the enemy at bay with his solid abilities. He is centered around defense, support and survivability.

Slow and purposeful, he marches into battle, laying down a withering hail of fire. Should he face something too great to tackle alone, he can hunker down and either wait for reinforcements, or wear down his foes in a gritty battle of attrition.

While he may lack melee abilities, he almost certainly beats his fellow Tenno in ranged warfare.

Using abilities such as Blockade and Scatter Bomb, Panzer can push back and effectively halt an enemy advance.

Using the Longshot and Blitzkrieg abilities, Panzer can power up his team, allowing them to either take the fight to the enemy, or retreat quickly and safely under the cover of menacing firepower.

I like this idea too, however I think it should compromise in the following ways:

1. lower the shields to 50, focus more on armor to encourage the use of armor resistance mods

2. Scatter bomb sounds cool but potentially OP, maybe low dmg + stager or moderate dmg w/out stagger

3. Blockade sounds really awesome and useful, but I'd say no more than 2 up at one time (placing the 3rd removes the 1st, etc.)

4. Longshot also sounds nice, but I don't think it needs a secondary effect. The exponential dmg increase is huge.

Overall a well thought out concept, nice job. I think this tank idea would supplement Rhino's tank role quite nicely.

Edited by G3m1n1

Wait. This frame's name literally means tank. Really?

No it does not. Panzer means armour. The reason German tanks were called Panzers was because their full name was Panzerkampfwagen, meaning "Armoured Fighting Vehicle".

@ G3m1n1

1. Lowering his shields that far would make him rather squishy, especially at high levels. Although with the armour rework coming up it might be more viable. However, with shields being the more reliable defense currently, I'd say Panzer ought to have strong shields. He would be absolutely slaughtered in close combat if his shields were as low as 50.

2. I was thinking 300 damage for maxed out Scatter bomb wouldn't be unbalanced. Sure you could clear lots of rooms at low levels, but once enemies start getting stronger, the stagger effect will be the reason people use the ability.

3. Even 2 might be too much. Imagine if you had a team of 4 Panzers, you could block the majority of paths on a defense mission quite easily. The idea of having one disappear when a new one is created is nice.

4. Well it depends on the formula used for the damage increase. I envisioned it as quite low (~5%) in close quarters, up to 400% at 50-60m (still less than Banshee's Sonar). The secondary effect would be to ensure that the ability would still have some use in a variety of situations. Perhaps as enemies get closer, the stun/stagger/knockback effect could increase? So you'd either get a strong stun attack, or a highly damaging one, based on the enemy's distance.

That's pretty cool, actually. I echo G3m1n1's sentiments that a team with more than one Panzer would probably be far too effective on defense missions thanks to the Blockade ability; imagine a Frost or Frost Prime with one or two Panzers with a couple blockades each. It'd be a slaughter.

Other'n that, awesome stuff, would love to see this in the game.