Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do I quickly kill Demolysts?

Krowiplacek

Question

I couldn't find an answer to which damage type is the best for them, they're hella tanky for me and nothing I tried one-shots them, and it's a real problem since I play solo and I usually only have a couple seconds to react when I see one, and even that isn't a guarantee with all the knockdowns and particle effects. What weapons do you use to quickly take care of them? I've been using this build for Rubico Prime but it falls off on higher levels for me

GkwiQ21.png

Demolysts are tougher Amalgams. When you look at the Wiki for Amalgams:

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Amalgam

You can see that they have varying resistances and weaknesses. So it’ll be best to take hard hitting weapons with a range of damage types. I have a Tigris for gas, Kitgun with radiation and viral on my Paracesis. I don’t have it but I’ve seen others lock them down with Magus Lockdown. 

So long as you have the positive statistics for their weaknesses on at least two weapon types then you should be able to take them down relatively easily. 

Best defence is offence though - wait for the beeping sound and get to it quickly to buy yourself time. 

I think I was using teamwork along with a Radiation centric Dex Pixia. 

Got me to at least 4k pts and then I just sorta wondered off. 

Also when they would bump me out of Razorwing which seemed to happen more than it felt like it should........ because everyone LOVES power nullification. Especially when your DPS amd survivabilty come from that power..... I used a Catchmoon with an OK riven to finish melting their face. Also Radiation, I humbly await the time when DE goes "Hey guys everyone is using radiation weapons now, think it's time to change the high DPS vulnarability on all our new enemies to like Gas or something" 

Edited by Oreades

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Mesa has a damage reduction ability. Perhaps try that.

I'm using it, but there's a lot of enemies that aren't using bullet-based weapons there with all the amalgams and such, and there's a S#&$ ton of nullifiers there

I used high strength chroma with handspring,rage mods and catchmoon builded for chroma(not including damage mods,rad-viral). i closed alad v's sound from settings to hear demolysts and for arcanes 2 magus elevate(1 magus repair and 1 magus lockdown can be replaced). I did like 11k solo i had still 6 revives and left against 150lvls. inaros team can do a lot better imo

2 hours ago, Krowiplacek said:

I'm using it, but there's a lot of enemies that aren't using bullet-based weapons there with all the amalgams and such, and there's a S#&$ ton of nullifiers there

Then your build sux. I can solo with mesa at least 10 rounds. The point is to be constantly on the move.

2 hours ago, Krowiplacek said:

Mesa is so squishy though... I can't survive with non-tank frames when the enemies get to like level 60-ish

Mesa isn't squishy, but she does have a vulnerability to melee--and energy drain, since she has multiple shields that must be maintained. 

I've personally had issues with demos and Peacemaker; enough so that I don't think Mesa is a particularly good choice for this mission. 

The best performance I've had so far is with Catchmoon modded for rad or mag/rad. The best warframe I've used so far has been Khora. She can lock down the area around a node reasonably well, and Whipclaw is simply devastating--as usual. 

Gara with a rivened prisma gorgon. Plenty of crowd control, good tanking ability. And the gorgon is viral with 54% status, 125% crit chance, and hunter's munitions.

Just lay on the trigger and keep it there until it dies, the buggers got em shield gates!

While they can nullify glass walls, if you can prep a chokepoint, you can have it wait 10 seconds to go through both walls.

I use mag and lanka combo. Do note that mag's magnetize (as long as it's not dispelled by the demolyst) multiply not just ur damage, but ur teammate as well. My best scenario is mag, rhino, and nova on the same team. usually taking down the demolyst wouldn;t be a problem until like 60 minutes on the endurance event run. (I think it's easier on normal node because of the lower level).

16 minutes ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Nova + Catchmoon worked well for me today; slow the Demolysts quite a bit (I loaded up on strength - it gave us a nice amount of breathing room) and then just shoot-shoot-shoot. 

I didn't think about using nova to slow them down, thanks! 

Regarding your issue with Mesa: keep your 2 and 3 up and you should be fine. I do use all of Primed Flow, Fleeting and Streamline though, so energy isn’t much of an issue. With just 120% str she can facetank sortie level mobs, no issue.

im using either Nyx or Nova as frame for CC.

And Catchmoon modded with radiation, with riven so total of 13k rad, i think

starts to struggle at about Round 7 though, takes so many shots to kill it at this point so if you dont spot it far away enough from it, he runs up and explodes before you kill him so have to keep an eye out.

radiation definitely seems to be dealing most dmg though. tried gas and it did nothing, same with corrosive. struggled way earlier than Round 7 with those elements.

On 2019-05-24 at 1:05 PM, Krowiplacek said:

Cutty

I would not recommend weapons like the rubico actually. Things like the opticor and rubico are worse cause you need to put out a lot of damage F A S T. Use weapons with high DPS not high burst damage.

Can also use a Chroma or ask for a Chroma to be on your team since most people crowd the demolysts having that 600% damage bonus makes a big diff

22 hours ago, Krowiplacek said:

Mesa is so squishy though... I can't survive with non-tank frames when the enemies get to like level 60-ish

Try something like this:

Primed Continuity, Umbral Intensify, Umbral Vitality, Adaptation (rank 8), Fleeting Expertise (rank 4), Streamline (rank 4), Narrow Minded, Transient Fortitude, Power Drift, Corrosive Projection

Arcane Aegis, Arcane Velocity

Requires 4x forma. Add a tick, a D and a double dot (exilus) polarity and turn the aura polarity from a a tick to a dash.

Keep Shattershield and Shooting Gallery up at all times. Shattershield gives 95% damage reduction and Shooting Gallery jams enemy guns in close range, thus reducing incoming damage. Take shield damage with adaptation to proc Arcane Aegis so can take a lot of bullet spam without dipping into red health.

Zenurik dash to recover energy when not in Peacemaker. Mesa is quite tanky for a murder frame.

Radiation Rubico Prime using a Nova with Molecular Fission augment, those demolysts cut short the MP duration but you can still refresh it giving enough time to blast it to bits when you hear its comedy clown noises from afar, and ofc MP will help deal with trash mobs as well.

The same applies to a Nekros using Creeping Terrify augment which also does wide area CC, is more spammable than Nova's MP and has 5% more slow.

14 minutes ago, kmattrodriguez said:

iirc if you use radiation u do 20% less dmg i suggest using viral instead of radiation also try redeemer prime my friend who has it said that he can kill a level 150 demolyst pretty easily with redeemer prime  with viral element

you could even try the event Glaxion modded for more range and Viral+Radiation, this ofc is more for people who have less weapons to play with and still want to contribute to their clan scores.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Methanoid said:

you could even try the event Glaxion modded for more range and Viral+Radiation, this ofc is more for people who have less weapons to play with and still want to contribute to their clan scores.

yeah u can but just i am just saying that  redeemer prime works really well too