Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Are assassination missions canon to the story or not??

Gentleman_Bird

Before the Jovian Concord, I was convinced that assassination missions aren't canon. We've killed Alad V twice already. Before Nightwave, I honestly thought he was dead for good after the infested Alad V assassination. The Vor & Kril assassination doesn't make sense either, since Vor turns corrupted after getting sliced in half at the end of Vor's Prize. All these examples point toward the idea that assassination missions aren't canon.

But then we get the Ropalolyst assassination mission, with a bunch of Natah lore that comes with it. So that means the Ropalolyst assassination mission is canon, right?

This whole thing is very confusing. Are some assassination missions canon while others aren't? Does this mean Tyl Regor, Kril and The Sergeant are still alive and doing stuff? Or did they actually die during their assassination missions?

You know this has been on my mind as well. I thought maybe i missed some story since I only began playing last year but these assassination missions like vor's don't make much sense to me. You kill him and the  he magically appears with another guy you killed as well. What the heck?

I really wish DE would go back and iron out these lore issues since they seem to have a better idea of where the lore is going than they had before.

3 minutes ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

Are some assassination missions canon while others aren't?

Yes. Don't forget they also revamped the entire star chart, but didn't really bother to do the necessary lore changes.

This is standard MMO boss logic. You don't necessarily kill them. You might just kill a clone, defeat them to 99.9% and they escape, invent a reason. It cannot be canon for you to kill a boss and for others playing the game to not kill them yet.

• Like 11

15 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

This is standard MMO boss logic. You don't necessarily kill them. You might just kill a clone, defeat them to 99.9% and they escape, invent a reason. It cannot be canon for you to kill a boss and for others playing the game to not kill them yet.

Well, Vey Hek runs away, and Robotic enemies can come back because they can just build another one, but everyone else dies. Lotus even heavily implies Alad V dies during his infested assassination mission

Edited by Gentleman_Bird

hace 3 minutos, Gentleman_Bird dijo:

Well, Vey Hek runs away, and Robotic enemies can come back because they can just build another one, but everyone else dies. Lotus even heavily implies Alad V dies during his infested assassination mission

But, TSD happens after Infested Alad. And the Shadow Debts (First Acolytes event) After TSD, and there we help Alad V killing the Acolytes. So isn't something new that he is alive. I think that most of the bosses are just defeated and not killed and buried forever.

Or, if you prefer that, he maybe use Kuva/Oro to revive himself...

25 minutes ago, Chaemyerelis said:

Well that explains alot. Ty.

Wish they'd clean up the lore 😞  

Agreed.

It's not like they can't make clean lore, with interesting links. Sigor Savah's lore's been pretty clear cut for example. Starts on Venus, uncovers Venari, becomes enraptured with her and winds up saving her. Escapes and dedicates his life to trying to uncover Khora on the Plains. Figuring they'd be buried, he goes after Ghouls as they disturb the ground, presumably bringing up parts. In the meantime, he becomes a mentor to Teasonai, teaching him how to maintain the Plains after seeing the light of preservation due to Venari.

2 minutes ago, Dragoncroac said:

But, TSD happens after Infested Alad. And the Shadow Debts (First Acolytes event) After TSD, and there we help Alad V killing the Acolytes. So isn't something new that he is alive. I think that most of the bosses are just defeated and not killed and buried forever.

Or, if you prefer that, he maybe use Kuva/Oro to revive himself...

You don't encounter Infested Alad V until well after The Second Dream quest, one can only assume that he doesn't get infested until after The Second Dream. And I don't recall Alad V having anything to do with the Acolyte events.

9 minutes ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

You don't encounter Infested Alad V until well after The Second Dream quest, one can only assume that he doesn't get infested until after The Second Dream. And I don't recall Alad V having anything to do with the Acolyte events.

You're absolutely right.

However, so is Dragoncroac - chronologically, TSD occurred after Infested Alad and after the Tubemen of Regor - the event where he was cured.

• Like 1

Alad V lore is as following :

First he was a member of the corpus council and was developing the zanuka project with warframe parts. But then the tenno came and destroyed Zanuka, which led to Alad V's eviction from the corpus council. This regular Alad V fight.

He than started to study infestation and managed to upgrade it so it could infect robotics too. It's at this point he became infested himself. Somehow he managed to tak control of a mesa warframe. Once again the tenno came and ruined his plans. This is mutalist Alad V.

Later on, he somehow keeped enough of his consciousness to wish to get rid of his infestation. To get a cure for it, he asked the tenno for help, the key to the cure being within Tyl Regor's research. Nef Anyo didn't really wanted Alad to coome back so he made a counter offer to the tenno to destroy Tyl Regor's research instead. In the end, the tenno choosed to help Alad V and cured him from the infestation.

Finally, because of our previous help, he had a debt to the tenno. He honored this debt within the second dream. You can see he still have some scar from his infestation. 

11 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

Alad V lore is as following :

First he was a member of the corpus council and was developing the zanuka project with warframe parts. But then the tenno came and destroyed Zanuka, which led to Alad V's eviction from the corpus council. This regular Alad V fight.

He than started to study infestation and managed to upgrade it so it could infect robotics too. It's at this point he became infested himself. Somehow he managed to tak control of a mesa warframe. Once again the tenno came and ruined his plans. This is mutalist Alad V.

Later on, he somehow keeped enough of his consciousness to wish to get rid of his infestation. To get a cure for it, he asked the tenno for help, the key to the cure being within Tyl Regor's research. Nef Anyo didn't really wanted Alad to coome back so he made a counter offer to the tenno to destroy Tyl Regor's research instead. In the end, the tenno choosed to help Alad V and cured him from the infestation.

Finally, because of our previous help, he had a debt to the tenno. He honored this debt within the second dream. You can see he still have some scar from his infestation. 

That's completely out of order from what happens in-game. First you kill Alad V and Zanuka on Jupiter, then he shows up in the second dream. Much later, he's inexplicably infested, and you kill him again. Then he's inexplicably uninfested and working with Natah. I haven't seen any in-game mention of how he got infested or uninfested.

• Like 2

il y a 13 minutes, Gentleman_Bird a dit :

That's completely out of order from what happens in-game. First you kill Alad V and Zanuka on Jupiter, then he shows up in the second dream. Much later, he's inexplicably infested, and you kill him again. Then he's inexplicably uninfested and working with Natah. I haven't seen any in-game mention of how he got infested or uninfested.

Because you need to follow the update order rather than the in game order. 

Alad V was revealed to have been infested in operation mutalist incursion which took place in late novemeber to early december of 2014. 

He than asked to be cured during operation tubemen of Regor in may of 2015.

A lot of the game's lore actually come from past event.

The wiki compile Alad V's lore pretty well :https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Alad_V

Edited by Marekthejester
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Marekthejester said:

Because you need to follow the update order rather than the in game order. 

Alad V was revealed to have been infested in operation mutalist incursion which took place in late novemeber to early december of 2014. 

He than asked to be cured during operation tubemen of Regor in may of 2015.

A lot of the game's lore actually come from past event.

The wiki compile Alad V's lore pretty well :https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Alad_V

So basically, there is no way for a new player to understand what the #*!% is happening with Alad V unless they check the wiki?

Captin Vor is a clone so when they die they get a clone.  Same with Alad V if we kill him basically he gets repair like robotics or digital download his mind into thous brain case into another body that why the requirement of brain casing was high in value because of you wondering the dark side the stories how they were outlived which pretty much that is how it is.  For sentient, they gain weird way immortal which they still have a painful process to go through, no matter how it viewed it seems orokin is the same way in a way aspect their immortal requires bodies or in some sort cuz achieving kuva isn't what we attended to thought about it.  Then we have the tenno (frame + Operator) we obtain immortal through the void where somehow even thou our frame is killed we still go get up mode or either operator is dmg they are sent back to the frame.  Seems it is impossible for the operator to die so does the frame and frame can die but get easy resurrected of simple repairs, for this is quite the mess up immortality rules here.

2 hours ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

That's because the lore is tied to one-shot in-game events that happened a long time ago.  Alad V basically got fired after the player characters destroyed his Zanuka Project.  He started doing research on the Infested, culminating in a big event where the Tenno tried to stop his new Mutalist bioforms before they got permanently added to the Infested.  Didn't work, and Alad V decided to upgrade himself and try to seize control of the Infestation personally.  After Alad V lets himself become Infested, he starts to think that maybe it wasn't *actually* his greatest idea.  So he starts looking for a cure.  The event was sort of a contest between him and Tyl Rygor (who also gets better despite the fact that we "killed" him during a previous event.)  If you sided with Alad V, you stole the cure from Tyl Rygor.  If you sided with Rygor, I seem to remember you destroyed the cure research.  PC and one of the consoles decided to help Alad V, so the "canon" story seems to be that he got better. 

*Then* Second Dream happens, which is why he has the bioluminecent scar on his left cheek during his dialogue there.  Then another event happened, where Stalker (who got better after being defeated in Second Dream) somehow turns up with his band of Acolytes.  Hunting for Alad V.  He called in his favor for helping with the Second Dream so that the Tenno would protect him from Stalker.  The results of the events appears to have been made officially part of the story, but the story is now missing a few chapters because the events never happened again.

As for what Alad V's deal is, he has only ever been on his own side.  If Lotus is Space Mom and Teshin is Space Dad, Alad V and Hunhow are the weird uncles that no one ever invites to family reunions but they keep finding out and showing up anyway.  😛 

I'm pretty sure that Grineer bosses, like Vor and the sedna boss, are cloned constantly as that is the concept of grineer, they keep cloning and decaying. The Corpus would replace the people you kill, say for example Jackal, Raptor which are mass produced and the Sergant would've got replaced and we wouldn't know due to them constantly wearing helmets. The infestation can't die because they can easily mass produce through *space mitosis*. Alad V is a weird one since he is killed multiple times but doesn't die but rather sustains an injury, this is visible in the Jovian update where Alad V has a scar under his eye showing the previous infestation. We also need to take account that there might special technology that they might use which will prevent complete death, like how we have 5 revives. I would say that the technology is plot armour but oh well

5 hours ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

Before the Jovian Concord, I was convinced that assassination missions aren't canon. We've killed Alad V twice already. Before Nightwave, I honestly thought he was dead for good after the infested Alad V assassination. The Vor & Kril assassination doesn't make sense either, since Vor turns corrupted after getting sliced in half at the end of Vor's Prize. All these examples point toward the idea that assassination missions aren't canon.

But then we get the Ropalolyst assassination mission, with a bunch of Natah lore that comes with it. So that means the Ropalolyst assassination mission is canon, right?

This whole thing is very confusing. Are some assassination missions canon while others aren't? Does this mean Tyl Regor, Kril and The Sergeant are still alive and doing stuff? Or did they actually die during their assassination missions?

Need to add a spoiler tag to this thread, my dude.

1 hour ago, EmberStar said:

That's because the lore is tied to one-shot in-game events that happened a long time ago.  Alad V basically got fired after the player characters destroyed his Zanuka Project.  He started doing research on the Infested, culminating in a big event where the Tenno tried to stop his new Mutalist bioforms before they got permanently added to the Infested.  Didn't work, and Alad V decided to upgrade himself and try to seize control of the Infestation personally.  After Alad V lets himself become Infested, he starts to think that maybe it wasn't *actually* his greatest idea.  So he starts looking for a cure.  The event was sort of a contest between him and Tyl Rygor (who also gets better despite the fact that we "killed" him during a previous event.)  If you sided with Alad V, you stole the cure from Tyl Rygor.  If you sided with Rygor, I seem to remember you destroyed the cure research.  PC and one of the consoles decided to help Alad V, so the "canon" story seems to be that he got better. 

*Then* Second Dream happens, which is why he has the bioluminecent scar on his left cheek during his dialogue there.  Then another event happened, where Stalker (who got better after being defeated in Second Dream) somehow turns up with his band of Acolytes.  Hunting for Alad V.  He called in his favor for helping with the Second Dream so that the Tenno would protect him from Stalker.  The results of the events appears to have been made officially part of the story, but the story is now missing a few chapters because the events never happened again.

As for what Alad V's deal is, he has only ever been on his own side.  If Lotus is Space Mom and Teshin is Space Dad, Alad V and Hunhow are the weird uncles that no one ever invites to family reunions but they keep finding out and showing up anyway.  😛 

If DE actually made this part of the proper story, Warframe might become a real video game

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

Warframe lore is really loose and you really shouldn't worry about it. For example, did you know that you are the first Zariman Kid to ever be woken up from Lua? Yes, even if you just joined three months ago. Yes, even if you were in fifty different missions with 150 different players all using their Z-kids. You were the first

8 hours ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

DE's lore works on the same general principle as warhammer 40k's. Things happened, the when and how and if they're linked is fuzzy because a lore master or master notebook of lore is a tricky concept. 

• Like 1