Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers] Are assassination missions canon to the story or not??

Gentleman_Bird

3 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Captin Vor is a clone so when they die they get a clone

See, that's where your wrong as Vor WAS canonically killed during the intro quest, it's why we have Corrupted Vor. And we never actually killed Alad V, the story is his assassination node was only us destroying Zanuka. But yeah, Vor, Ambulas, and the Ropalolyst are the only assassinations that canonically resulted in an actual death. I think Lech Kril and maybe Kela are dead too.

29 minutes ago, Atsia said:

See, that's where your wrong as Vor WAS canonically killed during the intro quest, it's why we have Corrupted Vor. And we never actually killed Alad V, the story is his assassination node was only us destroying Zanuka. But yeah, Vor, Ambulas, and the Ropalolyst are the only assassinations that canonically resulted in an actual death. I think Lech Kril and maybe Kela are dead too.

naw, still clone dna make clone vor and still developed other vor and makes corrupted vor is laying next void gate or either that key makes lots dna cloning issues. just say that why all the bosses is still alive or not mark down killed.  They either keep on showing each other up because they were cut down too many time for this stuff so it wouldn't matter. If they were killed then Alad V wouldn't be alive still from all that stuff event is going unturn which we did kill him in the infested ship and marks down pretty much bs right there.  Ask yourself are the corpus is are they machine or either just download their brain into a machine and have cyborg parts for doing stuff.  This is where the point is can be all mess up what is their exact goal is.

No, the consistency of warframe bosses and the actual lore is non existent. 

I have made multiple posts to highlight it,

DE has stopped caring about consistency of the game and has gone into "factory mode" just churn out stuff that can be sold as quickly as possible then move on to the next when popularity fades. 

I am not calling DE greedy, they are still a great company, but they are losing sight of older story aspects by being blinded by pretty "tech demo" showpieces.

I still see it as just another gameplay node. Like how we use those excavator to get more orokin artifacts on different planets. We're still space ninjas after all. Killing important figure heads is part of it. But mostly it seems only the quests are canon for lore. Going through those lost events on console would be a good thing (like the late comer switch version). Though DE has too much on their hands to do anything about it for now.

2 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

naw, still clone dna make clone vor and still developed other vor and makes corrupted vor is laying next void gate or either that key makes lots dna cloning issues. just say that why all the bosses is still alive or not mark down killed.  They either keep on showing each other up because they were cut down too many time for this stuff so it wouldn't matter. If they were killed then Alad V wouldn't be alive still from all that stuff event is going unturn which we did kill him in the infested ship and marks down pretty much bs right there.  Ask yourself are the corpus is are they machine or either just download their brain into a machine and have cyborg parts for doing stuff.  This is where the point is can be all mess up what is their exact goal is.

You can't say no to canon? In terms of lore/the story, Vor is no more. He died, no more Vor running around, no remaking a clone. The end. Then he comes back as Corrupted Vor, this undying due to being an energy being now. That's what is official.

23 minutes ago, Atsia said:

You can't say no to canon? In terms of lore/the story, Vor is no more. He died, no more Vor running around, no remaking a clone. The end. Then he comes back as Corrupted Vor, this undying due to being an energy being now. That's what is official.

ok then you want real canon how the operator is still alive if our revived was all gone the fact they would both would be dead, Fact the operator need a host like a parasite and without a host, they would have died for both of them.  Canon cutting up all the bosses and still come back afterward from all these scenes and still alive to temp destroy us also canon brain casing, canon kuva, canon void, canon guns.  How far we have to go with canon which with things so its better use that quote ...

dont-think-about-it-rick-and-morty-dont-

because logic how these guys get back from the dead don't need to think about it because this is how bs runs.

Well Warframe requires a fair bit of suspension of disbelief, I think, in order for the lore to make sense...mainly because it is incomplete and delivered in a haphazard manner.

My own take on it is that Assassination missions are meant to be "final". That is, we do kill them, once and for all. However, since we have to farm bosses for frame parts, we actually end up killing them as many times as necessary, before RNGesus grants us all the blueprints.

Vor & Alad V are obviously a bit different, as they find ways to be reborn / regenerated. I have no problem with this, as long as there is a plausible back story to this (plus I've grown quite fond of Salad).

Ropalolyst, if you think about it, isn't really any different to the majority of bosses. Its just a fragment of Natah, the same way the Eidolons are fragments of other Sentients. So we can kill it as many times as necessary, without having any effect on Natah's future lore. The stuff revealed in the Ropaloli mission is just designed to show her new character.

I only wish the devs had put all the dialogue in pre and/or post-mission cut scenes. There is so much dialogue and its really distracting...in fact I couldn't listen to most of it, as I was too busy trying to navigate through the map.

Edited by FlusteredFerret

Actually it is rarely said that the boss we kill is no more. One of the exceptions is Vor, but his death in Vor's Prize matters so much because he is linked to the Ascaris so his death directly influenses us.

With other bosses the game itself heavily implies that they somehow come back. And actually if you think of it they really all have a reason for this.

For the Grineer bosses, they all basically come as parts of clone series, so after we kill one of them we face another clone, the only exception being the Queen, who doesn't have clones so she can't be killed multiple times, seems logical.

The robotic bosses are kind of obvious, they are just parts of their model lines.

The Sergeant is just a sergeant, so we basically kill a different person every time.

Ropalolyst and other Sentient bosses are fragments of a Sentient and Natah mentions directly that we are killing one of many.

The really interesting one is Alad V miraculously continuing to come back from death multiple times even in the story. The explanation I see here is that he is not a regular corpus like Bek for example. In the story it is implied that he is actually an Orokin like the Queens. This is supported by him constantly calling the Tenno 'Betrayers', and Hunhow referring to him as Orokin. Maybe unlike the Queen he actually have some high quality bodies in his storage and uses Continuity to travel between them.

All this bargaining to make sense of a nonsensical story. They have that small team rebuilding the tutorial and to have it make more sense by the lore as it is now compared to back then. Maybe the same team can work on death scenes or the lack of escape for the characters that need it.

Like Alad gets thrown out of a window in the zanuka fight in the trailer. It should be represented in the game. Let him land on a osprey and float away.

I wouldn't have any problem with it, if it felt like there was any attempt at explaining it. For those who believe this can be explained by cloning, immortality, or any of the sort, unfortunately the game has gone out of it's way to show things actually die. The Grineer are actually a perfect example. One could say they keep cloning themselves over and over again. Except then why not just clone a bunch of Tyl Regors? Or Keylas? There is no reason why only one could exist at a time if they are clones. The biggest kill we have on the Grineer is one of the Queens. The Immortal Queens who are themselves as Orokin as Ballas. No Queen Clone? 

Alad is just the silliest. Yes he has been killed multiple times. The original fight's gimmick is kill Zanuka, then Alad. Made it quite clear in the first event. Now you just get the message that Lotus has always said: "Target Down. Assassination contract complete. Good Work." Then a message from our friendly neighborhood Stalkerman tells us "Your actions have consequences...." Now clearly both are as true as cake, but the whole revealed deal of the Stalker hunting us in the Second Dream relies on him attacking us for completing assassination missions. It explains the Warframes are not in fact the Tenno, and if you were paying close enough attention in The War Within, the Operator is still in their throne the whole time in a sort of superposition type deal. That's why we clearly fade as though we were images when the Operator "dies", it was just an astral projection of sorts. Alad was certainly killed in the original event and map node, and then when we face him as an infested. After which he reincarnates and asks for forgiveness. Then teams up with Lotus to make the only mistake he's allowed to keep making: fight the Tenno.

Now, what's kind of a bummer is it really makes things feel like they are instanced events separate from what's supposed to be the same world. Other MMO's "Logic" doesn't usually tell you every time you kill a boss the exact same message, only to have the exact same boss be storyline later in progression. If we can repeat the same mission over and over, same boss battle against Captian Vor? Sure. Have him die literally twice so you can use his assets as another place to drop Warframe parts? Come on, how long has Warframe been out now?

16 hours ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

You don't encounter Infested Alad V until well after The Second Dream quest, one can only assume that he doesn't get infested until after The Second Dream. And I don't recall Alad V having anything to do with the Acolyte events.

Alad V actually has everything to do with the original Acolyte events. At the end of the original Shadow Debt you have to defend Alad V from Acolytes who are trying to kill him and call Alad V an "Orokin traitor" IIRC.

I think Captain Vor is currently the only boss declared dead officially (and later revived as Corrupted Vor).

Edited by Marvelous_A

1 hour ago, Marvelous_A said:

Alad V actually has everything to do with the original Acolyte events. At the end of the original Shadow Debt you have to defend Alad V from Acolytes who are trying to kill him and call Alad V an "Orokin traitor" IIRC.

I think Captain Vor is currently the only boss declared dead officially (and later revived as Corrupted Vor).

Outside the Quest/Event it being shown in? Worm being the Queen saying anything at all during Kuva missions seems to indicate that we actually killed the other. Or she dies, due to not being able to use the Tenno for Continuity. That does pretty much seem like it. Nothing likes to reference anything else in the game, perhaps for these purposes. That way it can maintain this ambiguity on the whole time line of events. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

How long ago was this? I've been playing for years and never heard of this.

19 hours ago, Gentleman_Bird said:

So basically, there is no way for a new player to understand what the #*!% is happening with Alad V anything unless they check the wiki?

With only a slight alternation, this now summarizes Warframe as a whole.

I like to think that the Tenno move through the multiverse, killing the same people over and over again. I mean you can always rebuild/clone some bosses, but just how often would Frohd fall for the same trick in the Ambulas assasination mission? Even Lotus seems to be unaware of this, I mean how often can she be suprised and ask herself what Kuva Siphons do and how to disable them?

I think the current Alad V is just one from a reality that got to live a little bit longer than the millions of him we killed before.

20 hours ago, (XB1)Erudite Prime said:

If DE actually made this part of the proper story, Warframe might become a real video game

I was here for all of that so it was part of the story as far as my game was concerned.

Edited by SilentMobius

On 2019-05-24 at 8:52 PM, Gentleman_Bird said:

So basically, there is no way for a new player to understand what the #*!% is happening with Alad V unless they check the wiki?

Yep. DE have said that they want to bring back all the old events as quests so everyone can understand the whole story.

Obviously that takes a lot of work to re-implement them as something completely different, so it's not really been happening.

On 2019-05-24 at 8:58 PM, Lutesque said:

As long as the loot you want drops... Who Cares ?

We care because we want Tyl Regor and his Tooooobmehn to survive for future events. Don't you want to hear more of Tyl Regor's manly voice echoing through the depths of Uranus?

15 hours ago, Im_a_Turtle said:

We care because we want Tyl Regor and his Tooooobmehn to survive for future events. Don't you want to hear more of Tyl Regor's manly voice echoing through the depths of Uranus?

LoL.... oh god no.... after farming Equinox for The 3rd Time I've had enough of him and Uranus....

Still need Tellirium though.