Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wukong rework first impressions

(PSN)RenovaKunumaru

29 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

there is a good percentage of the community that just buys the frame right out. So saying that “not enough people played Baruuk and Hildryn” is a flat out lie as there are more than enough people to give feedback on the frame. Heck there’s already over 200 comments on the Wisp feedback and it hasn’t even been a week since she’s been out.

I didn't lie. All I said was that there were LESS people who were able to give feedback and talk about the frame due to the heavy time gates on fortuna. time gates that killed out motivation. I'm not saying feedback is impossible or 80% of the players can't comment. I'm only saying that LESS feedback is available. Not none.

Edit: Looking back ok yes I did word that a bit poorly so sorry if you misunderstood. I did say not many, my bad. That was not my intention.

Edited by Violet_Xe
Edit:

5 hours ago, (PS4)RenovaKunumaru said:

You might end up broken and cynical like me since Zephyrs rework.

4 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

I think he's already broken and cynical. Look at how long they took to finally address Wukong. Only other person I can think of who is quite as broken might be Rahetalius 😛

Bingo, I'm very frustrated that it's taken 3 and a half years of asking for Wukong to finally get a mention.

5 hours ago, SkyBlueFox1 said:

I'm honestly baffled by the rework news because it feels like DE listened to the community who turned the frame into a meme, rather than the people who actually enjoy playing him. And the worst part is, I can see the mindset they were working with. He """fits the Wukong mythos""" better, and in some strange world he has his weird little niche of "the guy who makes clones of himself", meaning he actually fills... some sort of purpose. But given the rework doesn't solve any of his ability-synergy problems and removes the one thing that made him good, thus shooting whatever goal it was aiming for in the foot... well, it makes me want to drop the game. As if getting burnt out by grinding Nightwave wasn't hard enough.

I feel the same man. Rework even hasn't come out but i already thinking of funeral. It sucks even more if you have spent some coin on a character that you fell into. I hope DE will be very careful with the changes. I'd say even that deluxe skin would be enough lol than ''clone CORE ability''

Edited by SerjRozov

22 minutes ago, SerjRozov said:

I feel the same man. Rework even hasn't come out but i already thinking of funeral. It sucks even more if you have spent some coin on a character that you fell into. I hope DE will be very careful with the changes. I'd say even that deluxe skin would be enough lol than ''clone CORE ability''

Tossed Iron Jab out for a clone but kept the dog turd cloud walker instead of tossing it for clones lmao. Yeah not looking so good. 

Since DE wants to keep Cloud Walker, in addition to the speed increase and crit buff, I feel they need to improve visibility so the cloud doesn't make myself blind. It is also hard to see how big the cloud is and how many enemies are affected by it due to the way it is depicted visually to the user.

It would also be nice if they add a QoL instant-cloudwalker-break into melee attack or gun shot, if I tap E to attack an enemy or click to shoot while in cloudwalker. Something like Ivara's invisibility getting broken instantly when you shoot with a noisy gun or bullet jump - on her, that's a penalty. But on Wukong, since you are probably using cloudwalker for the crit buff, you want to make use of it as soon as possible instead of having some animation lag before being able to shoot or melee again.

Edited by Xepthrichros
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Xepthrichros said:

Since DE wants to keep Cloud Walker, in addition to the speed increase and crit buff, I feel they need to improve visibility so the cloud doesn't make myself blind. It is also hard to see how big the cloud is and how many enemies are affected by it due to the way it is depicted visually to the user.

It would also be nice if they add a QoL instant-cloudwalker-break into melee attack or gun shot, if I tap E to attack an enemy or click to shoot while in cloudwalker. Something like Ivara's invisibility getting broken instantly when you shoot with a noisy gun or bullet jump - on her, that's a penalty. But on Wukong, since you are probably using cloudwalker for the crit buff, you want to make use of it as soon as possible instead of having some animation lag before being able to shoot or melee again.

that's fine it's part of the lore. but not worthy of an ability slot. Beating the dead horse but it's best a passive trait. Which says alot when Iron Jab has way more versatility in comparison when done right. Can do all they want to it, it's still a lousy ability that won't get used.

This is actually so sad it's funny.

First ability was trash so they give ya a clone with (most likely bad AI).
Second ability was Wukong's bread and butter so OBVIOUSLY will be nerfed - it was to be expected and, if somehow people didn't see this coming, it just means you haven't been playing for long.
Third ability will depend on the buff and how faster the cloud is.
And the Fourth has always been trash, Impact was always crap but hey, at least the stance is no longer clunky as heck.

Will this rework be good? Still early to say but so far what seems is:
- Damage wise he gets no major improvement. The stick is still impact based and I'm sure they wouldn't make the cloud's buff overpowered:
- CC is out the window, he was never a CC frame;
- Survivability was reduced according to what Reb said here 

Soooo... yea. All 6-7 Wukong players are probably crying afraid of ending up in the same corner as Ember and Vauban.

I'm still wondering how they made Nezha what he is (tanky, good support if needs to be, good synergy) while Wukong - the Monkey King of chinese lore gets on the backburner like this just to say they touched him a bit...

But overrall I'm just disappointed that they, as usual, kill the one thing the frame is good at and make an excuse at the other abilities to try and make up for it. It's always the same - instead of leaving what's good as is and making the other stuff reach the same level, they just nerf the good stuff while making the rest shiny and call it "balance".

Hopefully this is just an exaggeration though ... but so far I'm glad I was never much of a Wukong player to begin with.

9 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

All 6-7 Wukong players are probably crying afraid of ending up in the same corner as Ember and Vauban.

Not really?

9 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

Damage wise he gets no major improvement

If you think he needs a damage buff, you don't know how to build him.

12 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

Second ability was Wukong's bread and butter so OBVIOUSLY will be nerfed - it was to be expected and, if somehow people didn't see this coming, it just means you haven't been playing for long.
And the Fourth has always been trash, Impact was always crap but hey, at least the stance is no longer clunky as heck.

Will this rework be good? Still early to say but so far what seems is:
- Damage wise he gets no major improvement. The stick is still impact based and I'm sure they wouldn't make the cloud's buff overpowered:
- CC is out the window, he was never a CC frame;
- Survivability was reduced according to what Reb said here 

Soooo... yea. All 6-7 Wukong players are probably crying afraid of ending up in the same corner as Ember and Vauban.

I'm still wondering how they made Nezha what he is (tanky, good support if needs to be, good synergy) while Wukong - the Monkey King of chinese lore gets on the backburner like this just to say they touched him a bit...

But overrall I'm just disappointed that they, as usual, kill the one thing the frame is good at and make an excuse at the other abilities to try and make up for it. It's always the same - instead of leaving what's good as is and making the other stuff reach the same level, they just nerf the good stuff while making the rest shiny and call it "balance".

Hopefully this is just an exaggeration though ... but so far I'm glad I was never much of a Wukong player to begin with.

how they made nezha what he is. one word. Pablo.

24 minutes ago, _Kiro said:

- First abilitiy could go either way tbh. Yes DE's AI is bad but things like equinox's duality augment function basically the same as wukong's new 1 and duality is a pretty good augment

- I agree his 2 should be changed

- I doubt theres anyway for them to make his 3 good, even if it moves faster than nova teleporting you're still a cloud

- His 4 built correctly puts out high damage red crits, they also didn't change the stance just how you pull of the combos which wasnt hard in the first place 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

Even though I don`t have an issue with his abilities atm, they should just let DE pablo take care of him.

According to his twitter Pablo is the one doing the rework

58 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

If you think he needs a damage buff, you don't know how to build him.

I don't think he needs a damage buff.

I merely stated he doesn't get any noticeable damage buff with this rework, never implied he needed one.

If anything Wukong needs his Defy ability to be left alone OR given the supposed buffs from his Cloudwalker every time Defy procs, some decent Synergy and better stats on his exalted weapon. THAT would make him better but so far the only good thing this rework has done was killing his 1.

Either way this is just my opinion.

Edited by _Kiro
edited for clarity
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

That's good to know, hopefully, he will listen to feedback and make him good. Btw what do you think of my ideas for wukong?

it's kinda eh tbh. 

Alot of ppl hate his Iron Jab, yet when i look at it can't help but sigh cause it's a good ability but how it's implemented was trash. Even more so when it didn't have a wide sweep to use on charge cast. 

Clouds in any form would feel better left to when his clones died/despawn. Them being affected by the Iron Jab/sweep would've allowed much more versatility in it. Even more so if he gets invis while in the clouds. Or jump ontop for a mobility and stealth increase. Clouds would even retain the stun on enemies in it. Beats being the cloud instead and it serves way more uses.

Cloud walker staying an ability instead of being replaced with clones and clone techs is an oof. 

Defy doesn't need anything as is except a fixed invul time, utility buffing and heavily dropping proc cap. Taunt on him makes no sense when the clones were for that.

His Stick grows massively when you do slam attacks o.e There's no real issues with how it grows otherwise. 2x combo and one or two slam attacks it gets lengthy.

I'll just link you mine in a dm or check on page 8 of this thread. 

43 minutes ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

His Stick grows massively when you do slam attacks o.e There's no real issues with how it grows otherwise. 2x combo and one or two slam attacks it gets lengthy.

Primal fury range caps at abt 4.5 meters which is a little bit more than what most good melee weapons start with. On top of that neither prime reach nor range mods can extend the cap. Doesn't get that lengthy.

2 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

I say this with much love and humour.

Yes, Renova, because you were such a sparkling, bright-eyed boi before it...

On the contrary, I was quite the optimist and enthusiast when I started.

Sure, there were moments when I got frustrated saying the same thing over and over about why Zephyr doesn't need flight and how she isn't a helicopter (that was hilarious), but the conversation was always directed to influence, persuade, and win over others. 

Now, I could care less about the feedback loop because I know the truth. It doesn't matter. That's why I have no issue not responding to people now when they say things that just make no sense. 

I'm honestly here because I'm hoping Monkey gets the rework he's been hoping for because of hate to see him end up like me. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Vexx757 said:

As for Wukong, here is what I would do to add to his abilities;

Why do I even bother reporting your posts for spam... You just keep doing it anyway.

Mods please.

1 hour ago, _Kiro said:

I merely stated he doesn't get any noticeable damage buff with this rework, never implied he needed one.

You do when you bemoan impact damage's capabilities and criticise the lack of damage buffs.

That heavily implies one is needed, and saying otherwise is kinda amusing.

33 minutes ago, toyetic said:

Primal fury range caps at abt 4.5 meters which is a little bit more than what most good melee weapons start with. On top of that neither prime reach nor range mods can extend the cap. Doesn't get that lengthy.

compared to that gif ofc not lmao. But saying it's short is madness.

Just now, (PS4)chibitonka said:

compared to that gif ofc not lmao. But saying it's short is madness.

Where did I mention the gif at all lmao. It is short compared to other melee weapons. This isn't even subjective lol. It's max length is a little larger than most good melee weapons at base, some even have more. And with primed reach on - which goes on literally every good melee build - most weapons that aren't fists or sparring weapons have much more range than it 

9 minutes ago, toyetic said:

Where did I mention the gif at all lmao. It is short compared to other melee weapons. This isn't even subjective lol. It's max length is a little larger than most good melee weapons at base, some even have more. And with primed reach on - which goes on literally every good melee build - most weapons that aren't fists or sparring weapons have much more range than it 

the gif regarding monkey's staff from china build. No srs Wukong player doesn't know about it. Everything short compared to that :P

Edited by (PS4)chibitonka

1 minute ago, (PS4)chibitonka said:

the gif regarding monkey's staff from china build. No srs Wukong player doesn't know about it.

I know about the gif. I'm saying the actual NA build's staff is short not the china one

10 hours ago, Violet_Xe said:

I wanna talk about this a bit. But these abilities have a saving grace.

Volt, his shock increases the shields damage. Looking at the ability itself isn't how you should judge an ability. it's ynergy with the kit should also be taken into account. Volt's first is better that Iron Jab.
Nekros has an incredible augment if you're in a tile and can't manage to spare the time to revive a team mate. it instantly revives someone. yes the damage sucks, however in a pinch it can be great. Yet there are better augments and nopt many nekros use the Soul Punch augment, but that being said, with the augment it allows nekros to do something to other warframe can do.
As for Chroma, ember, and valkyr, yeah iron jab beats those. those desperately need a touch up.

Ah, I had forgotten about Nekros's augment, my bad. As for volt I've never really used his shield too often outside eidolons so I sort of forgot about that too.