Jump to content
[DE]Rebecca

Thanks for watching Devstream #128!

Recommended Posts

I'm glad Sheldon is open to the idea of pets getting their own weapon slots like Moas/Sentinels.

Also, I was fairly surprised at how much New War stuff was teased this stream!

  • Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thank you for this really nice devstream ❤️

Specially the upcoming 2 Warframes seem really interesting!
"RunningMan", or in other words: Sonic
be9318fc27.jpg
(srsly, the Warframe has even sorta similar colours ^^')

And a Kirby Warframe, which was first shown on a Monitor in the background during a different Livestream from Steve!

Spoiler

d9bbca00b1.jpg&key=91a1bb4c77061fab8f993
Here a little bit closer:
8ccb68a230.jpg&key=09f258942c0544843f8fe
on the left side of the screenshot. Not on the right 😄 

4498fae2c9.jpg


And oh boy, new war stuff...Jupiter is here and I am already getting hyped for the next thing ^^'
Keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Fabpsi~

Edit:
Dear God, the picture from Kuez is even better xD (you need to scroll down a little bit to see his comment)

Edited by Fabpsi
~penguins
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Satisfied 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

That tileset looks so cool. Been waiting since you showed the concept a couple TennoCons ago 😄

Can't wait!

Edited by NightmareT12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for that jolly frame. 

Also, good luck with Tennocon. Last year was amazing. Can't wait again. ❤️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

rip to any possibility of warframe lore, which is...you know.....the name of your game? 

general world lore is good and all, I'm sure new war is gonna be awesome, but why should I care for new warframes? just for the sake of playing something new? 

Steve said thanks for anyone who might've bought the wisp bundle but....why should we buy it anyway? wisp means literally nothing besides a new set of abilities (and ASSessts) that I most definitely don't need. what makes me buy a frame on the spot is a good backstory behind it because I relate to it, understand where it came from, what it has gone through, it's importance to the world instead of it just existing or-as per garuda-found under a huge mushroom tree 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wukong rework has me concerned, guess we wait. Defy was the glue holding him together. Main concern the clone AI, poor survival tools with better DPS. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

rip to any possibility of warframe lore, which is...you know.....the name of your game? 

general world lore is good and all, I'm sure new war is gonna be awesome, but why should I care for new warframes? just for the sake of playing something new? 

Steve said thanks for anyone who might've bought the wisp bundle but....why should we buy it anyway? wisp means literally nothing besides a new set of abilities (and ASSessts) that I most definitely don't need. what makes me buy a frame on the spot is a good backstory behind it because I relate to it, understand where it came from, what it has gone through, it's importance to the world instead of it just existing or-as per garuda-found under a huge mushroom tree 

To be honest, I've never felt the need that each Warframe needed its own lore. Prime Trailers are a cool factor and I'd love to see them back, but it's mainly marketing and it's a bit different (just a snippet).

I very much preferred those Codex entries that would explore the rest of the world with the Warframe implication just being there (Mag, Rhino), and would choose that over a quest.

  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why should we buy Wisp bundle ? Too lazy to farm, haven't got time, only want to have taste of it, etc. At least that is my reason for buying Wisp Bundle. I don't see a problem having option to buy frame bundle, even without lore behind it. Not to mention new frame = new fashion to play with.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like how Steve made the comment about reworks. Don't make me laugh. You had the opportunity to do a full rework on Vauban when you released his Deluxe Skin, just like you are doing with Wukong, and failed to do so. That quick fix was an absolute joke. That one in particular is a bs excuse.

  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NightmareT12 said:

To be honest, I've never felt the need that each Warframe needed its own lore. Prime Trailers are a cool factor and I'd love to see them back, but it's mainly marketing and it's a bit different (just a snippet).

I very much preferred those Codex entries that would explore the rest of the world with the Warframe implication just being there (Mag, Rhino), and would choose that over a quest.

it's not necessarily a quest or trailer, anything is better than just 'under a mushroom tree'. for me, frames need lore, they're the main attraction of the game and you should need a better reason to play with them other than 'just because' 

I welcome any kind of lore, from a 'mini quest' to codex entries (without the crappy RNG journal thing, lore should never be RNG) with khora, before they botched how you get her that is...again, anything is better than something 

steve mentioned that they can go back to comics for wf lore and asked how we'd feel about it.....well, you have my vote anyways 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

it's not necessarily a quest or trailer, anything is better than just 'under a mushroom tree'. for me, frames need lore, they're the main attraction of the game and you should need a better reason to play with them other than 'just because' 

I welcome any kind of lore, from a 'mini quest' to codex entries (without the crappy RNG journal thing, lore should never be RNG) with khora, before they botched how you get her that is...again, anything is better than something 

steve mentioned that they can go back to comics for wf lore and asked how we'd feel about it.....well, you have my vote anyways 

Definitely comics are another territory they could use to explore this, but first they'd need to do a proper story bible or something. Or else, we'll have to go through another retcon 😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

2157925355-3-1.gif

can't wait for Turbo man! Hope it won't be hard to find 😉

Edited by Tromeo
editing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DE has remained radio silent about this 2019 New Player experience or what it will pertain, for seemingly no reason at all.

It feels ignored, out of frame, and not in development at all. The only thing presented as seemingly important, was more Warframe choices. 

Consumer confusion is not a great road to go down, and considering all the feedback previously stated about how the Market presents itself... 

It's only natural that your new players aren't all that enticed. They're probably not that into Warframe because the Market doesn't categorize the frames at all.

If changes are coming, then what are they?  Are they from repeating feedback topics that date back to 2016, or... what? What else could there possibly be for new players?

If the changes are the development of more "new and helpful" weapons, then it's likely that no new player would even have the slots for them anyways. 

Get out there and explain the reasoning for changes to "New Player" stuff, so that your new players can remain invested.

Don't just skip over discussing the subject because it's not all finalized.

That sort of attitude can be interpreted as either laziness, or an unfair avoidance for the sake of your veteran audience. 

When you say that the entire art team comes together to work on one area, it kinda makes you look... I don't know, rather lacking. 

Other companies who could potentially be considering to work with you might not be so impressed. As they say, studio size does matter.

Maybe not mention that next time to save some face?

Again, these are all just my opinions, no one needs to read into them or anything.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@[DE]Rebecca Please bring back quick melee. The new melee system is great, but quick melee was the backbone of the whole melee system, just a simple button for quick melee would be enough, pls consider bringing quick melee back. Thank you

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

looking forward for that jolly warframe.. reminded me of Quina from final fantasy ix..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...