Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Entitled Warframe players

Urthehmiel

This dude was complaining that he couldn't get his combo up high enough (Valkyr) because I was also killing enemies, imagine that! He then proceeded to try tell me to go and camp with the other two players so he could gain sole monopoly on kills saying; 'I don't relay (rely) on people, and never will' 😂😂😂

Despite trying to explain to him that he wouldn't be relying on people by letting others... y'know... play the gameand that he simply wants to do everything (spinning around the room) and is salty he didn't have the most kills he confirms saying 'yeah, cuz it's more fun'. I was pretty much at loss for words at this point, yet so many questions.

'why don't you play solo then?'

'why is your ego so sensitive?'

'Are you literally 10 years old?'

'How do you not see an issue with trying to dictate to people what they can and can't do for your own entertainment?'

Despite this he was pretty adamant and kept repeating himself. So I wished him happy hunting and left.

Warframe is literally the only co-op game I've played with entitled players like this. Not that it's the games fault,of course, but because it endorses power fantasy's for the wide  range of amazing abilities and how ridiculously strong any one frame can be; it's only inevitable for it harbor people like this. But it still amazes me when I see it.

Ya'll ever seen this S#&$?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

rule 1 : if not agreed to a strategy , anything goes 

We made the group to farm L4 axi relics. I joined with the assumption we were going to camp based on the frames chosen and requested. Then I saw the Valkyr and was confused. Asked if we were camping, and the guy in question said 'I'm not', and starts doing his thing. So, he expected everything else to camp while he got to enjoy himself for.... reasons

10 minutes ago, (PS4)The_Verethragna said:

Combo high enough?

You mean he was trying to unlock a Riven?

No, he was just mad he wasn't hitting enough enemies because we (me and one other guy) were also getting kills.

1 minute ago, Sepphoris said:

No, he was just mad he wasn't hitting enough enemies because we (me and one other guy) were also getting kills.

Yeah, just ignore them and play the game.  They aren't worth the amount of energy you've already spent on them.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

Its about player freedom. For either side. Ignore him, report if he's being overly toxic and offensive, and move on. Enjoy the game. That's what matters in the end. 

This is why I left. He kept moaning after I tried to explain to him he can't always get his own way. Didn't work and I was only going to get annoyed, so it is whatever.

1 minute ago, MagPrime said:

Yeah, just ignore them and play the game.  They aren't worth the amount of energy you've already spent on them.

Fair enough. Again this has only happened to me a couple of time so I was just pretty shocked by it.

Just now, Sepphoris said:

Fair enough. Again this has only happened to me a couple of time so I was just pretty shocked by it.

The little + symbol next to the "Quote" button allows you to grab multiple quotes and place them all in one response, FYI.

But, yeah, you're playing a F2P and running public.  It doesn't happen often but it does happen.  When I run into someone like that, I simply leave whenever the opportunity arises, drop them on ignore, and go back to doing my own thing.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Sepphoris said:

...assumption we were going to camp based on the frames chosen and requested. 

So was it a premade? Or just a PuG and you assumed everyone was on board with sewer camping?

If the former, then all bets are off. 

If the latter, then Valkyr isn't a bad choice, depending on mission type. If a survival, then she can activate O2 without much risk and can shoot as well as anyone. 

Frankly, sewer camping isn't what you'd call demanding below lvl100. One 'frame to enhance loot and some defensive abilities and you're good to go for a pretty long time. 

3 minutes ago, Test-995 said:

DE could add enemy spawn increase gear/settings and fix every problems like this.

Wasn't the issue. Besides there are mods to increase the amount of enemies spawning already.

4 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

So was it a premade? Or just a PuG and you assumed everyone was on board with sewer camping?

If the former, then all bets are off. 

If the latter, then Valkyr isn't a bad choice, depending on mission type. If a survival, then she can activate O2 without much risk and can shoot as well as anyone. 

Frankly, sewer camping isn't what you'd call demanding below lvl100. One 'frame to enhance loot and some defensive abilities and you're good to go for a pretty long time. 

Premade, but nothing was discussed. I'd just assumed from the Mesa and Nekros we'd be doing some form of camping. Wasn't mad that the other guy didn't want to.

I wasn't fussed about frame choice at all. I don't care about that stuff, so long as you can play it well enough then whatever. The issue was purely that he wanted to be the only person actually fighting. I was happy staying in the one room and doing the murder. 

25 minutes ago, (XB1)Thy Divinity said:

You need to get around more.  I think you'd be genuinely surprised.

Lol, it's not me that needs to get out more in this case then 😂

13 minutes ago, The_Mustachio said:

Maybe it’s because I don’t play public much these days, but I rarely run across all these toxic players I read about. Are these start-chat missions or alerts, maybe sorties? I’m so confused  

It's very rare for me, hence why I was so surprised by it

When I play defense missions (e.g. Mithra for those darn vaulted relics!), I usually play as Revenant. I can nuke the map by pressing '4'. But I usually exercise some restraint because I always wonder if other players might want a chance to kill some monsters to have some fun or blow off some steam. Or heck, even satisfy some obscure Nightwave daily achievement back when Nightwave was running... So I try not to do that too much... And it seems to work because instead of playing 1 round where at least 1 person leaves, everyone usually sticks around for the full 4 rounds. I am exercising consideration of other players enjoyment... I am trying to treat people the way I would want them to treat me.

I do observe in everyday life, Diablo 3, Warframe, etc... that this newer generation does not think this way. They are inconsiderate to others. People who do things without thinking of others are acting entitled. So much so, they are oblivious to their own entitled behavior... a sort of oblivious entitlement.

I don't think this other player reacted correctly OP (namely, just leave?), but maybe you acted like you're entitled to kill everything (oblivious entitlement)? It's like the guy that blasts music at 2am (without even realizing the problems with this) and then complaining that the neighbor feels entitled to peace... Well, it's an exaggerated analogy! Still... I am not perfect either. I used to nuke the map and then everyone playing with me would just leave after the first wave.

3 hours ago, Sepphoris said:

This dude was complaining that he couldn't get his combo up high enough (Valkyr) because I was also killing enemies, imagine that! He then proceeded to try tell me to go and camp with the other two players so he could gain sole monopoly on kills saying; 'I don't relay (rely) on people, and never will' 😂😂😂

Despite trying to explain to him that he wouldn't be relying on people by letting others... y'know... play the gameand that he simply wants to do everything (spinning around the room) and is salty he didn't have the most kills he confirms saying 'yeah, cuz it's more fun'. I was pretty much at loss for words at this point, yet so many questions.

'why don't you play solo then?'

'why is your ego so sensitive?'

'Are you literally 10 years old?'

'How do you not see an issue with trying to dictate to people what they can and can't do for your own entertainment?'

Despite this he was pretty adamant and kept repeating himself. So I wished him happy hunting and left.

Warframe is literally the only co-op game I've played with entitled players like this. Not that it's the games fault,of course, but because it endorses power fantasy's for the wide  range of amazing abilities and how ridiculously strong any one frame can be; it's only inevitable for it harbor people like this. But it still amazes me when I see it.

Ya'll ever seen this S#&$?

This is exactly why there are so many Mesa and Saryn mains. They all want to be top tier in damage and believe if they are not then they don't win the game. 

Thats why I make it my business to out dps a Mesa frame (the ones who only soley use 4 and use it every chance they get and never use there main/secondary) on any map just to rub it in their faces and with Inaros/Vauban to make it worst.

Its new generation and the meta is causing this. People need to understand having best dps doesn't mean you helped to complete the objective I wish they would learn this

• Like 2