Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ReReWork of Melee needed!?

Miustone

Hello Dear Warframe Players and DE People!

I'm here after playing for Weeks with the new Melee Style and i talked some Minutes ago to other Random Players about it. And we had the same Opinion:
"Melee needs to get Overworked again" and in the best Scenario very quickly since it brakes the Game somehow. To explain it, here is why...

First of all. I'm a huge fan of Excalibur and i'm using Umbra Excalibur many Times when i'm playing. I even remember how Excalibur was before his own Rework with the actual Abilities and i loved his new 4th Power the "Sword". It was awesome to be able to play with just a Melee Weapon and Excaliburs 4th and i was feeling like a real Ninja / Melee Combat Master. But with the Rework of Melee which happened a while ago changed it to feel bad. I can't use My Mouse for Melee anymore (Usually i holded F and used My Left Mouse Key to attack and the right for Channeling), i can't hold "F" to switch to Melee and if i only use a Melee on any Warframe do i always have to use My Keyboard to attack enemies. Blocking and Melee Channeling is a Pain now. If i press 4 on Excalibur and use the Right Mouse Key is My Energy continue to drain but i have a Shooting Weapon in My Hands? That doesn't feels right in any Way... Even the switch in the Settings for Melee is almost Useless. Would it be hard to make the new Melee Style Optional and to give us back the old Melee Style? I'm never against Updates and Changes from DE on Warframe but this One really pushs Me out of the Game after a short Time just because i can't fight like i did before this Changes. I'm playing since the Beta and i would really appreciate a response to this and hopefully also a quick fix for this "Issue" which other Players also seem to know. My English isn't the best but i hope some People will understand what i mean. I don't ask for a Update here, just for a Small Fix which ads a Toggle for the old Melee Style or something like that...

Anyways, thanks for this great Game and all the best for the coming/ongoing Development. I will take a break for now and stay tuned about Melee...

Best Regards,

A loyal Fan and Warframe Player!

Edited by Miustone

2 hours ago, Miustone said:

Would it be hard to make the new Melee Style Optional and to give us back the old Melee Style?

Yes. It would make it quite a bit harder for DE to get good data to make changes to what is there and to roll out the next phases of the system.

This was a breaking change and I cannot see a way they could go back without causing more problems.

vor 23 Stunden schrieb peterc3:

Yes. It would make it quite a bit harder for DE to get good data to make changes to what is there and to roll out the next phases of the system.

This was a breaking change and I cannot see a way they could go back without causing more problems.

Hmm alright, think ill go with Mesa Prime for now... Can't live without My Favourite Game :/ Just hoping for a big Melee Present soon!

All the Best,

Miu