Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People using the same warframe all the time

Meraki_h4ashes

41 minutes ago, Shang308 said:

Not just Trinity Prime at 17m exp, he also has a Banshee Prime at 29m exp, Mesa Prime at 21m exp, a Scoliac at 17m exp, a Vasto Prime at 12m exp, an Artax at 64m exp, Carrier at 65m exp(WITH 0 KILLS), and a collective 17m on just 2 other sentinel weapons, along with a Taxon at 10m exp.

It screams power leveling so much that it blew my ear drums.

I guess he's not against you maining just 3 frames, cause that would be 100% hypocritical, he's only against you using a SINGLE frame as your main, even though those Banshee and Mesa numbers show that he did just that at one point. You say you're not pushing ideals on others, yet you say that DE should nerf and/or buff other frames to push players off of those frames. You make no sense. And what's wrong with playing old content? I would rather play old content and stick with it if I know it's good rather than potentially glitchy new frames as you're suggesting. We may play them later when all the bugs are fixed, but you're attempting to make everyone go to new frames that we may not even LIKE. It's about finding the frames you enjoy, that's why we have so many frames to pick from, and we can stick with one as we wish. It's a video game, we will play it however we please.

So he was essentially carried through the game and by the sounds of it only served to EV from time to time at best. Anyone on Xbox is free to look at my in game profile and confirm what i'm about to claim but I have very extensive playtime with various frames and have not really played just one frame for the most part. sure I use a few choice frames now that I have played for 5 years because I have the game beat essentially and only seek to do stuff efficiently for the most part, but that is my choice to do so ya know? OP is just being petty is all.

Edited by (XB1)Zweimander
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

So he was essentially carried through the game and by the sounds of it only served to EV from time to time at best. Anyone on Xbox is free to look at my in game profile and confirm what i'm about to claim but I have very extensive playtime with various frames and have not really played just one frame for the most part. sure I use a few choice frames now that I have played for 5 years because I have the game beat essentially and only seek to do stuff efficiently for the most part, but that is my choice to so ya know? OP is just being petty is all.

Exactly! We mess around a bit with frames while initially leveling especially, and we figure out which ones we know we'll enjoy, then we put effort into them. Playing the ones you like for missions specifically tailored to their abilities isn't something he's used to since he's only played interceptions while power leveling, as it only takes a few rounds to max out a weapon or frame. Another thing I saw on his profile were that most of his weapons were left at ~500k exp, further proving that he was doing power level methods, and was able to leave exactly when the weapon got maxed. What's the point in attempting to persuade DE or the playerbase in changing frames to be like the Riven Disposition feature if you're not going to use other frames yourself? Besides, that's literally the system we have now, op frames get nerfed, and bad frames get buffed. I don't think he saw how Mesa was on release, all you had to do was hold down a button and you had full 360 degree range at 50 meters to hit enemies, there was no window like there is now. Banshee got nerfed as well with her Quake ability, and even Saryn. OP, If you're reading this, it's called balancing, no frame should be more op than the other in terms of brute strength as you're suggesting, the only time a frame should be better than another is when their abilities aren't made for that mission type, it's like putting Loki on a Defense vs a Frost. They're equal in their own fields, but they suck in the other's field.

Edited by Shang308
  • Like 4

They need to nerf down a whole bunch of frame powers, namely AOE cheeze and obtrusive powers. No disposition needed, just apply target caps, dmg caps, turn into cone from radial, LOS. WF is out of hand with the AOE cheeze and tryhards ruining low missions of newer players with it. Once a big chunk of players get one of the frames with the cheeze, their development in game skill generally ends right then and there. Bad for the game, bad for retention. Nerf down a bunch of powers and watch WF's retention skyrocket.

Edited by Buttaface

2 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

They need to nerf down a whole bunch of frame powers, namely AOE cheeze and obtrusive powers. No disposition needed, just apply target caps, dmg caps, turn into cone from radial, LOS. WF is out of hand with the AOE cheeze and tryhards ruining low missions with it.

Why do AoE powers in a horde killing game need to be toned down instead of embraced which is the proper thing to do an horde killers? These powers are what makes the game fun to play and just because you don't like to use them or hate them does not mean they need to be nerfed. Instead they should buff single target weapons and frame abilities to the point they can easily kill the bulkier targets and have better general use and are worth using. The nuclear approach is never the right way to go especially when the games balance could break the opposite direction if mass amounts of major nerfs just hit out of nowhere. Players should get to feel powerful for the time they put into builds and the mods to make the builds, Not punished because people like you want every enemy to take ages to kill.

• Like 2

Im a loki main. Been a loki main over 5 years. Will still be a loki main in the future. 

Reason? His playstyle suits mine. I have all the other frames and always default back to comfort. Theres nothing wrong with having a comfort pick whos your go to for all the things. 

Your arbitration buff sorta idea doesnt agree with me. We're already way too strong anyway and any negative modifiers you might think to add gor balance would just upset peoples builds. And probably just annoy people like me if say.. It was +300% str, -30% duration

• Like 1

hace 11 horas, gabriouchka dijo:

I love the game I have been playing with my friends a lot, but there is something that pisses me off. People are always using the same warframe. Nobody uses some support warframe or some buff warframe, it really breaks my will to play the game... and I want to propose an idea.

You should create something like a warframe disposition to buff and Nerf the warframe like every month or every 3 month, it will push people to try and use and masters some new warframe, it will push people to discover some new ways to play but more than that, it will make everyone's game more interesting.

People are only using the new warframe to get some Mastery rank xp and they will never use it again... Baruuk was released in December and already nobody uses it, which is a shame since he is so different and interesting to play. 

Please let me know about what you think, don't be rude, don't insult me, and yes I'm not really productive on the forums, but I still love the games... 

Nobody use ut baruuk because for his desing is simple useless same as a lot of othet frames ... its not something you can fix with stats or disposition .

• Like 1

10 часов назад, MagPrime сказал:

Sooooo, I don't normally do this but, I checked your in game profile and your most used Warframe is Trinity Prime at 44% (17mil xp, less than 500 kills).  Your in game hours is 217, you're MR14.

Your profile is screaming power leveled, especially since you have the 'frames you get from doing high level content and almost none of the ones you get from low level content, and you have millions of xp on support 'frames that are perfect for leeching.

Seriously? You know, Trinity is support frame and she SUPPOSED to be leecher and be pleveled. Even DE admit that and deleted self damage+link (when Trin was overwhelming in ESO), having said that she supposed to be support, not anihilator.

57 minutes ago, AnarchyChan said:

Seriously? You know, Trinity is support frame and she SUPPOSED to be leecher and be pleveled. Even DE admit that and deleted self damage+link (when Trin was overwhelming in ESO), having said that she supposed to be support, not anihilator.

Read again what she said, and then reread what OP is complaining about.  Then you should see her point and the hypocrisy of OP.  

I get where you're coming from but overall your idea needs to be more detailed because the way its worded sounds like you want warframes that people use to be nerfed simply because they use it too much that's unfair to players who use the same warframe bc they find it fun or it fits their playstyle this idea will lead to unnecessary changes and will result in an infinite loop of players constantly switching warframes and forcing them to play warframes they don't like this idea will result in players leaving warframe and will make new players grind for warframes only for them to become useless its unsustainable and will only hurt the game 

12 hours ago, (XB1)Zweimander said:

Why do AoE powers in a horde killing game need to be toned down instead of embraced which is the proper thing to do an horde killers?

Because a game that consists of pressing one or two buttons on a keyboard or a controller over and over while the rest of the supposedly "cooperative" teammates stand around and pick their noses isn't much of a game.

Love the presumptions about what a horde game is supposed to be and what is "proper" in one, lulz. 

WF is currently tic tac toe in much of its content, and it shows in the terribadness of a very large portion of the player base. Somewhere between the droolcup WF is currently and a leet hard tactical team game is a good balance for a better game than the AOE cheeze status quo.

Edited by Buttaface

I guess i need to explain some stuff, wasn't expecting it to blow like that.

I used Trinity a lot since I got her from twitch prime until mr9 or something like that, I used her as my main when I wasn't understanding anything about the game or even how to get other warframes, but no I wasn't getting carried, I'm not a C*** who stays in a match and wait for other people to do the stuff for me... One of you complained about my k/d with Trinity, Trinity is a support and is made to heal and give energy and I was almost only focusing on that. At that time my weapons weren't good enough (didn't had good mods) and i didn't understood how to upgrade them or what was endo and how to unlock it, since the beginning of the game I thought the purpose of the game was to finish the map and get to the last planets and finishing the main story. I know that it was a mistake and a lot of people told me that i have rushed the game which is true and it's my fault.

I don't play with anyone else except my friends who started at the same point as me and is mr21 for 500 hours and another friend who dropped the game at 45 hours... So no. i didn't get carried by anyone.

I have rushed some things because of my incomprehension of the game 

And no I don't want people to stop using their main or favourite frames and it's maybe my fault for not being able to use the best words to explain it (English isn't my main language)... it was just an idea to start a debate and I knew that it wasn't going to be well received.

And yes most of the weapons that I use, I dropped them really fast, I get bored really fast if I use the same thing over and over again. 

I use banshee and mesa a lot since I play a lot alone, they are my favourite frames for some solo runs.

I guess it's my fault for receiving this much hate. Didn't explain things correctly and I know that I'm not the perfect player. 

Edited by gabriouchka

5 hours ago, AnarchyChan said:

I...I can't tell if you're serious yourself here or not...Trinity wasn't "SUPPOSED" to be "power leveled and a leecher," as you even said, DE intended for her to be a support frame, meaning for her to feed health/energy to frames in a survival, or something that actually has an end goal. Fueling a roid raged Banshee or Equinox while sitting in one spot was definitely not what DE was going for, that's what the PLAYERBASE made of her. If you think all she's good for is sitting on a platform hitting her second ability, you're mistaken...have you ever run Eidolon Tricaps? Trinity is one of the key frames in those, or even a late game Derelict where all you get are Parasitic Eximus, or her Well of Life/Blessing in the new Deceptions on a Health Drain Conduit... she has way more use than you're making her out to have, and that's saddening to be honest.

Edited by Shang308
  • Like 4

We use the same frame because we like it.  We use the same frame because we only have three slots until we buy more.  We use the same frame because we still need focus for the schools.  We use the same frame because it is what we have leveld and because it works.

Though you aren't just talking about people that use just one frame.  You are also talking about how hordes of players stick to the same frame.  Before levels got tougher than ember's world on fire, you would enter missions with three ember's all the time.  You can find missions with a couple saryn's pretty frequently.  You can group up with only chroma's and Rhinos all the time.  Some frames truly are easier for masses of players to use and just stroll through everything.  It might not hurt to find some features to encourage using alternative frames.

A disposition that may leave a frame temporarily weakened is not a great idea.  Maybe setting up some synergies.  Something like Rhino can boost health and armor of several frames other than Rhino.  Volt could improve melee speed and reload speed for several frames other than volts.  (I dislike volt speed on all issues, but as a passive these bonuses would be nice)  But lesser used frames could provide some other bonuses.  Nyx could provide some absorption bonus where damage done provides additional protection against attacks for other frames.  Ash could boost melee damage.  There are probably a few options that could work well and would encourage people to stop overlapping frames.

Of course there would have to be matchmaking options to limit getting duplicate frames in a mission.

21 hours ago, (PS4)xX-SaBoTaGe-Xx- said:

Are you sure about that.Many players play  again this warframe because they know is the best tank.Now with this rework i'm pretty sure they sell it.

Best tank is someone who does something other than being a bullet sponge. 

And before you say "But endgame..." Wukong made top 5 worst endgame frame in Life of Rio's video last year. 

Edited by Warhydra

I understand that you want different frames being used in mission for certain roles but, the thing that makes this game good is from the choices it gives for players. There are many frames that players can choose from and that helps give creativity to the game. If players were to only play frame that plays the roles you want, then the game wouldn't be enjoyable anymore. I love seeing other frames being used for interest and I don't mind some use similar frames, doesn't really change my will to play. I too, sometimes feel like Warframe should have missions that require frames that suit certain roles but with the rework to frames, this isn't too possible.

1 minute ago, gabriouchka said:

I already do it 

So, what are you complaining about? Do you want to start joining in a pub squad of 4 supports? Public matchmaking is random, I've been thrown into squads of 2 Oberons and a Nezha just like I've been thrown into squads of three Saryns. If you don't like it, get a premade squad or play solo. Telling people they can't play what they like to play is selfish and contrary to the purpose of the game.

9 hours ago, AnarchyChan said:

Image result for the point .gif

I'll keep it simple;

• OP wants Warframe diversity within the community
  • OP has tens of millions of xp on like, 3 Warframes
  • OP doesn't doesn't even do what they want the rest of the community to do
  • OP wants to punish players for not doing what they don't even do by nerfing Warframes randomly (because Forma is easy to come by and we can derank mods, right?)
  • OP is being hypocritical for suggesting a system to enforce a standard that they don't even adhere to

That being said, you've fallen into a very similar trap.  What you view Trinity as is not what DE views her as, and you can tell that because at no point, in any way, do they say what you've said and you shouldn't expect people to share your view of said Warframe.

3 hours ago, Warhydra said:

Best tank is someone who does something other than being a bullet sponge. 

And before you say "But endgame..." Wukong made top 5 worst endgame frame in Life of Rio's video last year. 

That's why have iron jab(sonicor effect) and primal fury.Perfect combo with damage from execution(more damage with naramon route).

I think folk playing what they enjoy is ideal, and have no problem with that. I mean I have probably over 50% of my play as regular Oberon rather than my potentially Umbra Forma'd in the future Oberon prime. If someone wants to play Mag and they can successfully run the warframe on most missions, its not my place to tell them to play a different warframe.

• Like 1