Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

1 step forward, 2 steps back

inappropriatename5877

DE: New frame, reworked planet, new game mode, new lore stuff, new mods, new eidolon fight, new weapons

Also DE: "Fixed Chesa/Desecrate double dipping with Hydroid/Khora"
"Fixed"? Really? Is that what you call it? I understand your reasoning behind it, (in case people don't know, there was an exploit about the Silver Grove spectres that enabled players to get "too much" loot [which is stupid, since farming those spectres is one of the most tedious tasks but ok] ) but removing something players used to make grinding at least a bit bearable and not horrifically time consuming because of an isolated issue is like taking your whole house off the power grid to close the lights in one room. 

Please, reconsider reverting that "fix". Warframe is grindy enough as it is, and not all of us use resource boosters all the time. Either that, or increase the drop chances of loot, especially the rare resources. Players have relied on the Nekros/Pilfdroid setup for ages, and Khora is a great addition to that. Farming teams is the most efficient way to gather resources, especially the rare ones.

This was not a bug you 'fixed', this was a thing players were allowed to do for like 3-4 years, then you suddenly realize that it should not happen? Why? Your reasoning behind all this is weak, and you should make a post with an official statement as to why you though that this would be a good idea. Let me remind you once more that Warframe is a grindy game. There is no inherent problem with grinding, and we all do it. But you have straight up devalued the time and effort players put in this game by eliminating the only thing that makes the grind a bit more bearable.

Do not sweep this under the rug.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, inappropriatename5877 said:

DE: New frame, reworked planet, new game mode, new lore stuff, new mods, new eidolon fight, new weapons

Also DE: "Fixed Chesa/Desecrate double dipping with Hydroid/Khora"
"Fixed"? Really? Is that what you call it? I understand your reasoning behind it, (in case people don't know, there was an exploit about the Silver Grove spectres that enabled players to get "too much" loot [which is stupid, since farming those spectres is one of the most tedious tasks but ok] ) but removing something players used to make grinding at least a bit bearable and not horrifically time consuming because of an isolated issue is like taking your whole house off the power grid to close the lights in one room. 

Please, reconsider reverting that "fix". Warframe is grindy enough as it is, and not all of us use resource boosters all the time. Either that, or increase the drop chances of loot, especially the rare resources. Players have relied on the Nekros/Pilfdroid setup for ages, and Khora is a great addition to that. Farming teams is the most efficient way to gather resources, especially the rare ones.

This was not a bug you 'fixed', this was a thing players were allowed to do for like 3-4 years, then you suddenly realize that it should not happen? Why? Your reasoning behind all this is weak, and you should make a post with an official statement as to why you though that this would be a good idea. Let me remind you once more that Warframe is a grindy game. There is no inherent problem with grinding, and we all do it. But you have straight up devalued the time and effort players put in this game by eliminating the only thing that makes the grind a bit more bearable.

Do not sweep this under the rug.

We need talk about wukong?Now is more useless than before Ahah

Or is it that you just chose to focus on one bad thing and make a bid deal out of it, when tons of things are constantly improved all the time.

This is why most complaints are being reduced to entitlement. Because people tend to make flashy titles and blow things out of proportions out of personal frustration. Which lowers credibility on such complaints. When many are still very valid, even this one apart from the drama.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

Maybe DE doesn't consider the players who rely on things like this to be worth trying to keep as players. They can't put up any kind of meaningful barriers to y'all just instantly grinding out a pile of resources that invalidate any current or future content.

This is not worth fixing immediately until it presents a problem for content DE has just released or are about to release. DE is not obligated to fix all bugs regardless of difficulty or effect on the rest of the game when they are first known. The idea is insane.

14 minutes ago, inappropriatename5877 said:

But you have straight up devalued the time and effort players put in this game by eliminating the only thing that makes the grind a bit more bearable.

If you don't want to grind, stop playing a game that is entirely based on it. The only tolerable grind you seem to like is one that is instantly invalidated by a dedicated group of players sans boosters.

First I am a casual player that is not min max everything to the best numbers. But even I can see that this is not a good change (no it is not a fix). If you have to destroy the synergie of 3 Warframes for a single quest enemy or whatever (in a 4 player coop game where teamwork should be rewarded not punished) why not fix the root of the problem and not destroy it with everything around it. I love my Nekros and it feels good to help other people with some farming. Sometimes I see a Hydroid or Khora on my team and now I will just think to bad we have all these farm frames that have abilities and augments that DE themself make to farm better, but now its all so damm useless.

I can just think that its to promote boosters and direct plat buys cause the grind is getting more and bigger as times goes on. So I have decided not to buy boosters anymore like i did in the past when special weekends where going on. 

6 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

They can't put up any kind of meaningful barriers to y'all just instantly grinding out a pile of resources that invalidate any current or future content.

Wow imagine players liking the new content so much they are willing to spend time grinding the resources needed in order to enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

The only tolerable grind you seem to like is one that is instantly invalidated by a dedicated group of players sans boosters.

Warframe's grind is absolutely not invalidated at all, it is just made a tad bit easier.

Don't get me wrong here, I like whatever content DE puts out, and I do get hyped when something is being announced. I also like how they continuously try to fix stuff. Thing is, this issue was not a "bug" that surfaced recently, it was an almost core mechanic players used to help alleviate some of the grind, for like 3 years or so. You still need 20-30 minute long missions to get a good amount of resources (more if those resources are rare), but at least you could work with your teammates to achieve a very high level of efficiency. Now all this teamwork is diminished, and if those 3 frames are in the same team, each of them is now required to act alone, in order for the loot drops to be as optimal as possible. 

Let me say this again: Grinding in MMOs is to be expected, and not a huge issue if the gameplay is fun/engaging enough. But let's be real here, Warframe's gameplay can get absolutely repetitive at times. That is the time when you just sit back, have a podcast playing in the background, and focus like 3 of your brain cells on farming. That is perfectly fine, and I do enjoy it. However, I like my rewards to be proportionate to the time I invest in the game, and for the most time, I feel that they are. Taking away the only way of making the grind a bit less time consuming is not a great choice though. 

Edited by inappropriatename5877