Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endless lagging, despite having just upgraded...

Labyrinth_II

Question

I'm rather new to the Warframe forums, but I really don't know what to do here, so I hope this goes well...

Recently, my game has been giving in on me more and more often for less and less stress, and now I'm basically locked out of even getting to the login screen.
My game now has an infinitely loading title screen, and doesn't seem to get past the 66%-75% completion threshold.

Before that, I used to be able to run the game fine, but I would randomly get crashes in stressful situations-- Kuva Siphons, Eidolon hunts, et cetera...
More recently, my game crashed early on in missions and less stressful situations, like simply being in an open world environment, or even going 5 waves into a Defense.
Just before I made this post, my login information screen was very laggy and out of proportions to my screen resolution, and now I have an infinitely loading title screen.

I have verified and optimized my launcher several times to no avail, but each new verification and optimization seems to eat more and more of my memory power.
I got my computer checked by a mechanic, and aside from critiques about my dusty maintenance and cheap antiviruses, advised me to generally upgrade my computer.
With that, I ordered three new sticks of RAM for 32 gigabytes, and I'm waiting for the AMD Download Center to finish construction.
My computer's specs are also listed here:

Spoiler

Operating System: Windows 10
Processor: AMD FX 4350 4x-core processor (4.20 GHz)
Memory: 8GB (soon to be 32GB, waiting for my shipment to arrive)
Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Display Driver (i recognize there is lots of room for upgrades)
Storage: lots

I have also checked for junk files, overheating, dusting, and energy consumption. I'm all good.

Outside of what I can do, as in buying expensive upgrades as cheaply as possible, I'm at a loss of what I can do.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated dearly. Thanks in advance!

ADDENDUM:
I have just upgraded my PC with up to 32GB, but I have extreme lagging issues. This has not happened before.
What do I do?

Edited by Labyrinth_II
Addendum

13 answers to this question

30 minutes ago, Labyrinth_II said:

I'm rather new to the Warframe forums, but I really don't know what to do here, so I hope this goes well...

Recently, my game has been giving in on me more and more often for less and less stress, and now I'm basically locked out of even getting to the login screen.
My game now has an infinitely loading title screen, and doesn't seem to get past the 66%-75% completion threshold.

Before that, I used to be able to run the game fine, but I would randomly get crashes in stressful situations-- Kuva Siphons, Eidolon hunts, et cetera...
More recently, my game crashed early on in missions and less stressful situations, like simply being in an open world environment, or even going 5 waves into a Defense.
Just before I made this post, my login information screen was very laggy and out of proportions to my screen resolution, and now I have an infinitely loading title screen.

I have verified and optimized my launcher several times to no avail, but each new verification and optimization seems to eat more and more of my memory power.
I got my computer checked by a mechanic, and aside from critiques about my dusty maintenance and cheap antiviruses, advised me to generally upgrade my computer.
With that, I ordered three new sticks of RAM for 32 gigabytes, and I'm waiting for the AMD Download Center to finish construction.
My computer's specs are also listed here:

Hide contents

Operating System: Windows 10
Processor: AMD FX 4350 4x-core processor (4.20 GHz)
Memory: 8GB (soon to be 32GB, waiting for my shipment to arrive)
Graphics Card: Microsoft Basic Display Driver (i recognize there is lots of room for upgrades)
Storage: lots

I have also checked for junk files, overheating, dusting, and energy consumption. I'm all good.

Outside of what I can do, as in buying expensive upgrades as cheaply as possible, I'm at a loss of what I can do.
Any help or guidance would be appreciated dearly. Thanks in advance!

Can you check if your card is DirectX 10 capable? I’m not sure but that sounds like a possible cause.

42 minutes ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

Can you check if your card is DirectX 10 capable? I’m not sure but that sounds like a possible cause.

I have DirectX 12, but once again, I am aware that I could use an upgrade to my graphics card. I should look into it and buy a cost-effective one, I guess...

Update! I got my RAM shipment and just installed it, but it seems to do nothing that works too well.

I've managed to get past the Warframe loading screen, but I seem to be having extremely low framerates despite just upgrading. Maybe something else is wrong?
It's hard to describe. Even in the login screen, I have endless lagging issues. This hasn't happened before.

I'm at a loss. What do I do?

23 minutes ago, krc473 said:

I would say get a GPU. Maybe you have one, but what you put is a default ‘you don’t have one’ driver.

I guess I'll have to spend more money after all...

20 minutes ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Uh, when was the last time you had your hard drives defragged and/or SSDs optimized?

I'll be honest, the mechanic I talked to never said anything about this and I don't know what any of that means, but I'll look into it.

1 minute ago, Labyrinth_II said:

I guess I'll have to spend more money after all..

A working GPU of some sort is generally required. Your CPU doesn’t seem to have an integrated one. So I was assuming you had something. You should be able to get a cheap older one. Just make sure it is DX10+ compatible.

DE updated the Supported requirements a couple months ago. DX10+ and 64-bit OS are required now.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

A working GPU of some sort is generally required. Your CPU doesn’t seem to have an integrated one. So I was assuming you had something. You should be able to get a cheap older one. Just make sure it is DX10+ compatible.

The strange thing is, Warframe was working for me just a few weeks ago... I don't know how I got this far without one.
I'll look into getting one that hopefully isn't above 200 USD.

Edited by Labyrinth_II

1 minute ago, Labyrinth_II said:

The strange thing is, Warframe was working for me just a few weeks ago... I don't know how I got this far without one.

It could be that it was fine until Support for older systems stopped. Not supported doesn’t mean you instantly cannot use it. Over time you would expect it to stop working, which it did.

If gaming is the main use of your PC upgrading to 32 GB of RAM was a complete waste if you lack a proper GPU. 

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If gaming is the main use of your PC upgrading to 32 GB of RAM was a complete waste if you lack a proper GPU.

I guess that the mechanic I spoke to recommended more memory because that was his diagnostic.
I'll just look at some cheap graphics cards on AMD, I guess... Thanks for the advice!

10 hours ago, Labyrinth_II said:

I'll be honest, the mechanic I talked to never said anything about this

Then your computer tech, in my opinion, isn't doing their job properly

Think of your hard drive as a library, and each program as an annoying little brat who checks out the fifteen-part book series on toothbrushes then returns them to the wrong shelves. Defragmenting your hard drive is equal to a librarian going back and sorting the books into the correct order on the right shelf for the next time they're wanted.

In the case of an SSD, optimizing is the equivalent. (Do NOT defragment an SSD, it won't end well.)

Yea you need new graphic card, it's the most essential part of the computer you need if you want to game. And you don't need more than 8gb of RAM for basically any game since your GPU RAM will take a huge load of that also, and processor you also need, not better than some average quad core even duo core. Warframe in particular is mostly GPU dependent, rest is meeh, and this is only since they  started upgrading the graphics a lot.