Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Particle FX affecting Adaptive Exposure way too much

-Vert

I'm not sure how to explain this one, but Adaptive Exposure seems to be affected by particles a lot more than usual after some recent updates to maybe bloom and particle effects? This applies to areas outside of the Simulacrum also. Pretty much any amount of particles will instantly darken your screen sometimes.

This still seems to be an issue despite the hotfix that was supposed to fix the issue a while back. 

Edited by -Vert
  • Like 2

I've noticed a serious change in lighting at times too.  I mean serious drops in lumination where it's almost black for a few seconds and I can't see hardly anything then the light creeps back in.  It happens when playing Saryn quite a bit.  I haven't played with display settings to see if I can isolate which setting is causing this but I have most stuff turned on.  Really annoying and at times detrimental to my Warframe health when I can barely see for 5 seconds in a higher level mission.

• Like 2

you can turn off the high dynamic range setting above adaptive too to greatly reduce the effect (also prevents the odd color over-saturation of stacking effects), but this also makes the game look pretty bad :/ 

• 1 month later...

Annoying issue for me too. Has been since I started playing. Turning off Adaptive Exposure or HDR makes navigation menu turn god-awful white and areas like the simulacrum extremely dark... Also makes some warframe skill fx like frost's globe intensively white. I wonder when they are going to introduce a proper fix for this

Edited by Ruineric
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This was never hotfixed and causes me to have horrible headaches.  Turning off adaptive exposure makes the effect not happen, but then everything is too dark or too bright... There's no more middle ground.  Whatever y'all added in can you please just remove, it didn't used to be like this.  Now half the time I can't see anything.  I'd really like to play the game again without having to worry about headaches just from the effects.  To me THIS IS gamebreaking...

I really hope this gets fixed sooner rather than later. I was always bothered by the screen dimming, but its even worse now that i wanted to try out Nyx again and using Absorb basically completely blinds me. I then thought that i might as well turn adaptive exposure off to fix it, but that just makes it worse in another way, where everything is either way too bright or just dark.

It feels like i can't properly use specific frames or weapons with this and i have to choose my energy colors based purely around adaptive exposure.

Spoiler

unknown.pngunknown.png

Both of these pics are from the same spot, just one has the ability on.

Edited by Andrax17
Added some pics

omg i thought i am the only one with this problem. in addition, in extreme bright explosions the color of the center is kinda... inverted? for example, if you take the scourge with yellow energy color, and you look right into the projectile explosion from close range the center gets ...blue?! Oo

Edited by Drakistat

Yep, same. Can't even play Hydrolyst captures properly, all the explosions make it get so bright that the adaptive exposure makes everything dark and barely visible...

Here is a screenshot that I am sure is also related to the too-adaptive exposure system:

w13AsV6.jpg

Am 25.8.2019 um 10:41 schrieb Xonerix:

Yep, same. Can't even play Hydrolyst captures properly, all the explosions make it get so bright that the adaptive exposure makes everything dark and barely visible...

Here is a screenshot that I am sure is also related to the too-adaptive exposure system:

Unsichtbaren Inhalt anzeigen

w13AsV6.jpg

THATS what i meant! inverted colors! from blue to yellow, and white to black :o