Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New UI is worse

SQLOwns

Specifically the end mission relic UI.  I basically need 3 pieces of information.  Name of item, rarity, and number owned........I have to mouse over for 2 of those and rarity is a little line at the top.  This is definitely a downgrade from what we had before.  Please learn from MMOs from literally 20 years ago and clearly highlight rarity with a color.  I'm going to assume this is just an oversight and you're not trying to rip players off.  If you want to include ducat price, fine.  But those 3 pieces of information need to be prominently DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN.  BEFORE CONSOLES RECEIVE THIS UPDATE.  This should be obvious.

Thanks.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, SQLOwns said:

Specifically the end mission relic UI.  I basically need 3 pieces of information.  Name of item, rarity, and number owned........I have to mouse over for 2 of those and rarity is a little line at the top.  This is definitely a downgrade from what we had before.  Please learn from MMOs from literally 20 years ago and clearly highlight rarity with a color.  I'm going to assume this is just an oversight and you're not trying to rip players off.  If you want to include ducat price, fine.  But those 3 pieces of information need to be prominently DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN.  BEFORE CONSOLES RECEIVE THIS UPDATE.  This should be obvious.

Thanks.

The fact you still figured out how to get all the information you needed, means its working as intended.

This is a game intended for thinking adults (or at least 17+) and in case you hadn't noticed most of the UI customisation choices tend to be on the dark side. Its not meant to be all bright colours, like a kids' game.

It might not suit you personally, but I think it suits the game's aesthetic...and it works. Took me all of a couple of minutes to figure out how to tell the difference between relic refinements.

But your comments are pretty typical of the game's detractors...cuz like hovering your mouse over something is so hard... 

7 hours ago, FlusteredFerret said:

But your comments are pretty typical of the game's detractors...cuz like hovering your mouse over something is so hard... 

An UI change that does nothing more than to obscure necessary and previously easily seen information is simply a bad UI change.  Should they also make your hp only visible after the press of a button ? After all, a key is easy to press...

Edited by ___Grim___
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, SQLOwns said:

Thanks.

yea UI is worse
Also you in the future : can you add more new things?

Edited by IgnatiuSgaming

I can tell it's worse just by looking at people's screenshots without even using it. 

We need this in the feedback forum so they can change it ASAP or just reverting it to the original UI until they've come up with a more user-friendly interface.

i'd say watch paid de knights to come here and defend this change as well, but i guess im too late already. 

yes the new UI is a downgrade. it has less info than it used to. but knowing de its likely they will just ignore feedback cus they did like to hype their UI changes a lot, so better get used to it. 

The new UI for almost EVERYTHING except like the fight or extract screens for defense is a MASSIVE style over usefulness downgrade.

They look nice but give almost NO information easily, it's tons of wasted space to look pretty. Wasted space that could be used to easily and quickly convey information especially in instances of relics in endurance runs where it is an (small) race against the clock to pick a new relic. The UI for relics in endurance runs was already bad enough with me often just writing a small list of relics I want to use and leaving when that was exhausted since finding new relics took too long, but this new AI makes the out of game list I do even more of a necessity than before.

• Like 1