Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

0_The_F00l

Why doesn't ropalolyst drop eidolon shards or cores?

Recommended Posts

So it is a Sentient (and not an Eidolon as per details pointed out in the discussion below) ,

it has synovia that gets damaged and has the glass break sound that is associated with eidolons dropping cores, there are other Sentients at the last stage that drop intact cores as well. 

So why is there no actual drop from it? 

Is it because since it's a jupiter boss it need not follow the mechanics of eidolons? Or did they just forget to add it? 

I can accept lack of shard (giant electric /plasma torch burns it out/ Non eidolon sentients do not have shards) but some exceptional (or a bunch of intact) cores would be nice.

What do you guys think? (may start a feedback thread if players agree it should be present) 

 

Edits:

Accepted that the boss is a sentient and not technically an Eidolon, main topic changed to reflect the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

words

maybe because its very simple to kill once you get into the flow of it and would lead to very fast farming of cores?

they probably get fried also since you need to fire the giant space Tesla cannon to fully break it other wise he will heal and back to square one the sound may have been used for quick identification its immobile fire the death cannon 

dunno first though that came to my mind 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@seprent @--SeekNDstroy--

2 exceptional cores in 5 minutes (a little less than 4 if you super speed it) 

Teralyst gives 4 in just as much time. 

Do not agree with your "will be abused" statement, abused for what purpose? Please elaborate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So it is an eidolon (right? Or is my first statement wrong?) ,

it has synovia that gets damaged and has the glass break sound that is associated with eidolons dropping cores, there are other Sentients at the last stage that drop intact cores. 

So why is there no actual drop from it? 

Is it because since it's a jupiter boss it need not follow the mechanics of eidolons? Or did they just forget to add it? 

I can accept lack of shard (giant electric /plasma torch burns it out) but some exceptional cores would be nice. 

What do you guys think? (may start a feedback thread if players agree it should be present) 

1st off eidolons are like ghost like zombies mere fragments of sentients.

2nd Ropalolyst is just a sentient being not an eidolon.

3rd its just a star chart boss so you can obtain wisp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, (NSW)Katsuro said:

1st off eidolons are like ghost like zombies mere fragments of sentients.

2nd Ropalolyst is just a sentient being not an eidolon.

3rd its just a star chart boss so you can obtain wisp.

They upgraded the smaller Sentients you mostly fight on Lua to drop Intact Sentient Cores.  Because... Sentient.  So yes, it is a little odd that you don't even get the basic core from fighting it.  Vomvalysts drop those, Conculysts and Battalysts drop those.  I'm not sure if Decaying Sentients or Mimics do, but so far those only appear in story missions and basically don't drop anything to prevent just farming the story mission over and over.  (Or at least I'm pretty sure I saw something in the patch notes to that effect.)

It seems like it really should drop at least the basic Intact Sentient Core.  Ease of farming isn't really relevant for those, you can just walk around with a basic amp in the plains at night and zap the little ghost Sentients for those.  If you're actually fighting the Eidolons you apparently get hundreds of them.  For me, it's more about keeping the lore and loot drops consistent.  Right now the Giant Enemy Birb stands out because it's *missing* an item drop that most of the other Starchart Sentient enemies drops.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

@seprent @--SeekNDstroy--

2 exceptional cores in 5 minutes (a little less than 4 if you super speed it) 

Teralyst gives 4 in just as much time. 

Do not agree with your "will be abused" statement, abused for what purpose? Please elaborate. 

abused id say is a heavy word in the case of me since it was just a guess but a reason i think might be valid is the easier to kill and fairly fast to finish mission its in being open to use all the time might make it easier then hunting to grind rep since it be like a hour of day between nights so 2 every 5 minutes for the sake of simplicity. 

well ill leave my math open since im bad at it for the sake of simpler if needed corrections 60 / 5 = 12 runs a hour so 24 exceptionals in a hour and if i recall they are worth 500 standing each so that be 500 x 24 = 12k rep for playing giant bug zapper with the ropalolyst for a hour.  

my standing rep limit is 21k so i got over half my rep done in a hour of waiting for the time i actually go and hunt terry and friends 

abusable? maybe easier method of rep farming? most likely idk i dont grind quills standing so im probebly wrong somewhere in here so most my thoughts here are on guesses and my shoddy and strange memory. Ex: it takes 265 r5 cores to max a prime mod this is very outdated info but i remember it more clearly then how long is day in poe   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also felt disappointing that the ropa didn't even give sentient core, and chance for Eidolon shards. There is no real incentive to fight it more than wisp parts and nikana amalgam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because the flydolon didn't appear only 45 mins then need to wait hours.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

we didn't ask for a cheesy way to get those, but an additionnal way. a 25%~50% chance to get an eidolon shard, 2~4 sentient core, and 1~2 exceptionnal core would be welcomed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it might not have any sentient core inside it. The lysts on Lua and earth are ancient, it seems the Ropalolyst is a newer sentient created form parts of Natah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, seprent said:

abused id say is a heavy word in the case of me since it was just a guess but a reason i think might be valid is the easier to kill and fairly fast to finish mission its in being open to use all the time might make it easier then hunting to grind rep since it be like a hour of day between nights so 2 every 5 minutes for the sake of simplicity. 

well ill leave my math open since im bad at it for the sake of simpler if needed corrections 60 / 5 = 12 runs a hour so 24 exceptionals in a hour and if i recall they are worth 500 standing each so that be 500 x 24 = 12k rep for playing giant bug zapper with the ropalolyst for a hour.  

my standing rep limit is 21k so i got over half my rep done in a hour of waiting for the time i actually go and hunt terry and friends 

abusable? maybe easier method of rep farming? most likely idk i dont grind quills standing so im probebly wrong somewhere in here so most my thoughts here are on guesses and my shoddy and strange memory. Ex: it takes 265 r5 cores to max a prime mod this is very outdated info but i remember it more clearly then how long is day in poe   

 

2 hours ago, dEjAvU5566 said:

Because the flydolon didn't appear only 45 mins then need to wait hours.

Lets look at the Maths ,

Teralyst : if captured gives 4 exceptional + 1 flawless core

Gantulyst: If captured gives 6 Exceptional + 1 flawless cores

Hydrolyst: If captured give 6 Exceptional + 1 flawless core (at least , you actually get a lot lot more more)

so thats 16 exceptional and 3 flawless ,

5 captures are achievable last time i played them (i guess with the bounties being available in the plains it can be faster)

(16x500+3x1200)x5= 58K standing per night,

night is 45 minutes , day is 1 hour 1.75 hour effectively for above drops.

average per hour = 33.142 K standing

you also get tons of intact cores from the Vomvalyst and even more random cores from Hydrolyst capture which just raise the standing even more, 40K is quite possible.

the ropa (if it did drop 2 exceptional cores) is 4 minutes per run at fastest (i have only managed 5 minutes so far) , 15 possible runs = 30 exceptional cores = 15K standing per hour.

And lets face it there is no incentive to replay the ropa  fight once you get all the amalgam mods and wisp parts.

so i will disagree with your point of view.

59 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Because it might not have any sentient core inside it. The lysts on Lua and earth are ancient, it seems the Ropalolyst is a newer sentient created form parts of Natah.

This might be a good enough reason. but since there are already other sentients in the last stage and Lotus/natah does call it an ancient child i don't think its quite it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

So it is an eidolon (right? Or is my first statement wrong?) ,

No it's not, The update notes are mistaken, the codex is correct.

The Ropalolyst is a live sentient (fragment). "Eidolon" Means "spirit, ghost, undead" That designation is for the fragments of the dead sentient from the plains near Cetus (As per the codex)

  • Eidolon Vomvalyst
  • Eidolon Teralyst
  • Eidolon Gantulyst
  • Eidolon Hydroyst

Live Sentient Fragments are not "Eidolon"

  • Oculyst
  • Battalyst
  • Conculyst
  • Mimic
  • Ropalolyst

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess the lysts it spawns at the end can technically drop cores. I suppose they made it too trivial to justify adding much else onto it; it's a pretty weak boss. I mean, Terry's not really any good of a boss either, but it did seem like at least his health/shield values were set a lot higher.

it's also technically not an eidolon any more i guess, even if it was called one for most of development. Seems like it just sort of got shoved in here at random so now it's a random sentient whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SilentMobius said:

No it's not, The update notes are mistaken, the codex is correct.

The Ropalolyst is a live sentient (fragment). "Eidolon" Means "spirit, ghost, undead" That designation is for the fragments of the dead sentient from the plains near Cetus (As per the codex)

  • Eidolon Vomvalyst
  • Eidolon Teralyst
  • Eidolon Gantulyst
  • Eidolon Hydroyst

Live Sentient Fragments are not "Eidolon"

  • Oculyst
  • Battalyst
  • Conculyst
  • Mimic
  • Ropalolyst

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

doesn't really answer why it doesn't drop any cores though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Ok, thanks for clarifying.

doesn't really answer why it doesn't drop any cores though.

True, perhaps it should. I'm sure that DE will give that a thought when (for the most part) people have wisp and they revisit the drop tables for sustainability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

True, perhaps it should. I'm sure that DE will give that a thought when (for the most part) people have wisp and they revisit the drop tables for sustainability.

Probably , it took me 15 tries to get all the parts and mods and I was lucky enough to get a motus setup drop from one of the amalgams (pretty much the only usable good mod from the sets that's not an exilus),

I do not see myself returning to fight it at all unless there are better rewards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

This might be a good enough reason. but since there are already other sentients in the last stage and Lotus/natah does call it an ancient child i don't think its quite it.

Yeah it doesnt really add up. Well the other sentients in the fight are the ancient small ones we find on Lua and as we go through the quests, so from that PoV it could just be that this one is new. However, my understanding or interpretation is that the cores are actually their hearts/brains/vital organs/systems, so the ropalolyst should have them too.

Maybe they just fall off the platform and into the gassy void? O.o

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Maybe they just fall off the platform and into the gassy void? O.o

😞

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would certainly solve the existent rampant elitism in trying to get into a group to do eidolons, every time I see the LFG chat tab it's like seeing Job Ads where they ask years of experience...

Trying to raise the Quills rep like this is hard atm...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the Quills rep can be done doing terralyst with randos. "peaceful" 7min runs. What makes me to the Tridolon are the shards (I still have to max and unbind operator powers) and the arcanes.

I'd just like to have a way to get shards without waiting for the night, and it's frustrating to have a "-lyst" boss not even dropping cores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually it should drop Shards or at least cores, it not being an Eidolon makes no sense, because guess what, Eidolons are Sentients, they're a Type of Sentient. This is not the Halo Covenant where each thing is a Different Alien/Creature, they're all the same makeup just different iterations.

 

It doesn't go Eidolons to Sentients, it goes Sentients to Eidolons in the scheme of things, it should have shards and cores if the thing after drops it, the previous thing should drop the same thing if not better.

For example, The ProtoStalker doesn't have cores or anything because he's only been augmented by the Sentients. Everything that is a Sentient to begin with though Should have these things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2019-05-26 at 9:40 PM, -CM-Killer-931 said:

Actually it should drop Shards or at least cores, it not being an Eidolon makes no sense, because guess what, Eidolons are Sentients, they're a Type of Sentient. This is not the Halo Covenant where each thing is a Different Alien/Creature, they're all the same makeup just different iterations.

Eidolons are functionally Sci-Fi undead. 

In a fantasy setting if you need "Ichor of the undead" as a component you aren't going to get that from a non-undead human even though each undead was once a living human.

  • "Sentient cores" - Fine, It probably should have those
  • "Eidolon Shards" - No it shouldn't have those. Maybe something thing that can be used in a similar manner but not that specific drop.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SilentMobius said:

Eidolons are functionally Sci-Fi undead. 

In a fantasy setting if you need "Ichor of the undead" as a component you aren't going to get that from a non-undead human even though each undead was once a living human.

  • "Sentient cores" - Fine, It probably should have those
  • "Eidolon Shards" - No it shouldn't have those. Maybe something thing that can be used in a similar manner but not that specific drop.

 

Well we don't really have any non eidolon giant Sentients in the game other than the ropa for comparison. 

We aren't sure what the shards are, if they are exclusive to eidolons its fine, but I don't think there is any clear reason why shards are exclusive to eidolons (other than the current reason for this discussion). 

Also, I killed an undead hunter once (someone that hunts undead) and got undead ichor off of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...