Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone got good strategy or synergies warframe for playing Operations Merger Hostile

IgnatiuSgaming

I noticed to get gold trophy for clan,you need to score highest score
But I noticed something too if you go above 4k,amalgam (demolyst) is very tanky like a hell

so far I just know Khora and Harrow can stun them little longer but sometimes demolyst just showed up behind me and destroy console (yea Idk the name I called it some kind of console)

anyone got perfect strategy against this? I always stuck on 6k because demolyst pretty tanky especially moa with 4 legs

I think that's cause they changed how the Demolists spawn, instead of from a fixed point because eventually that gets predictable. Now they spawn at random locations within X distance of the console and sometimes it feels like because of the pathing sometimes that makes their actual travel time really short. 

I think Magnus Lockdown can temporarily stun them as well, not sure if it does any significant if any at all damage tho. Plus if there is anything around them which there is likely to be, it's probably going to latch/stun those instead of the Demolyst. 

I know my friends and I where going to 4k last night to get two of them the weapon sets. Which kinda tanked because at around 2.6-3kish the one random in our party started to hover over the exit. So we got continuous "1 Player is waiting for you at the objective" spam and occasionally a countdown to their extraction but they just kept not leaving. And then their thing was essentially "I'm trying to leave but it's not working", "The countdown hits zero and nothing happens" buuuut then they died a couple times and it magically worked around the time I was pretty sure they where out of revivies. Who knows tho, it could have just not been working? In the end the final Demolyst almost blew up the platform and we where essentially to the point where I don't know if we could have killed the next one, I'd downed but my friend barely managed to finish it off just before it exploded pushing us to 4017pts. 

Aaaaanyhow I guess the TL;DR to that little story is that the two times I've gottin to ~4k the whole team has just dipped so I've never really pushed past 4k either so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

the demolyst for each terminal always spawns in the same location.
in case there is confusion, let me elaborate:
Lets say you defend a terminal at location A, the next time a terminal spawns in that same location its demolyst will spawn in the same place as the last one.

So all you need to do is memorize where each the demolysts come from, and when you activate a terminal just absolutely BOOK iT in that direction and kill the demolyst right after it spawns, this immediately completes the defence of the terminal. You can reduce the defence time of each terminal to like 10 seconds at most this way.

BEWARE THOUGH, once you travel too far from the terminal the enemies in the area will focus on it so it will take a ton of damage, playing a defensive frame like frost/limbo/gara should mitigate this somewhat.

according to oreades, this changed... whoops

Edited by DeckChairVonBananaCamel

5 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

BEWARE THOUGH, once you travel too far from the terminal the enemies in the area will focus on it so it will take a ton of damage, playing a defensive frame like frost/limbo/gara should mitigate this somewhat.

What? I'll admit I haven't played a lot of the new game mode but aren't those terminals immortal? The HP bar that you see in the UI is the demolyst's HP not the terminal's.

Rhino or Chroma. I'd say Rhino preferably because he buffs every type of damage and he doesnt need any build up either. Chroma works, but if you happen to interact with a console that produces a nullifield it can get annoying, especially if you are ina  group with AoE frames since trash will be dead 24/7. With Rhino all you need is enough energy to cast Roar.

So preferable Rhino+Nova+Nezha+Mag if you want maximum damage buffs to take them down.

And atm, make sure to only have one console active at a time. If you pop 2 or more the sound from the bombers will bug out and you'll only hear the sound fromt he first. Making tracking them down and killing them much harder than it needs to be.

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Rhino or Chroma. I'd say Rhino preferably because he buffs every type of damage and he doesnt need any build up either. Chroma works, but if you happen to interact with a console that produces a nullifield it can get annoying, especially if you are ina  group with AoE frames since trash will be dead 24/7. With Rhino all you need is enough energy to cast Roar.

So preferable Rhino+Nova+Nezha+Mag if you want maximum damage buffs to take them down.

And atm, make sure to only have one console active at a time. If you pop 2 or more the sound from the bombers will bug out and you'll only hear the sound fromt he first. Making tracking them down and killing them much harder than it needs to be.

so slowva work against demolyst?

20 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

the demolyst for each terminal always spawns in the same location.
in case there is confusion, let me elaborate:
Lets say you defend a terminal at location A, the next time a terminal spawns in that same location its demolyst will spawn in the same place as the last one.

So all you need to do is memorize where each the demolysts come from, and when you activate a terminal just absolutely BOOK iT in that direction and kill the demolyst right after it spawns, this immediately completes the defence of the terminal. You can reduce the defence time of each terminal to like 10 seconds at most this way.

according to oreades, this changed... whoops

yea first time I play this mode,think like that
but spawn place become unpredictable and they didn't give you waypoint to the enemies make us hard to find them
and randomly they spawn behind us and waypoint didn't pop up

43 minutes ago, IgnatiuSgaming said:

I noticed to get gold trophy for clan,you need to score highest score
But I noticed something too if you go above 4k,amalgam (demolyst) is very tanky like a hell

so far I just know Khora and Harrow can stun them little longer but sometimes demolyst just showed up behind me and destroy console (yea Idk the name I called it some kind of console)

anyone got perfect strategy against this? I always stuck on 6k because demolyst pretty tanky especially moa with 4 legs

Ehh...Did you try Atlas Petrify, Sleep Arrows, Sleepuinox, or Capacitance Duration Volt? 

Limbo?

5 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Ehh...Did you try Atlas Petrify, Sleep Arrows, Sleepuinox, or Capacitance Duration Volt? 

Limbo?

I am not trying in yet because I still need to scan enemy and test it in simulacrum
Limbo doesn't work well especially against nullfier modifier console/terminal/or anything u called it
Atlas was good idea but doesn't work against Late enemies (lvl 100 above)
Volt,i see someone try it but demolyst become more immune than before
Sleep arrows good idea,but nullfier always the problem
Sleepuinox Idk about this

but your suggestion was good but my thread means is what is best synergies (means team composition)

Best comb: full damage and a Nezha.

Take Frames like Mirage, Rhino, Chroma and Harrow and combine that with a Nezha for Safeguard. You only need to Kill the demolysts, so there is no need to defend the console

I've been ignoring the terminals and rushing the source of "that beeping sound" with a "tanky frame of choice" and a status shotgun of choice and getting to 3-4k points no problemo. There ain't that many paths for the demolists to take so its mostly a matter of learning the map you are in and some patience. Also a secondary set to magnetic procs to deal with the stupid ammout of shields at later stages can be a blessing 😛

Cheers

Managed to get up to 7.7k with a couple clan-mates and a friend last night. 

Magus Lockdown and Exodia Epidemic work on the Demolysts to keep them in place. Focus on one conduit at a time on later rounds because Demolysts get pretty tanky and things can become hectic.

Our team comp was Equinox/Wisp/Mesa/Hildryn, will probably try again later tonight with a different comp after reading some comments in this thread.

Gotta get that gold somehow, good luck guys!

Edited by EquinoxPrime

4 hours ago, IgnatiuSgaming said:

so slowva work against demolyst?

Yep she should work to a point, but it is mostly the damage multiplier that you want. Simply start up a console, listen for the noise from the demo, go find it and kill it. Aslong as people dont touch several consoles at a time it should be fairly easy far up to locate and kill the demos long before they reach the objective.

The problem in most groups is that people are everywhere and not working together.

It is a bit iffy at times, but what I found works best is have a blinding ability(Excalibur, or Wisp, though I use Wisp) and use a Redeemer(Prime) Condition Overload build(For me, gas and magnetic). The blind makes them vulnerable to the 8x(?) stealth melee multiplier and all attacks turn yellow from the charge attacks of the weapon. You can usually two shot them, maybe three to four depending on if their nullifying pulse has bad timing. Early stages you can one shot them.

But it works really really well.

With a random pug of 4, we got Glaxion Vandal on our second attempt. Here's what we did!

Limitations:

• Conduit debuffs
  • Suicide bombing amalgam dudes are visible only within line-of-sight of anyone nearby (and nobody else!)
  • Those amalgam dudes are HARD to kill (and they adapt to damage types)

Here's how you win! Activate only ONE conduit at a time! Spread out across the map... Have a Frost/Gara put globe(s)/fortress around the conduit. Now there are consistent spawn patterns/areas where amalgam dudes appear. As soon as ANYONE sees the amalgal dude, mark them with waypoint (press 'g' with crosshairs lined up with amalgam dude... should see an '(!) Enemy' marker afterward!). Then EVERYONE needs to run to the amalgam dude and gun him down (bring snipers/opticor vandal/etc...). The Frost could also sometimes freeze the amalgam dude (so bring Frost?). They do not seem to be immune to some or all status effects! I also think Void damage resets their damage resistance but I'm not sure.

The key is Frost globes the conduit. Everyone spreads out to common amalgam dude spawn areas (far away from conduit!). First person who sees the guy marks him with WP. Everyone gangs up and kills him as the amalgam walks to the conduit to blow it up (if you can spot him with 50-60m, 4 people should be able to consistently gun him down before he reaches the conduit!). Mark with amalgam guy with waypoint (not everyone can see him on radar like you... only line-of-sight)!

USE ENEMY RADAR. Or Animal Instinct. Or Banshee.

Demolysts will show up on player maps with the "Kill Objective" icon, but only if they are under the player's enemy radar. Finding them early gives you more time to damage them. Communication is also incredibly important. A quick marking of the enemy (or even the area to approach) will save your conduits.

You can also listen for the Demolysts and follow the sound. They beep.

12 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Demolysts will show up on player maps with the "Kill Objective" icon, but only if they are under the player's enemy radar. Finding them early gives you more time to damage them. Communication is also incredibly important. A quick marking of the enemy (or even the area to approach) will save your conduits.

Only for you and only for line-of-sight. I had my Djinn with Primed Animal instinct and nobody but those in line-of-sight of the amalgam could see that big red marker on radar. Maybe that was a bug? We had to mark WP on the amalgal guy for everyone in the team to be able to find him.

EDIT:

Even for me personally, when the amalgam guy ran around a corner, he vanished off my radar (big red marker, poof)... despite the Primed Animal Instinct.

EDIT2:

Oh yeah, you're right about marking the enemy. I can't read apparently!

Edited by nslay

4 hours ago, SenorClipClop said:

You need to enter the room where demolyst there? if not,there is no mark on your map
I use Primed animal instinct or both kavat (smeeta and venari) cant find demolyst without roam

7 hours ago, EquinoxPrime said:

Our team comp was Equinox/Wisp/Mesa/Hildryn, will probably try again later tonight with a different comp after reading some comments in this thread.

Gotta get that gold somehow, good luck guys!

yea and please let me know
this is my clan goal right now to get gold,thanks you

7 hours ago, EquinoxPrime said:

Magus Lockdown and Exodia Epidemic work on the Demolysts to keep them in place.

they are like mini bosses,once they caught my that,next attempt will reduce durations somehow I still prefer khora at all but u need to spam 2

8 hours ago, Kyoresh said:

Take Frames like Mirage, Rhino, Chroma and Harrow and combine that with a Nezha for Safeguard. You only need to Kill the demolysts, so there is no need to defend the console

so going to full damage team? well I think same thing but when demolyst to close with console, instantly explode

Sound full damage team is the option right now, time to try Octavia,slowva,mag,rhino

To get a high score you need to activate the conduits simultaneously.

That means everyone on your team needs to be able to handle themselves, so every player should have:

1. magus lockdown or something similar
  2. high damage melee weapons (guns don't keep up at high levels)
  3. frames that can survive, preferably without powers, since demos will cancel them out while you're trying to melee them

There is that one cloaked demo which is a pain, and some tiles where the demos start too close to the conduits, that almost require you to restart if you want as high a score as possible.

It's true that demos only dispel powers in short bursts, so debuffs will work if you time them right, but frames with those powers are usually squishy and will die a ton later on.

2 hours ago, IgnatiuSgaming said:

going to full damage team? well I think same thing but when demolyst to close with console, instantly explode

ye, but having a defense team doesnt help

What weapon element would you say to use on them, viral? Radiation?

What gun or melee worked best for you guys? I used Catchmoon, but around 7.5k and 8k I couldnt kill it in time. also wisp ended up dying a lot.is there a soft cap in waves when they just get too tanky? Gram Prime did good but yea wisp got nailed by nullifier and then instakilled  at high levels.

Maybe nova and chroma all day would be a good comp.

Edited by Kalarual

Inaros and a decent melee weapon (5-forma Paracesis) worked for me and my clanmate when reaching 10k for that ghost-tier Gold trophy. Grace+Avenger arcanes, maybe should've gone double grace since I did die twice or so at the end. 

It DID get very hairy by 9k, since other two players I picked up at Recruiting died off around 7k with no revives, so it was just the two of us VS hordes. Oh, and you really want someone with a Temporal Blast (zenurik) on top of Magus lockdown. It DOES help. If I ever try to re-run it for whatever reason I probably won't take Paracesis, since it doesn't seem to be worth it and grab a Plague Zaw instead. 

Spoiler

XToHddo.jpg

With a random bunch of guys we did easily more than 4000 points and that's was my first attempt.  yes i did 80% of damage with inaros and a shaku but that's doesn't matter. Unfortunately i don't have a clan.

And if you wanna a tip just leve mesa and saryn at home...

Edited by bibmobello