Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp's abilities

Maka.Bones

Well, despite what people say she's pretty awesome. The negatives I've heard are basically that her kit isn't well put together and that her buff dispensers are stationary.

So it sounds like most people that complain focus too much on the ultimate and completely forget that if you build her for power you can buff your allies health to ludicrous levels for half a minute at a time with instant recharge forever and increase their movement and fire rate by crazy amounts, while simultaneously having both passive and active CC options, long duration regeneration to replenish that massive health pool everyone is running around with AND multiple fast movement abilities.

She can turn invisible, create decoys that double as teleportation beacons and ruin her enemies day with blind and a relatively massive damage vulnerability. Plus she can open gateways that siphon plasma of the system primary itself.

Metal AF; indeed.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Maka.Bones said:

Regarding everything you said: Yeeeeeesssssss!

Pls if her Deluxe ends up giving an inverted pentacle to shoot out a hellfire beam/torrent of evil spirits maybe I will agree more on this.

On 2019-05-27 at 10:43 PM, Datam4ss said:

Pls if her Deluxe ends up giving an inverted pentacle to shoot out a hellfire beam/torrent of evil spirits maybe I will agree more on this.

Be careful what you wish for... Though WTF do inverted pentagrams have to do with metal? That's more wiccan stuff. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

7 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

Be careful what you wish for... Though WTF do inverted pentagrams have to do with metal? That's more wiccan stuff. 

You haven't heard of black metal like Dimmu Borgir have you?

8 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

You haven't heard of black metal like Dimmu Borgir have you?

That's *one* band... I don't think one band constitutes the entirety of metal. So no, inverted pentagrans aren't exactly mandatory for something to be metal lol. Most bands night have some sort of suggestive symbolism, but they're not restricting themselves to any single thing. 

Edited by Maka.Bones

2 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

That's *one* band... I don't think one band constitutes the entirety of metal. So no, inverted pentagrans aren't exactly mandatory for something to be metal lol. Most bands night have some sort of suggestive symbolism, but they're not restricting themselves to any single thing. 

You asked what inverted pentagrams have to do with metal, not how it defined the whole genre or if it was mandatory. That being said, a lot of Black Metal uses Wiccan/Pagan symbolism, not just Dimmu Borgir (which is one of ... or rather used to be one of the better ones). The easiest way to make something obviously metal is to be "demonic" in general because of associations with well, Gothic visual, darkness, anger and edgy people, despite the musical form not having any necessity for such. The "visual" of metal that people see in their minds is hardly congruent with the music that is being made.

Hence, it can be said I was simply stating the common stereotype. Disney tropes like you find in Nightwish or all sorts of poetic stuff like in Insomnium's works aren't exactly very ... recognizable as metal in their thematic form. A bit like how people think metal is all "bad screaming and growling", when only a fraction of it involves such vocals (BTW nothing against Death Growl, especially the low kind, but I do have something against vocal fry and high screams).

I hope this clears up any misconception, but it appears my lame ass joke was taken too seriously. I should apologize for my juvenile writing.