Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Domestik aka Corpus Roomba is grotesquely overpriced.

MirageKnight

Seriously, 100 Plat for something no bigger than a Sentinel that does nothing but move around at random in your Orbiter / Dojo...when 75 Plat can buy you a Sentinel that actually does useful things for the player? From my point of view, 100p for a moving decoration is a rip-off and DE should be ashamed of themselves. The price should drop to at least half that, if not further, and players that have already paid for the Domestik should be refunded the difference.

Disclaimer: Yes I did want to buy the Domestik for my Orbiter when it was announced, because I do think it looks cool and would liven up the environment. However, I refuse to spend 100p on a decoration that moves around at random. It's a toy - and one you can't even play with I may add.

That said, lets not fool ourselves into thinking that the Domestik actually cleans anything, ok? Because it doesn't.

Players that can and do readily spend plat like it's water need not respond to this thread. Likewise, I couldn't care less if what I have to say here is unpopular with the "cool kids" around here.

Mods and Admins, if this Topic is not in the right place, my apologies. Feel free to move it.

Edited by MirageKnight
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Note: Players that can and do readily spend plat like it's water need not respond to this thread.

So what, a bulk of the playerbase?

I don't know about you, but I like having a clean ship to come back to. The buying price of 1.3 syandanas is a bargain if you ask me.

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

So what, a bulk of the playerbase?

I don't know about you, but I like having a clean ship to come back to. The buying price of 1.3 syandanas is a bargain if you ask me.

Its just a decor item, and doesnt do anything.

Also most People dont have thousands of plat to spend

7 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

Its just a decor item, and doesnt do anything.

Also most People dont have thousands of plat to spend

And several of the syandanas go for 100p and don't do anything. Most of the armor sets cost more than 100p and don't do anything. Deluxe skins are way more than 100p and don't do anything.

You're right; it's a cosmetic. Which means you don't need it. So complaining about the price, when it's right in line with loads of other higher-quality cosmetics, is just silly.

• Like 5

vor einer Stunde schrieb MirageKnight:

Seriously, 100 Plat for something no bigger than a Sentinel that does nothing but move around at random in your Orbiter / Dojo...when 75 Plat can buy you a Sentinel that actually does useful things for the player? From my point of view, that's a ripoff.

Every player has to decide for himself if something is worth the price. In the end, its just a cosmetic that does nothing like you said yourself, if you think its too much you can skip. That being said, i agree that the price is a little too high - compared to other "static" decorations which cost 20p a price of 40p for a moving decoration would be fine aswell.

Edit: Btw, the text decorations cost 35p - that is a lot already. I bought 2 for the dojo just to find out that you are limited to something like 30 characters or so 😅 And to top it all off, they also need like 30 capacity to place them...if you wanna call something a ripoff i would start there 😛

Edit²: And if no one buys the cosmetics, DE will notice - and then they will lower the price. But i doubt that will happen since it seems like everybody goes crazy about these vacuumcleaners xD

Edit³: Everybody seems to comment "you dont need to buy it" - that is completly true, but that doesnt mean that you are not allowed to say that something is overpriced and that saying this is automatically wrong. Even if something is optional, it can be overpriced.

Edit4: And who knows, maybe someday we can spawn them in mission like specters so they collect loot for us 😁

Edited by DreisterDino
  • Like 5

2 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

And several of the syandanas go for 100p and don't do anything. Most of the armor sets cost more than 100p and don't do anything. Deluxe skins are way more than 100p and don't do anything.

You're right; it's a cosmetic. Which means you don't need it. So complaining about the price, when it's right in line with loads of other higher-quality cosmetics, is just silly.

Skins, syandana etc. are used and Seen for the majority of your playtime and this vac-bot only in your ship, while youre afk

100p is like... less than an hour of grinding. If anything, it is more overpriced if you were to strictly buy plat with no discount. But if you are at least near the end or at the end of the game and still play the game, 100p is chump change. Unlike other cosmetics, this one is more than just a static object, it actually moves around and has an AI. Sure, that's pretty superficial but still somewhat justified for having more value than your typical decoration.

Also as others have said, you do not need the roomba. 

7 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

Quoting for emphasis.

PS, I don't spend plat like water, I spend it like oil.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XRosenkreuz said:

yeah this basically nails it. a smart person would buy things they need before cosmetics anyways so comparing it to thing that have a gameplay purpose really is kind of irrelevent.

27 minutes ago, Kyoresh said:

Skins, syandana etc. are used and Seen for the majority of your playtime and this vac-bot only in your ship, while youre afk

But how many people do you suppose actually care about how your gear looks? 

The only time you're likely to get any comments is if you're hanging out with friends in a relay or dojo.

As others have said, the domestik is a cosmetic item, therefore non-essential. People would be a lot more annoyed if they had to spend 100 plat on a weapon or some other important item.

2 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

But how many people do you suppose actually care about how your gear looks? 

The only time you're likely to get any comments is if you're hanging out with friends in a relay or dojo.

you get to see it. No one stays in the ship to look at a stupid robot

22 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

I have nothing to do with decorating, but even I agree that 100p is a #*!%ing cash grab from DE.. 

I know they gotta make a living but god damnit ..

it would be nice if they put the plat 40 instead, they just rolling around instead, I mean we don't even leave dirt on the ground and our floor is always specced clean. 

• Like 1

It's a little expensive, but you probably don't really need tons of them.  (Unless you're Quiet Shy and buying a hundred is worth it just for the joke.)  I thought just one was worth it for the ambience, and was pleasantly surprised to discover that the ship version sometimes projects a ^-^ face for added cuteness.  I guess it enjoys its new home.  🙂

35 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

It is a new AI. A lot more difficult - and costly - to make than most of what you've described, as well as more costly to put on their servers.

It's "AI" is probably just some sort of semi-randomized pathfinding routine. It doesn't cost them more than any other cosmetic to put it up for sale since all of it's "AI" is run on the host computer just like everything else in warframe.

If you look at the work on the art and animation side it's just a static object that uses basic animations to move around.

Requiring a bit of programming really doesn't make it any harder to make than other cosmetics.

3 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Seriously, 100 Plat for something no bigger than a Sentinel that does nothing but move around at random in your Orbiter / Dojo...when 75 Plat can buy you a Sentinel that actually does useful things for the player? From my point of view, that's a ripoff. The price should drop to at least half that, if not further, and players that have already paid for the Domestik should be refunded the difference.

Note: Players that can and do readily spend plat like it's water need not respond to this thread.

Mods and Admins, if this Topic is not in the right place, my apologies. Feel free to move it.

But, I'm gonna respond anyway.

Yeah, I bought one because I had the plat for it but I agree that it is overpriced.  

This kind of novelty item is usually much cheaper and/or brought by Baro for absurd amounts of credits, which is what should have happened. 

So, yes, I spent the plat but I wouldn't begrudge a change to the cost to make it a reasonable cost because that would be the appropriate thing to do. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rogunz said:

It's "AI" is probably just some sort of semi-randomized pathfinding routine. It doesn't cost them more than any other cosmetic to put it up for sale since all of it's "AI" is run on the host computer just like everything else in warframe.

If you look at the work on the art and animation side it's just a static object that uses basic animations to move around.

Requiring a bit of programming really doesn't make it any harder to make than other cosmetics.

It most likely does. By that logic, stuff like the Articula or Rivens wouldn't take up any more room, because they're only run on the player's computer, but they do. It's reasonable to assume this extends to the Roombas, if to a lesser extent. Everything is stored on DE's server at the end of the day as well.

Then again, I have no idea. That's just my best guess.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

It most likely does. By that logic, stuff like the Articula or Rivens wouldn't take up any more room, because they're only run on the player's computer, but they do. It's reasonable to assume this extends to the Roombas, if to a lesser extent. Everything is stored on DE's server at the end of the day as well.

Then again, I have no idea. That's just my best guess.

Rivens take up space in their database because every single one and is treated as a unique entitiy and has it's own values that have to be recorded.

I have no idea why Articula take 100 capacity, they should take a little bit more space because the pose is recorded but not 20x the amount.

Domestik drones only take 5 capacity which means they are probably being treated the same as any other static object and only their initial position is recorded.