Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Domestik aka Corpus Roomba is grotesquely overpriced.

MirageKnight

Interesting...

People that sell Prine parts and Rivens for hundreds or even thousands of plat have an issue with buying an item from the market for 100.

This is the reason PC is the testing ground for Consoles. We get discount coupons on the things you guys blow up over. Which makes none the sense as most of you get plat for having people sign up using your ref code, get discounts codes for plat, Discord bundles, Steam bundles, and all other types of things. Hek, I betcha most PC players are sitting in the thousands of plat and most spend it on things that they see as fun (QS & 1000 Vaub vids come to mind). Yet here is one item that is not even used in the actual game got people tossing tables like crazy.

Gotta say the Warframe community always makes me laugh over the things we get outraged over. Keep it up....I like having burst of laughter while out and about.

🍻

• Like 2

Are they overpriced? Probably. 

Do I care? not really. 

I have  NOTHING to spend my plat on. 

So probably gonna buy 4 and call it a day. Because if some of you Tenno saw my Orbiter. You'd realize that dropping 400p in decor ain't S#&$ to me. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

9 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Seriously, 100 Plat for something no bigger than a Sentinel that does nothing but move around at random in your Orbiter / Dojo...when 75 Plat can buy you a Sentinel that actually does useful things for the player? From my point of view, that's a ripoff. The price should drop to at least half that, if not further, and players that have already paid for the Domestik should be refunded the difference.

Note: Players that can and do readily spend plat like it's water need not respond to this thread.

Mods and Admins, if this Topic is not in the right place, my apologies. Feel free to move it.

And yet they are in DEMAND and bought by the dozen even though the SUPPLY is endless...

9 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

So what, a bulk of the playerbase?

I don't know about you, but I like having a clean ship to come back to. The buying price of 1.3 syandanas is a bargain if you ask me.

Your Orbiter was clean before the drone. They're stupidly overpriced. Completely agree with OP.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XRosenkreuz said:

And several of the syandanas go for 100p and don't do anything. Most of the armor sets cost more than 100p and don't do anything. Deluxe skins are way more than 100p and don't do anything.

You're right; it's a cosmetic. Which means you don't need it. So complaining about the price, when it's right in line with loads of other higher-quality cosmetics, is just silly.

Syandanas, armors and skins improve a person's experience of the game! You see your warframe all the time. You DON'T sit in your Orbiter all day long staring at some tiny little drone rove around. 100p for something that's only in my orbiter is ridiculous. 

3 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Do I care? not really. 

So probably gonna buy 4 and call it a day. Because if some of you Tenno saw my Orbiter. You'd realize that dropping 400p in decor ain't S#&$ to me. 

Or you could save plat for upcoming deluxe skins, potatoes or more tennogen since you're on console. 400p on drones is a complete waste! That's at least one deluxe bundle and a syandana.

I think the price is fine.

The target audience for this product is the veteran player who has nowhere to spend his plat, and just accumulates plat endlessly for no real reason. This cool expensive decoration is meant to be a plat sink for these people. I don't have any of them, but I think that if you don't have the crazy amounts of plat that these people have, you're doing it wrong.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Do I care? not really. 

EA would like a word with you if you're gonna throw money so randomly.

48 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

money

Plat is easily made. No real money needed. 

2 hours ago, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Or you could save plat for upcoming deluxe skins, potatoes or more tennogen since you're on console. 400p on drones is a complete waste! That's at least one deluxe bundle and a syandana.

True, except there really isn't anything in the pipe that I'm seeing I'd be interested in...shrugs...

2 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Plat is easily made. No real money needed. 

Yeah, because i'm sure many Partners spend a lot of time trading and not throwing money at the game so they can make their content.

• Like 1

you know what would be funny if these little tiny robots start rebelling the corpus and all the fraction because of majorities the time either they get destroyed or get kick by other fraction then it be the version of claptrap in his rebellion mode on that he try to murder all humans and now have these rumba domestik try to do the same thing except for making it funny concept for it tries to kill the player as it try to suck up the blood/dirt off your feet.

9 minutes ago, Ephemiel said:

Yeah, because i'm sure many Partners spend a lot of time trading and not throwing money at the game so they can make their content.

A cynical person might say that DE gifted QS those Roomba’s in order to create an advertisement video. 

But on topic - they’re probably a bit expensive but it’s an optional decoration with no impact on gameplay. So there’s little point complaining about the price. You either choose to buy one or don’t. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

Seriously, 100 Plat for something no bigger than a Sentinel that does nothing but move around at random in your Orbiter / Dojo...when 75 Plat can buy you a Sentinel that actually does useful things for the player? From my point of view, that's a ripoff. The price should drop to at least half that, if not further, and players that have already paid for the Domestik should be refunded the difference.

Note: Players that can and do readily spend plat like it's water need not respond to this thread.

Mods and Admins, if this Topic is not in the right place, my apologies. Feel free to move it.

I'd have paid 1000 plat for one and have spent much more on much less.  Game has to make money somehow.  They don't charge for much of anything.  I don't think $5 for the coolest ship decoration ever is unreasonable.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dirtysmile said:

I think it's a fair price for a purely aesthetic item. If you don't like it, don't buy it. It doesn't affect gameplay at all.

Alternatively, stop being poor 🙂

Spoiler

RageFace.jpg

to be fair there is a measure of price, should we bring out the unfair game that made the micro outrages prices?  Let us bring out fallout 76's over price

Spoiler

fallout-76-players-say-the-atom-shop-pri

This one is a lie and scam marketing due of didn't exactly tell that is really the original price which it just pops out as the way it is, also the emote is same common emote that you use in the gameplay.

maxresdefault.jpg

Then fallout 76 said its not pay win game oh wait they gone back their words and made "Repair Kits" for stole away money and also

maxresdefault.jpg

The Pay To Win Costume

If DE do this scam pretty much it will lose players within instance because well you are taking what is warframe that is made now, let us say if the dev take away the bp and force you to only buy the guns with plat only for it equals to pay to win game which the players will hate sticking with the braton, the bow, and low tier weapons because you only can pay with credits for imagining that way and how bad the game gets if that such happens.  Now imagine the decoration is 4x the prices now for is it ok the DE do such a thing which makes the rumba as 400 plat just for 1 rumba or either getting your favorite portrait is now super expensive, not only that it would crash the market of the riven mods which the players would charge the same way how the scam started with a player who flipping charge players 1k of plat of this 1 riven mod.  For the prices for the cleaner machine, I say the only worth of its half its price because of they are going make more different thing wondering around in your ship like the rodents in PoE or the one in Solaris which that is MONEY THERE!  Then we got those birds don't forget they are flying marketing money right there, then we got those annoying grineer's microphone speaker for also more money making, for another could roll in the braincase material decoration because why not more money making, more bobbleheads of all the NPC in the game, let me hit the mark of it, the orokin void key for that is gold right there for marketing skyrocket for decoration for it to make player's ship to be fancier as heck.

Don't ever say we are greedy for there are people who is way greedier then us, right now the budget is always set for people and its not like they have infinite money or have a money tree growing in their backyard.

Edited by ChaoticEdge

19 hours ago, TheBestNapkin said:

I am just gonna leave this here

So what's your point? That because she's popular and does arguably stupid things because she can, that it's perfectly ok for everyone to go out and copy what she does? God's Teeth, some of you players can be complete and utter sheep at times.

Shy is a **** poster with an opinionated, snarky, flippant, "up yours" attitude and question taste who does whatever she feels like doing. That should tell you something right there.

Now, to address some of the visible backlash here from various apologists, fans and white knights here:

Everyone's free to spend their plat however they want. You want to throw 100p (or more) at a moving decoration, I'm not going to stop your arguably foolish behavior, but you don't ever get to tell me or anyone else here that complaining about arguably unfair pricing is dumb and a waste of time. Take that demeaning, elitist attitude and throw it into a black hole.

Yes, it's a cosmetic, it's purely optional, and I don't have to buy it. I'm well aware of that. Conversely, I don't have to give DE 100p for an overpriced decoration that moves around and probably won't get to see most of the time. At least with a custom skin, i get to see my purchase in action most of the time, while I'm actually running missions. That's kinda what we play Warframe for. The combat. Not futzing around on your orbiter. On a side note, if you spend more time on your Orbiter than in the field...you might want to consider playing something else.

The argument that "you just want stuff for free" is flat out WRONG and nothing but a short-sighted strawman. My original post suggested that I'd be willing to pay up to half of what it costs right now...or did you people conveniently miss that part? Fine, I'll spell out. I'd be willing to pay 35 - 50p for a Domestik. Not more.

The argument that "100p is easy to get" is largely irrelevant. I'm not spending 100p on something that I feel isn't actually worth 100p, no matter much plat might be in my account. I could have 1 mil plat and I still wouldn't buy a Domestik, because unlike some people, I care about what I invest my plat in.

Finally, let's stop fooling ourselves into believing that Domestik actually cleans the floors, m'kay? Because it doesn't.

I'm out for now. Caveat Emptor y'all.

@MirageKnight Well if you are bothered by the cost of a simple decoration that moves around your orbiter, then dont buy it. simple as that.

Also, i WILL TELL YOU that unfair pricing is subjective to every individual. if you feel that is unfair to pay 100 plat for a space virtual roomba, then dont do it right? easy solution, is better than making yourself look like a total idiot that believes everything should be cheaper.

Good luck trying to convince DE to change the price, and if they do, im pretty sure it wont be because you asked them to do so.

But hey, since you are so bothered by it, maybe start asking someone to gift it to you right? xD

Now if you excuse me, i must go back to my orbiter and check on my roombas 🙂

I bought one because it was cute and I don't buy a lot of decorations. Altgough i thought it was a bit overpriced so I wouldn't complain about getting some plat back from that purchase. 

Not sure why anyone would complain about getting some plat back. Weirdos.

I spent 200 of my precious plats for two Domestik Drones and regretted it.

Unless you have enough plat to make a spectacular display of luxury, I would recommend not buying it.

It's a real disappointment when I return from a mission to find the one or two drones in some corner of the ship instead of a giant army of drones.

I should've spent 200 on a deluxe skin or something that I actually get to see when running missions.

Don't buy into the hype Tenno. Don't buy into it.

On 2019-05-26 at 11:37 PM, MirageKnight said:

So what's your point? That because she's popular and does arguably stupid things because she can, that it's perfectly ok for everyone to go out and copy what she does? God's Teeth, some of you players can be complete and utter sheep at times.

Shy is a **** poster with an opinionated, snarky, flippant, "up yours" attitude and question taste who does whatever she feels like doing. That should tell you something right there.

Now, to address some of the visible backlash here from various apologists, fans and white knights here:

Everyone's free to spend their plat however they want. You want to throw 100p (or more) at a moving decoration, I'm not going to stop your arguably foolish behavior, but you don't ever get to tell me or anyone else here that complaining about arguably unfair pricing is dumb and a waste of time. Take that demeaning, elitist attitude and throw it into a black hole.

Yes, it's a cosmetic, it's purely optional, and I don't have to buy it. I'm well aware of that. Conversely, I don't have to give DE 100p for an overpriced decoration that moves around and probably won't get to see most of the time. At least with a custom skin, i get to see my purchase in action most of the time, while I'm actually running missions. That's kinda what we play Warframe for. The combat. Not futzing around on your orbiter. On a side note, if you spend more time on your Orbiter than in the field...you might want to consider playing something else.

The argument that "you just want stuff for free" is flat out WRONG and nothing but a short-sighted strawman. My original post suggested that I'd be willing to pay up to half of what it costs right now...or did you people conveniently miss that part? Fine, I'll spell out. I'd be willing to pay 35 - 50p for a Domestik. Not more.

The argument that "100p is easy to get" is largely irrelevant. I'm not spending 100p on something that I feel isn't actually worth 100p, no matter much plat might be in my account. I could have 1 mil plat and I still wouldn't buy a Domestik, because unlike some people, I care about what I invest my plat in.

Finally, let's stop fooling ourselves into believing that Domestik actually cleans the floors, m'kay? Because it doesn't.

I'm out for now. Caveat Emptor y'all.

You do not want to pay 100p for the Roomba, and you think that the Roomba doesn't have an innate value of 100p. That is your call to make, and I respect that. However, I don't agree with your wider point that this pricing is somehow predatory or unethical. The sale of the Roomba doesn't involve any form of deception (buyers are not misled to think that it has any other function or capability than what is plain to see), coercion (it doesn't affect any of the core game mechanics to the point that not buying it would make the game significantly worse to play), or appeal to dependency (it's not some kind of lootbox or other pseudo-gambling device designed to exploit naturally addiction-prone people). In that case, it is a simple and straightforward value proposition: I think this Roomba is worth 100p. If you do too, then step right up. If not, then you're free to be on your way. This is the very essence of any economy, be it real or virtual.

If I were to walk past a shop and see a pair of shoes which has a design that I quite like, but is priced at $300, I'm allowed to think "wow, I'd only pay $30 for that, no thanks." I'm NOT allowed to march into the store, proclaim to all the patrons that they are being mistreated, then demand that the store owner reduce the price to something that you are personally agreeable to, and then refund the difference to everyone who has ever bought the shoes.

Again, the issue that so many people have with your comments isn't that you won't buy the Roomba at 100p, it's that you subsequently stood on a soapbox and proclaimed that nobody should be buying it at 100p, that it shouldn't be sold at 100p, that the fair and just thing would be to sell it at a lower price.

• Like 3