Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Domestik aka Corpus Roomba is grotesquely overpriced.

MirageKnight

On 2019-05-26 at 4:37 PM, MirageKnight said:

-snip-

Jesus christ, epitome of child throwing a salty tempter tantrum right here, and I don't often if ever say that.

You give me "Your art should be for cheap/free" vibes. The kind of people that don't understand how much time and effort goes into making something. This cosmetic is just that dude. It's a goddamn luxury item lmfao. If you don't wanna spend 100p on it? (Which IS easily made btw, no rl money spent) Don't buy it 😂

Also the part where you said 'even if I did have the plat' is bull. If you had the plat, you would have bought one. Don't kid yourself.

Edited by Numerikuu
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

Also the part where you said 'even if I did have the plat' is bull. If you had the plat, you would have bought one. Don't kid yourself.

I actually have the plat to buy one (many actually). I don't understand the fascination with them, but then again I had a cleaning robot RL and it was kinda S#&$ all the way till it spoiled of old age.

Don't see why they are worth 100 plat, no matter how you look at it. Could buy 10 argon crystal decorations for that 100 plat.

On 2019-05-25 at 9:47 PM, (XB1)RevenantRequiem said:

Syandanas, armors and skins improve a person's experience of the game! You see your warframe all the time. 

So you only ever play one frame and never play any others right?
And you only ever have skins and a few syandanas, right?
Because otherwise there are tons of skins and syandanas and armors that you simply won't see regularly.

Have any skins for a frame you don't play all the time?  Guess what: You get less usage out of those skins than you get from the domestik moving around your ship.
Have any syandanas that you don't equip often?  Guess what: You get less usage out of those syandanas than you get from the domestik moving around your ship.
Have any armors that you don't equip often?  Guess what: You get less usage out of those syandanas than you get from the domestik moving around your ship.
What about weapon skins?  Same thing....

At least with the domestik I can see it regardless of what frame or weapon I want to use.  And it does liven up the orbiter.
But don't kid yourself that your precious syandanas, armors, and skins improve your experience any more.  Especially when you probably have a pile of them that you never equip.

On 2019-05-26 at 9:37 AM, MirageKnight said:

Now, to address some of the visible backlash here from various apologists, fans and white knights here:

The reason you're getting backlash is your holier than thou  "all of you who bought this is stupid and wrong and DE is stupid and wrong and should lower the prices because I DEMAND IT!"
That's basically how your entire attitude and message comes off.
And its laughably stupid.

You don't like it.  We get it.
You think it should change.  We get it.
What we don't like is your attitude with demanding that DE lower the price as well as the general sense that you're insulting everyone who spent plat on the domestik drones.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Datam4ss said:

I actually have the plat to buy one (many actually). I don't understand the fascination with them, but then again I had a cleaning robot RL and it was kinda S#&$ all the way till it spoiled of old age.

Don't see why they are worth 100 plat, no matter how you look at it. Could buy 10 argon crystal decorations for that 100 plat.

You literally had a cleaning robot IRL, so of course you understand the fascination. It moves autonomously. Normal vacuums don't move on their own. Rocks or "crystals" just stay put unless you decide to move them. Pretty big difference. 

Anyways, it's just basic economics and personal preference. If players want the item and are willing to pay the price, it's fair. These type of topics are pointless.  

I am still hoping we can have the option to have more than one kubrow and kavat roaming the orbiter at the same time.  There are alot of possibilities having the companions interacting with each other.  That would be worth 100p imo. 

I will probably still buy the dyson of orbiter vacs despite the high price.

I would agree 100 plat would be very expensive if the only way to get plat was buying it with real life money. But on top of PC having the 75% discounts on plat, you can earn plat in game easily and early in the star chart, by simply selling prime parts (preferably from radshares) or corrupted mods.

• Like 2

Seems like DE saw an opportunity to push their pricing to the redline and they took it knowing people would still buy it either way. 

Should it have been less expensive, IMHO yeah but people will still buy it for the memes,

At this point the best you can hope for is "Well people already bought it for 100 plat and it wouldn't be fair to them if we lowered it so we're keeping it at 100p" and for it to maybe appear in the Darvo event store during some sort of seasonal discount whoozle. 

Edited by Oreades

I'm still pissed at the Ostron Rug bundle and total lack of Ostron Rugs for sale on Cetus despite the obvious Rug vendor camped out there.

Domestik overpriced.

And while we're at it, all those Sukshma (sp) decorations are awfully pricy and their scale is incredibly poorly communicated before purchase.

On 2019-05-25 at 2:43 PM, XRosenkreuz said:

And several of the syandanas go for 100p and don't do anything. Most of the armor sets cost more than 100p and don't do anything. Deluxe skins are way more than 100p and don't do anything.

You're right; it's a cosmetic. Which means you don't need it. So complaining about the price, when it's right in line with loads of other higher-quality cosmetics, is just silly.

Syandanas, armor sets, and skins all are brought along with you when you are playing the game in missions. In 99% of games cosmetics are supposed to be for showing off your fashion or strutting some awesome stuff to other players. Plus most cosmetics for your frame/operator are available for your own viewing more often then they are not.

The corpus roombas? They do nothing like that, sure you could bring your friends into your orbiter to show it off (idek if they appear for clients) but entering other peoples orbiters is such a rare occurance. You personally also don't see them too often since they only ever hang out in the orbiter. Would you breed or buy a Kubrow or Kavat if they were purely cosmetic animals that wandered around your orbiter? Maybe, but surely not at prices that match arcane energize. If you ARE thinking of doing so, it either means you're excessively rich or a poor spender of cash.

Now excuse me while I buy 2 Liters of air for 20 bucks.

Edited by birdobash

16 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

Because otherwise there are tons of skins and syandanas and armors that you simply won't see regularly.

Have any skins for a frame you don't play all the time?  Guess what: You get less usage out of those skins than you get from the domestik moving around your ship.
Have any syandanas that you don't equip often?  Guess what: You get less usage out of those syandanas than you get from the domestik moving around your ship.
Have any armors that you don't equip often?  Guess what: You get less usage out of those syandanas than you get from the domestik moving around your ship.

There is a huge flaw in this arguement of yours, the Roomba moving around in your ship, sure, is "technically" in use, but by that logic those syandanas and armor sets you're not wearing atm in the arsenal are also "in use". They both do absolutely nothing for you (roomba has nothing to clean, syandana sits in arsenal screen) but hey, they're totally in use because I can "see them" (roomba is on floor, syandana is on the arsenal screen).

Yet eventually the syandana if ever worn will have a MUCH larger monetary value than the roomba will ever have from scooting along the floor, as it is actually something cool to look at and is viewable by others. Saying you're getting usage out of the domestik roaming your orbiter is like saying you're getting usage out of that paper towel sitting on the perfectly clean floor, that for some reason cost $60, while that t-shirt in your wardrobe you rarely but still sometimes wear that cost $50 is not getting usage.

Also, most seperate pieces of armor cost less than 100 plat, syandanas begrudgingly but understandably cost more since they cover and detail a much larger section of your frame (literally the entire back and then some). Since 80%-90% of Warframe is spent staring at your frames back, it's quite clear why syandanas are as expensive as they are. Skins are in the same boat as they change or cover the ENTIRETY of your frame.

Armor sets, while more costly than the roomba are also understandable in pricing, as they're not just 1, but 3 seperate pieces of armor (counting the shoulder and leg pairs as 1 each).

What does a roomba do? You rarely see it even if it's always present, sure, you'll have the occasional giggle or smirk when it bumps into something and get seem to get out or wiggle weirdly, but those moments are SO few and far between and eventually it becomes so monotonous that you don't even realize it's there anymore.

11 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

You literally had a cleaning robot IRL, so of course you understand the fascination. It moves autonomously. Normal vacuums don't move on their own. Rocks or "crystals" just stay put unless you decide to move them. Pretty big difference. 

Anyways, it's just basic economics and personal preference. If players want the item and are willing to pay the price, it's fair. These type of topics are pointless.  

Come on man, it was my parents who bought it way back. I thought it did a pretty bad job at cleaning up all the dust.

The original topic has been done to death anyway.

On 2019-05-26 at 11:37 AM, MirageKnight said:

So what's your point? That because she's popular and does arguably stupid things because she can, that it's perfectly ok for everyone to go out and copy what she does? God's Teeth, some of you players can be complete and utter sheep at times.

Shy is a **** poster with an opinionated, snarky, flippant, "up yours" attitude and question taste who does whatever she feels like doing. That should tell you something right there.

Now, to address some of the visible backlash here from various apologists, fans and white knights here:

Everyone's free to spend their plat however they want. You want to throw 100p (or more) at a moving decoration, I'm not going to stop your arguably foolish behavior, but you don't ever get to tell me or anyone else here that complaining about arguably unfair pricing is dumb and a waste of time. Take that demeaning, elitist attitude and throw it into a black hole.

Yes, it's a cosmetic, it's purely optional, and I don't have to buy it. I'm well aware of that. Conversely, I don't have to give DE 100p for an overpriced decoration that moves around and probably won't get to see most of the time. At least with a custom skin, i get to see my purchase in action most of the time, while I'm actually running missions. That's kinda what we play Warframe for. The combat. Not futzing around on your orbiter. On a side note, if you spend more time on your Orbiter than in the field...you might want to consider playing something else.

The argument that "you just want stuff for free" is flat out WRONG and nothing but a short-sighted strawman. My original post suggested that I'd be willing to pay up to half of what it costs right now...or did you people conveniently miss that part? Fine, I'll spell out. I'd be willing to pay 35 - 50p for a Domestik. Not more.

The argument that "100p is easy to get" is largely irrelevant. I'm not spending 100p on something that I feel isn't actually worth 100p, no matter much plat might be in my account. I could have 1 mil plat and I still wouldn't buy a Domestik, because unlike some people, I care about what I invest my plat in.

Finally, let's stop fooling ourselves into believing that Domestik actually cleans the floors, m'kay? Because it doesn't.

I'm out for now. Caveat Emptor y'all.

So....wait for a coupon.  *rolls eyes*

Seriously, the audacity some people have to make such asinine demands...

Nothing DE ever does will please people like this!  They could give the ENTIRE game away for FREE and sti- oh wait 😛 Case in point.

I thought it was pretty expensive as well, but I'm not saying they should lower the price. When it was shown on streams, I had anticipated the price to be a bit less, and it was a small shock to see the price. I still bought one, reluctantly, but I do love this game and generally support DE.

That said, it should be noted that it was very strongly implied that once the update comes to consoles, they would be giving away a Domestik drone as a Twitch stream drop. So if you are truly unwilling to spend the plat, be patient and they will give you one in a future livestream.

Many people still haven't noticed how easy Warframe forum environment can ignite the trope of "Are you saying Warframe is a stupid game for stupid people?". 

Your complaint is futile btw because many people already bought it and DE still hasn't ever done a single large scale refund before. 

On 2019-05-29 at 5:01 AM, Tsukinoki said:

At least with the domestik I can see it regardless of what frame or weapon I want to use.  And it does liven up the orbiter.
But don't kid yourself that your precious syandanas, armors, and skins improve your experience any more.  Especially when you probably have a pile of them that you never equip.

You're wrong. I routinely vary what I play with and what I wear. No domestik drone is worth more than my syandanas, armor or skins. DE should be ashamed of how much these dumb little things cost.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-05-25 at 3:17 PM, FlusteredFerret said:

But how many people do you suppose actually care about how your gear looks? 

The only time you're likely to get any comments is if you're hanging out with friends in a relay or dojo.

As others have said, the domestik is a cosmetic item, therefore non-essential. People would be a lot more annoyed if they had to spend 100 plat on a weapon or some other important item.

Pretty much this. I really only notice other people's stuff if it a horrid abomination of fashion. If it's fine I dont even notice it.

On 2019-05-25 at 7:19 PM, Ephemiel said:

And yet they made a ton of money from it thanks to the Warframe Partners feeling the need to make a crappy meme video by buying hundreds of them.

Oh-OH No OH NO!!! You are RIGHT!  I - I JUST  clicked purchase AGAIN!

I CAN’T STOP MYSELF FROM FALLING FOR SUCH SUPREMELY POWERFUL, EVIL, PREDATORY TACTICS!!!

....🙄.  All the lulz 😂 

Oh, heeeey, look at all those beautiful, skinny, healthy, happy, young people drinking beer on TV.  

Time to go buy a case!!!

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

On 2019-05-25 at 7:19 PM, Ephemiel said:

And yet they made a ton of money from it thanks to the Warframe Partners feeling the need to make a crappy meme video by buying hundreds of them.

Quite shallow is currently actually holding a domestic fundraiser to buy 900 more lmao.

Edited by birdobash