Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

screen goes black when i attack / game is very dark after the update

LoneStruck

Question

anyone else notice this? the game overall seems very dark after the update
and when ever i attack my screen slowly goes dark as if i'm slowly closing my eyes then i have to stop attacking for a second for it to go to normal brightness
wadda heck man? any fix?

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, LoneStruck said:

and when ever i attack my screen slowly goes dark as if i'm slowly closing my eyes then i have to stop attacking for a second for it to go to normal brightness
wadda heck man? any fix?

I've seen this behaviour too, and I think it has to do with the emissive/energy changes in the latest update combined with the Adaptive Exposure setting in your Display options. It more or less seems like the game is simulating flash blindness due to weapon strike effects in your field of view.

FYI, I tried turning Adaptive Exposure off, and it seemed to break all the other colour settings, because nothing looked right in-game anymore. I've kinda accepted that I go slowly blind while hacking at everything around me when I go full melee.

15 hours ago, LoneStruck said:

Yep. Screen suddenly goes dark during clusterf*cks.

recently started playing regularly again and ive noticed this too. not by my own doing but i suspect its coming from the dual colors from some energy weapons. i saw this every time another player shot a dark purple/yellow blast in my line of sight and everything went dark for a few seconds. so not only is it annoying, but you can be trolled with it. havnt tried changing any settings yet, has anyone found a fix for this at all?