Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime Outfit

Raidakk

Well, I just would like to know what you guys think about Mag's Prime look. I am not a fan of it - because when I look at her face closely, it looks like it is unmasked, and to me it looks like she has only one eye and a wide mouth. The rest of the outfit is ok, however the head plays a major role in the character, and therefore I don't like it. It freaks me out. I would of expected something like this, if Mag was unmasked:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/179/b/d/warframe_mag_miku_by_toirekomoru-d6avled.jpg

What do you think?

People around here really like to see the Tenno as either really beautiful or handsome humans. To me, the more alien, the better. (Id freak out of Nekros would look like David Hasselhoff all of the sudden)

But yeah, the prime version is pretty funky and strange looking. Im not a huge fan, but I do see what appeals to it. Same with the Excal Prime, I was confused at first, but then I grew to it. These strange looks do make them look more high tech and scifi :)

People around here really like to see the Tenno as either really beautiful or handsome humans. To me, the more alien, the better. (Id freak out of Nekros would look like David Hasselhoff all of the sudden)

But yeah, the prime version is pretty funky and strange looking. Im not a huge fan, but I do see what appeals to it. Same with the Excal Prime, I was confused at first, but then I grew to it. These strange looks do make them look more high tech and scifi :)

Tenno arent aliens as far as we, the consumer, are concerned. DE has already stated that Hayden Tenno, a human from Dark Sector, was the first Tenno, thus at our best, we can consider them humans, just humans who use a warframe exoskeleton.

Tenno arent aliens as far as we, the consumer, are concerned. DE has already stated that Hayden Tenno, a human from Dark Sector, was the first Tenno, thus at our best, we can consider them humans, just humans who use a warframe exoskeleton.

I also heard that they do morph around their suits, so they are not the most basic person youd meet.

You know the guy in the pod which you need to protect in Defense? Thats how I would imagine an warframe pilot to be. Distinct human attributes, but still somehow "off". They are soldies afterall, not super models xD

It sucks if you ask me. Both Frost Prime and Excalibur Prime look better than their "normal" counterparts, whereas Mag Prime looks a lot worse than normal Mag. "Demented Cyclops" are the words my friend used to describe her, and I have to agree.

But not everyone feels that way, some people love the look.

It sucks if you ask me. Both Frost Prime and Excalibur Prime look better than their "normal" counterparts, whereas Mag Prime looks a lot worse than normal Mag. "Demented Cyclops" are the words my friend used to describe her, and I have to agree.

I think I have to agree as well.

Yeah, but Dark Sector was way before even the Orokin era. Who's to say what kind of changes humanity would undergo in the time that ensued, especially with the influence of the technocyte virus...

I also heard that they do morph around their suits, so they are not the most basic person youd meet.

You know the guy in the pod which you need to protect in Defense? Thats how I would imagine an warframe pilot to be. Distinct human attributes, but still somehow "off". They are soldies afterall, not super models xD

What if the cryopod contains an actual Warframe pilot, and our job is to protect him while his consciousness operates another Warframe on another mission? 

Me three. I love original mag for her smooth, featureless face. This is the kind of helmet which screams "SUPER ADVANCED SCI FI TECH" to me. Her alternate helmets looks like headset and I don't like them. The prime version looks like an insectoid demented cyclops and I don't like it.

But it's only personal taste afer all.

As for warframe pilots, I subscribe to the "posthuman" theory, where tennos are disembodied consciousness remotely operating bioartificial warframes.

What we humans consider to be beautiful and what they consider to be beautiful are 2 completely different things.

I agree that the strangeness is off setting but at the same time strangely recognizable.

Notice how the all have 1 eye so far? They are like majestic Cyclopes. Tenno as suppose to be crafted by beings that were descendants of human ish like beings.

Mag prime helmet looks like a miner's helmet.

That said, if I'm a posthuman disembodied consciousness that is headed into a serious fight, I would choose something better than human form.

Like say the stunlock-grineer-rollers. Just 3 times as big, and with a heavy weapon in a turret in the middle. Will have arms for manipulation, but won't be using them to fight. And with a couple thrusters to "jetpack" around when needed.

No seriously, having a human shape and hand-held wepaons I need to reload is dumb on any level.

Besides, I'm pretty sure Corpus lore and bosses talk about dissecting the warframe to remove the pilot inside.

EDIT: Oh crap. I found a video of Naked Nick (the old hostage, as said by SabreUr a few posts above)!

Edited by bobafetthotmail

Yeah, but Dark Sector was way before even the Orokin era. Who's to say what kind of changes humanity would undergo in the time that ensued, especially with the influence of the technocyte virus...

What if the cryopod contains an actual Warframe pilot, and our job is to protect him while his consciousness operates another Warframe on another mission? 

Also true is the fact that Hayden was also supposed to be 'an alternate timeline' or something of the sort, but still confirmed to be the first. Not sure what all that means, but yeah. And I could admit with the way humans are constantly changing in current society, that its not too far fetched that humans are actually orokins that just simply evolved to a degree we dont fully understand them as fundamental humans.. They might not look like humans, but they are. Or vice versa, where they arent humans, but look exactly like humans.

Until DE says otherwise though, through simple connections of concept, Hayden Tenno being human and the first Tenno, capable of controlling the Technocyte Virus, would mean that the rest of the Tenno are humans.

Also, the Cryopods ARE supposed to be holding Tennos and Warframe Pilots. Even in the lore, one of the Corpus bosses(Nef Anyo) is 'stealing Tenno cryopods holding dromant Warframes to sell for his own gains' and thus this leads to the conclusion that warframe cryopods, perhaps even the orokin cryopods, have stasis but living warframe pilots. Whether they are human or not is not confirmed, but simply the fact that they use a human placeholder for the time being.

Edited by MasterZalm

In my opinion Mag should wear her original helmet. It looks sc-fi enough to me. And I also think that Grineer (The decaying race of humans) are really ugly, so Tenno, really, should be very opposite to them.

Edited by alienwrath