Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Uninstalled warframe after 4 years

Altagraive

Ok first off this is not a hate topic. I'm not "quitting" or whatever, I'm taking a break. Like I did in what? 2013 to return 2 years later and find a new game.

I think it's time for me to take long break again. Every single decision DE made after Fortuna is directly against my tastes, opinions and preferences in video games in general and WF in particular.

It wasn't all white and fluffy before as well, but at least most problems were counter balanced by good parts.

But after "we all lift together" it just stopped lifting. Nightwave, orb bosses, hyldrin, new primes, outright predatory handling of unvaults, bad handling of tennogen content, etc etc

I still like old content, but literally zero of the new content is appealing to me. After seeing what gas city rework entailed and the new frames announced I decided to just uninstall the game after having it on my pc for 4 years straight.

I dunno, a lot of partners were coming with constructive critcisms and solution for months now, and yet game still goes downhill. For me at least. Everything feels wrong and I don't feel welcome to play anymore.

Maybe I'm in minority, WF never left steam top 10 played games for a day for the last 4 years, including during last year, so I guess I am.

I hope when I return someday I'll find just as amazing as I did in 2015.

Thanks for reading this, just needed to vent out I guess.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Altagraive said:

hyldrin

If you hate her I already understand and fully support your decision.

This ... Synthol promoting thing should not be allowed.

3 minutes ago, Altagraive said:

I dunno, a lot of partners were coming with constructive critcisms and solution for months now, and yet game still goes downhill. For me at least. Everything feels wrong and I don't feel welcome to play anymore.

A lot of partners are also complete morons who do nothing but make clickbait for views because their personality is about as interesting as a rock. 

5 minutes ago, Altagraive said:

Maybe I'm in minority, WF never left steam top 10 played games for a day for the last 4 years, including during last year, so I guess I am.

Yeah, pretty much counters your "game is still going downhill" statement right there. 

Honestly, I'm only commenting because this thread seems attention grabby. I'm not gonna try to convince you to stay, if you gotta take a break, take one. We all do it. But come on, it can be done quietly.

Please before you go away (too late?), Give your items of Prime and plat making to someone who you deem worthy to be host.

Cuz with you gone, it takes the stuff you have gathered away from being part of the game. Kinda like the Snap in MCMU....

Have a good journey with your life without Warframe on your PC and may you keep on finding things you enjoy and know what you do not like and take the proper measures there.

Cheers

9 minutes ago, Altagraive said:

Nightwave, orb bosses, hyldrin, new primes, outright predatory handling of unvaults, bad handling of tennogen content, etc etc 

May I ask for further insight on this? What do you think is wrong or not with this content and in which way would you like to see it turn?

Also I personally had this feeling pre Jovian Concord, but the Jupiter remaster is bigger than I even expected and left me pleasantly surprised, with all these hidden rooms and stuff. I feel the new enemy type is quite creative, the Ropalolyst is a start to make a proper boss battle (there's a few issues specially when you have top gear) and I find disruption quite more fun than I expected. Overall enjoying the new update.

I do have issues with how Nightwave is some sort of filling the place of a pseudo endgame, and how these incredibly big updates are taking more and more manpower while at the same time leaving the game without enough content and these huge gaps in between though. I would prefer if after the New War and Railjack are done, they could use a part of this new content to create proper endgame goals (Raids, Dark Sectors, etc.) instead of a new Plains, personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Altagraive said:

Ok first off this is not a hate topic. I'm not "quitting" or whatever, I'm taking a break. Like I did in what? 2013 to return 2 years later and find a new game.

I think it's time for me to take long break again. Every single decision DE made after Fortuna is directly against my tastes, opinions and preferences in video games in general and WF in particular.

It wasn't all white and fluffy before as well, but at least most problems were counter balanced by good parts.

But after "we all lift together" it just stopped lifting. Nightwave, orb bosses, hyldrin, new primes, outright predatory handling of unvaults, bad handling of tennogen content, etc etc

I still like old content, but literally zero of the new content is appealing to me. After seeing what gas city rework entailed and the new frames announced I decided to just uninstall the game after having it on my pc for 4 years straight.

I hope when I return someday I'll find just as amazing as I did in 2015.

Thanks for reading this, just needed to vent out I guess.

What has been wrong with any of that which I bolded?

What is wrong with Hildryn or the "fat frame"?

New Primes? Kinda vague wording.

Predatory handling of unvaults? Is this another accessory complaint?

Bad handling of tennogen content? Wut? Oh yes, such bad handling that some workshop creators get the chance to earn money from their work. What has been handled badly?

Nightwave and Orb bosses I can understand. I personally prefer nightwave over alerts and orbs are much more fun and visually appealing than the tedious vomitorium of flashy effects that the eidolons are. But not everyone has the same taste.

• Like 1

1 час назад, hackedraptor сказал:

did u buy wisp

That's actually another problem. Some content creators raised it already.

Returning players/veterans/those of us who grinded a lot in the past have NO benefits when new content comes out. These soft resets forcing us to grind from scratch for new frames and weapons are hugely discouraging and killing all desire to play and get these new items. Items themselves feeling like retreading and remixing of old frames don't help the issue.

1 час назад, NightmareT12 сказал:

May I ask for further insight on this? What do you think is wrong or not with this content and in which way would you like to see it turn?

Let me write it all down.

Nightwave.

A huge layer of additional grind on top of existing one. Yes warframe is online grinder, but it doesn't mean that effort/time put into grinding should not be proportional to the reward. Nightwave felt like a job where you getting paid pennies and is treated like a slave. Alerts were flawed, but were way way better.

Orb Bosses

Hiding a boss fight, which are a scarce entertainment in warframe in general, behind huge grind wall of daily rep caps is anti enticing

Outright predatory handling of unvaults

I'v brought it up here 

Band handling of tennogen

A huge number of fan favourite tennogent submission are not being accepted into the game for YEARS without any explanation. ION Cloak being prime example https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1592762689&searchtext=

• Like 1

Ah yes, that gong show of a thread. Thanks for reminding me of a laugh at how you basically threw a fit for a sugatra not being available and claimed it was predatory. 

The rest is purely subjective.

Edited by Sajochi
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, (PS4)Dishinshoryuken said:

Please before you go away (too late?), Give your items of Prime and plat making to someone.

Cuz with you gone, it takes the stuff you have gathered away from being part of the game.

do you want his account password too? you are not even on the same platform, he cant give them to you. he will have use for this items when he returns, why should he just throw away 4 years of hard work...

• Like 2

21 hours ago, --RV--Earth said:

do you want his account password too? you are not even on the same platform, he cant give them to you. he will have use for this items when he returns, why should he just throw away 4 years of hard work...

I don't want em....as you stated, I ain't even in the same system. But if he knows someone that is enjoying the game, might not have some items/plat like he does, he could be a good samaratin and hook them up. He doesn't have to give all or any....just something to do that people who leave should think of doing as they are taking all the stuff they farmed out of the game for the next few weeks/months/years/forever.

If he does not like the way the game is now and returns later after uploading the 200gb game it will be then....just to get on and say he doesn't like it, might as well give away what he is not going to be able to do anything with that was collecting digital dust.

But the game will be turned off by February 30, 2022 anyways....so his stuff will be gone.

One day we'll figure why people have to announce themselves leaving the game. Most people are just going to go "okay have no idea who you are and why i should care about one person leaving". 

On 2019-05-26 at 8:01 AM, Altagraive said:

No, alot of partners are burning themselves on the game cause all they do is warframe and don't bother with other games, so they interpret this as "ThE gAmE iS dYiNg" instead of i just burn myself out by forcing myself for content. Also always odd how those rants are around 10 mins the time that youtube lets you put more ads on a video hmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by (XB1)The Neko Otaku

18 minutes ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

One day we'll figure why people have to announce themselves leaving the game.

It's a condition known as SSS (Special Snowflake Syndrome). It presents with a delusional sense of self-importance or self-worth.

Sadly, there currently is no known cure. Intense sarcasm has been known to quell it slightly, with varying degrees of success.

2 hours ago, (PS4)abbacephas said:

Sadly, there currently is no known cure. Intense sarcasm has been known to quell it slightly, with varying degrees of success.

I hear that an archaic treatment for SSS includes an abundance of sarcastic, iconic moving images known as GIFs. 

9 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

I hear that an archaic treatment for SSS includes an abundance of sarcastic, iconic moving images known as GIFs. 

Oh Please, you had to go there with Cephy...Didn’t you.  DIDN’T YOU!!!!

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

1 hour ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

It's has yet to be proven but asking for the afflicted's stuff may also removes symptoms, many have claim such results but no evidance has been provided