Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Login Time Forfein

Unuseful

How hard is it to just have one password memorized, or at least stored somewhere safe, really? What baffles me is that he's not the only one. And behind most accounts to most services are important stuff to each of us. It's like not caring where you leave your home keys and complain you're homeless when you lose them.

As for the problem itself I assume there is a "password recovery" mechanic as in most services. Oter than that I can only think of submitting a ticket to DE and actually provide them details.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93

@(PS4)Hikuro-93 OP's probably talking about the blocking that happens if you're attempting to log on the same account with the wrong password too many times in a row.

If I'm right, I have no idea how much time his friend needs to wait. From standard rules I'd say from 5minutes to 1hour. Only DE and the ones who figured it out the hard way know.

As for what you're suggesting for passwords, it's about the worst thing one can do. One password for everything stored in a "safe" place or not is the best way to get all your accounts stolen if it gets revealed through database leaks. The more services you use it on, the more chances there's one which stores it in plain text, which could possibly get attacked and your password displayed somewhere on the web, be it dark or not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redeye said:

@(PS4)Hikuro-93 OP's probably talking about the blocking that happens if you're attempting to log on the same account with the wrong password too many times in a row.

If I'm right, I have no idea how much time his friend needs to wait. From standard rules I'd say from 5minutes to 1hour. Only DE and the ones who figured it out the hard way know.

As for what you're suggesting for passwords, it's about the worst thing one can do. One password for everything stored in a "safe" place or not is the best way to get all your accounts stolen if it gets revealed through database leaks. The more services you use it on, the more chances there's one which stores it in plain text, which could possibly get attacked and your password displayed somewhere on the web, be it dark or not.

I see, but when I say a safe space I also mean a physical space. Like the secret corner in your bedroom no one knows about. I mean, the best thing is to just memorize it but if you forget your password and can't recover it all the data is as lost as if someone had stolen it. Of course in this case at least it can't be used against you, which is already not bad.

As for me, I only have 2 passwords. One for important stuff, only I know, and another I share with my gf for accounts that don't need secrecy or pose any danger to me, such as netflix or something like that. Better than playing against yourself by coming up with hundreds of passwords every week and having to memorize them, imho. Also, not poking the hive's nest when online (aka taunting people who might actually try to hack you) is a good thing to do. Though everything is very relative tbh.