Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

5 hours of fighting Ropalolyst: verdict COMPLETELY BROKEN

mishli

20 hours ago, warframe.ronnie said:

Apologies for the partial quote, I did it to lessen the space my post occupies but rest assured I've read the whole thing and this makes it easier for me to address your points one by one.

DE, please. Please! I know that players are never really happy regardless of what you do or how hard you try most times, but seriously, is this one of those times? Looking at the state of the Ropa on release, I really, really don't think so. How can bugs that occur so often, so easy to reproduce completely slipped... just how?

I appreciate you reading the whole thing, I do understand how the fight is supposed to go, I did research after 1 or 2 runs just to see if all the bugs I was seeing were misunderstood mechanics, I have seen the boss done correctly.. once in a while. I ended up taking harrow, just to mash 4 after cut scenes and hope I could get it off before she killed me, absorbed almost 120k damage a few times... that's just absurd.

1. I don't mean her "really big purple laser that does almost no damage"
i mean the laser pointer - instant explosion. According to some other posts i've read, this is a factor if you're not the host, as the host loads faster after the cut scene, many, many times she simply killed me before I could even move after the cut scene. Instant death, no reaction possible.
2. Even when I tried this fight solo, on Harrow, who has no movement abilities, I randomly could not use void dash, I don't mean "more than once" I would hop out of warframe and... it wouldn't work. or, hop out of warframe, dash... can't go back into warframe. If there's some trigger blocking abilities, yes needs to be much better telegraphed, but whatever triggers on the use of void dash is not the only issue.

Operator mode was unable to fix the void out, as void dash was always disabled and I would void out again before I could do anything, the only way I managed to escape it once was by somehow managing to smash my face into the wall and getting a wall jump... but it took about 30 tries.

Edited by mishli
  • Like 2

It seems the fight bugs out in matches with multiple players, I haven't encountered any bugs while doing the fight solo but when I did a coop fight I came across the "aggro-dropping" bug where it won't shoot the lasers anymore, decided to stick to solo after that 

During phase 3 when his bar is gray you just have to shoot the head. It will do dmg and drop the healthbar. Then you DethLazor him.

If you get stuck in a loop of screen blacking out (like when you fall), going kiddo mode then returning to frame seems to fix it

2 hours ago, mishli said:

Wrong laser attack, not the big purple one which charges the pylons, this is a little red dot that just says "you died" she doesn't usually to do it once someone reaches one of the pylons, she generally only does it at the start of the fight or right after she took damage from the uber laser

Right, the attack I saw her killing people with during the last few frames of the cutscenes wasn't the big purple twisting Yamato beam.  It was the little "laser sight" rays that come from the hands.  They lock on very quickly, and even someone with good reflexes is going to get nuked.  Nevermind when she fires them through the cluster of player characters with almost no chance to dodge them at the end of each "got zapped!" cutscene where it forces to teleport back to the center platform and stand in a nice, tight little group.  The Yamato Beam has a pretty big warmup time.  The killer laser sights... not so much.

On 2019-05-26 at 1:11 PM, mishli said:

es these can occasionally be dodged, however. (from what I've heard) this is only consistent if you are host, if you aren't the host, then it's very possible for her to fire the lasers and kill you before you even regain control after a cut scene.

This was easily the most frustrating part of the whole fight, especially considering I was playing My main frame (Atlas) Which I built for tanking, Getting 1-shot without being able to do anything about it feels Terrible When you've put 5 formas into doing one specific thing, and not being able to do it.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fennikk said:

This was easily the most frustrating part of the whole fight, especially considering I was playing My main frame (Atlas) Which I built for tanking, Getting 1-shot without being able to do anything about it feels Terrible When you've put 5 formas into doing one specific thing, and not being able to do it.

each shot does ~ 20-23k damage. you would need > 2000 effective hp and also 95% dr to live.. yea it's really stupid imo

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, this boss fight is absolute garbage. Broken, buggy trash. And why is nullifying abilities your go-to now? It's so cheap and so lazy. "Hey, here's an ability that will increase your survivability. But we're going to keep turning it off. Because #*!% you that's why."

On a positive note, I do like that we get Wisp from defeating a boss like back in the day.

On 2019-06-13 at 11:51 PM, (XB1)N7 Tigger said:

Yep, this boss fight is absolute garbage. Broken, buggy trash. And why is nullifying abilities your go-to now? It's so cheap and so lazy. "Hey, here's an ability that will increase your survivability. But we're going to keep turning it off. Because #*!% you that's why."

On a positive note, I do like that we get Wisp from defeating a boss like back in the day.

Well, the boss is weak enough. Each phase, i just spam klamora prism to his body and then the shield is gone

Edited by Gruiz

Wow, what a rant man, TL;DR, SORRY MATE.

I've played like 5 runs on that lol boss and saw it's briken af, no need to push crap content for five hours mate for the sake of searching for justification for it to being broken.

By design it's broken, game engine cant handle such weird boss fights.

A good chunk of what you described sounds like lag, tbh. Whose end is on? No clue. But the behavior points towards packet loss and de-synch issues. The repeated grabbing can be fixed by someone else running under it. I fixed it that way 4 times already

• 2 weeks later...

I am personally taking a long break from this game. I was able to beat the boss 12 times, first 11 giving me systems. The 12th game me the blueprint but now I can not even break the first part. Every single match for the past three days all goes the same way...we charge the pylon, ram the boss, then start doing damage to the a part. It gets about 25% left, it goes invulnerable with grey health bar for the parts, then comes back with full health on all parts. about 2-3 times a day for the last three days, incredibly consistent. It is officially unplayable for me.

6 hours ago, (PS4)HyrulianSavior said:

I am personally taking a long break from this game. I was able to beat the boss 12 times, first 11 giving me systems. The 12th game me the blueprint but now I can not even break the first part. Every single match for the past three days all goes the same way...we charge the pylon, ram the boss, then start doing damage to the a part. It gets about 25% left, it goes invulnerable with grey health bar for the parts, then comes back with full health on all parts. about 2-3 times a day for the last three days, incredibly consistent. It is officially unplayable for me.

It's because you're probably not damaging it fast enough. You have to be quick about it or it recovers. Don't forget to use the terminal as well to shock it.

7 hours ago, (PS4)HyrulianSavior said:

Yeah, its a mistake on your part, you whole team in fact. You do damage to one untill it hits 25%, the other was probably destroyed. There is a BIG sound cue when that happens: the *BING* sound that happens when you break an Eidolon Synovia, when that happens: There is a console in the platform. Alad talks about it. The moment you break a part, you have to click the console to fire a giant laser on it. There is a good time window in the first 2 pieces, but the main body you have about 2 seconds. So, stay near the console for the final part.

On 2019-05-28 at 10:43 PM, mishli said:

each shot does ~ 20-23k damage. you would need > 2000 effective hp and also 95% dr to live.. yea it's really stupid imo

Mate, 2k Ehp is nothing. Like actual nothing. Vitality and Steel Fiber alone puts most frames over that threshold. 

Edited by N7Khan

:/

It's the most retro fight in Warframe, good old fashioned phase/stage battle. Like a Mega Man Boss battle, or something out of Soul Reaver for instance.

The red beams are shot form his palms. He/she fires at you subsequent shots whenever it recovers from each phase. If you want to speed run, that's on you, but if you give a few seconds, Roppy will stop firing the pint point beams after a sequence of ~6, wait too long before moving on and it will start firing them again. It's simply put, meant to be like that. it also makes a unique sound when Roppy is lockin on you.

The final beam that needs to hit the boss when it's stunned. Quite literaly needs to be triggered when he is performing the the stunned animation, it won't last long, in around 3 seconds he/she is ready to dodge again. It's not a bug, Roppy recovers fast, that's it.

If stop trying to speed run for a momment and just pay attention to what the boss is doing, you'll see the patterns clear enough.

Edited by Duduminador

On 2019-05-26 at 1:39 PM, Kimimoto said:

Funny how this is a problem, but not disruptions reward tables amirite?

Not everyone consumes the same content at the same pace or at the same time.

Pretty hard to concern yourself with an issue if you havnt played said content before. 

Anyways. I'd rather buy wisp than fart around with boss mechanics. Which is likely the desired effect for DE. 

• Like 1

On 2019-06-27 at 5:48 AM, JackHargreav said:

Yeah but there are some posts here that were made just few days ago.

Its called reviving a thread that no longer has relevance.

At least, I dont think it still does. Havent run in any issues aside from the, now extinct, Invibolyst.

On 2019-06-28 at 4:34 PM, IIDMOII said:

Not everyone consumes the same content at the same pace or at the same time.

Pretty hard to concern yourself with an issue if you havnt played said content before. 

Hey, what's up, I'm here to tell you the Disruption reward tables are complete ass, they LITERALLY have nothing of value. You don't have to have played the content to realize that, you can just check the drop tables now that I've brought it to your attention. Then you can criticize DE for doing a poor job! 👍

Unless you were trying to argue against what I was saying? Then what even is your point?

On 2019-05-26 at 2:44 PM, mishli said:

Yes, the hotfix mentions "fixed cases of infinitely falling" on friday, this happened saturday

I've had this happen in normal missions. The game will just start spazzing inputs like crazy. It's not my controller since this only happens on WF. I've noticed since the last hotfix, the game has been very broken. The most recent and actually scary thing was when I as stuck as Wukong unable to do anything except run and bullet jump. Skills and weapons wouldn't work, his animations were stuck too (everything except running and bullet jumping). I escaped when I got grappled from a grineer and that must've reset my positioning in accordance to the gamr or whatever. I've also noticed MANY glitches with Wukong's 4 while his clone is active, such as the attack and skill disability and animation lock, which happens in several severities and all combinations, me and/or my clone being stuck unable to switch weapons, my clone being stuck in his 4 even when I cancel it, my clone not having a weapon equipped after using 4, my primary switching with my secondary on random while my clone and his 4 are active, being put in and stuck in the defy animation when in between 2 tight platforms (such as the small Gap in Helene/Hydron when the platform is raised, you know what I mean, you've fell through there many times), and much more. Mind you, that's just with Wukong alone, not the entire game. I'd be here for an hour or two if I'd be talking about everything the last few updates #*!%ed up. I've noticed Wukong's rework being the update that introduced many bugs, but I've also noticed that each hotfix after that brought in many, many more. Gotta reiterated the inputs spazzing out. It ranges from making my inputs exectute the wrong action to full-fledged doing random S#&$ without my pressing a button. Again, this only happens in WF, so this is a Warframe problem. This has also only happened since Wukong's rework. I really hope these get fixed soon, as they're actually pretty detrimental.