jefersondb

[SPOILER] Goodbye Lotus!(?)

Alright.
I've played through the main quest far enough to see the Lotus gone, so can I now please have the ability of turning off her transmissions?

Seriously, with space-mom gone I was hoping I could get a break from her endless droning. (I'm sorry, Ms. Ford, you're a great voice actress, but with over 700 hours of gameplay, I feel like we need some time apart). I mean, I was already fed up with it quite a while ago, but now not only it's pointless, it's also weird.

I mean, not only it makes sense gameplay-wise, but it also makes sense story-wise: The Lotus has abandoned the operator, so he/she needs to grow on his/her own now.

Having Ordis emulate what the Lotus would be saying is like getting a bad pacifier in exchange for a breast I had stopped sucking on five years ago.

So, what do you guys say?
How about we get one of those cool slider switches in the options for turning "Synthesize Lotus' mission directives" on and off?

Thanks!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jefersondb said:

Having Ordis emulate what the Lotus would be saying is like getting a bad pacifier in exchange for a breast I had stopped sucking on five years ago.

I love ordis to replace lotus, he is chill but yes annoying but at least he isnt dull you get bored of him as he has a personality but lotus just talks the same way about everything as if she has no emotion at all. But what you said is true too

4 minutes ago, AwkwardLazarow said:

but lotus just talks the same way about everything as if she has no emotion at all. But what you said is true too

well I mean she's a sentient, and not a huuuuggeee one like Hunhow, I don't think they value emotion.

14 minutes ago, sharkstrangler said:

well I mean she's a sentient, and not a huuuuggeee one like Hunhow, I don't think they value emotion.

On the contrary, Hunhow is a giant drama queen. 

il y a 1 minute, (PS4)corpusbonds a dit :

On the contrary, Hunhow is a giant drama queen. 

*drama king

We have yet to meet the drama queen 😄

Just now, Autongnosis said:

*drama king

We have yet to meet the drama queen 😄

Oh I just use drama queen for the everyone but you are definitely right (on both parts).

I hope space grandmom is just as dramatic as the rest of the family. 

7 minutes ago, (PS4)corpusbonds said:

Oh I just use drama queen for the everyone but you are definitely right (on both parts).

I hope space grandmom is just as dramatic as the rest of the family. 

excited to give 'er a smack with Paracesis

• Satisfied 1

Posted (edited)

Yeah I just did the sacrifice mission as well, it makes no sense shes still talking to you in missions, even if it are recording put together by Ordis, and I find it really annoying that some words get interrupted leading me to not even understanding her anymore.

I wish I could turn it off as well, Lotus transmission need to go ASAP because it makes no sense at all, its morbid and weird!

Edited by IIAc3sII

13 hours ago, jefersondb said:

How about we get one of those cool slider switches in the options for turning "Synthesize Lotus' mission directives" on and off?

You already have that option. I forget exactly what it's called as I'm not home to check, but you can mute a lot of the objective dialogue from the Lotus, Ordis, Nightwave and a few others.

58 минут назад, Steel_Rook сказал:

You already have that option. I forget exactly what it's called as I'm not home to check, but you can mute a lot of the objective dialogue from the Lotus, Ordis, Nightwave and a few others.

Hint transmissions.

It still leaves a lot of her dialogs available though. Mission start intros and similar things. If Ordis was narrating them himself, it would be better. My usual routine of saying "Shut up, Lotus" loading to every mission would change to "Shut up, Ordis", but it will make more sense.

I know that player Tenno is supposed to be a center of some epic storyline, but I still hope we will be given an ability to choose our "employer" who will give us those missions on kinda permanent basis like we have with syndicates. I would gladly be employed full time to do "merchandise acquisition missions" or just be a gun for hire doing some shady jobs here and there. Not happening ever.

I still feel that Ordis makes the most sense. He's my Ship Cephalon, he's part of my crew and navigating me through missions is kind of his job. It makes sense narratively and it gives me a greater sense of agency, since my "handler" is in fact under my employ. I wouldn't be opposed to having optional handler voice packs, though that's... Expensive and difficult. New content typically needs new voice lines so you need someone on staff available to record them as needed. Ordis is a good choice as he's voiced by a DE staff member who'll hopefully be around to add new lines, as we saw with the Jovian Concord. Teshin has been suggested in the past, but he's voiced by a professional voice actor contractor who probably isn't easily available for individual voice lines. Darvo might be a good choice, since I think he's also voiced by a studio employee (the same one who does Vor and Ruk and Alad and a zillion other voices 🙂), so availability isn't an issue there.

Overall, though, we need to get rid of the Holo Lotus. Regardless of what happens in the story, she isn't coming back. Her lines right now are obvious labour-saving holdovers which need to be redubbed by a new handler.

• Applause 1

But you see, the Lotus was fed lies by her dad that she was fed lies by tenno.  We will most likely be seeing the record straight at some point, unless we did fed her lies and don't know about it :crylaugh:

The whole Ordis simulating Lotus with the recordings was neat for like.....a few days. Now, as op said, it's just plain awkward. 

I mean this is what we have now:

In the Ropalolyst mission Natah (emo space mom) is talking to us directly. But for no good reason, if you space everything out, you will have the Lotus simulation go through her run of the mill assassination briefing after Natah gets done being dramatic. It is just so weird and does not fit at all. 

I'm thinking this particular example is just a mistake but it's awkward in every sense at this point. 

Ordis should have cut this out long ago. I would welcome Ordis replacing the Lotus in regular mission briefing. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I agree that Ordis simulating Lotus is boing since a long time ago. I would have like to have the true one back but with the way things are going on after the Jovian Concord...

Also : agree that it is quite unerving to have the purple lotus poping at times not consistentlywith lore or the mission you are in (past quests for example. Do not tried lately, but it was quite surreal to redo the second dream with the purple lotus talking to you...)

Edited by brimiste