Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need More Information...(The Title Does Not Say It All)

Fiia

One of the struggles I have in WF is being very unsure where things are in the game and at times steps needed to accomplish goals.

I struggle with knowing where to find certain weapons, or frames in the game. Most recent I had to ask in chat where to find the second Sentinel that I heard about on the forum somewhere.

For those players here that will quickly type about using the Wiki, Livestream, etc.; I have an answer.

Information about the game should be found in the game. Players should not have to hunt for information it should be presented to them clearly and concisely.

Here is my ever so simple solution.

1. On every Planet, or Mission it should display what weapon or frame it achievable. Just like it does now for resources and components.

2. Any update notes should be listed in the pre-login screen; right where the big news about updates is located.

3. DE overall needs to do a better job at helping people understand the game and where things are located in the game.

Edited by Fiia

If you watched the livestream they talked about this and about putting it somewhere in game. Also is it really that hard to just open up a browser and type for 2 seconds like with every other game in the history of forever?

The livestream was more about information when rolling out a patch/update.

What I am talking about day-to-day playing of the game. No real feedback, no real information on where things are in the game, or what to do with them at times.

What I am talking about day-to-day playing of the game. No real feedback, no real information on where things are in the game, or what to do with them at times.

The devs DID state that they want that information to be available to players in game, but not when it would be implemented or how.

As the poster above me pointed out, this is incorrect.  I'd suggest rewatching the livestream.  They specifically mention they they're looking to add an in-game codex for drop locations.  This concept has been mentioned by Steve beforehand when the loot tables were overhauled a while ago.  Basically it would be a self-updating bestiary that populates itself with item drops by mob type and location as players acquire loot.

As much as I agree that the devs need to work on their new-player-experience and make some information more readily accessible, I don't think we need to be outright told on every single node of every single map what drops and how to obtain every item.  I've yet to see a single game that does that (you'll never find a dungeon in an mmo advertising exactly what it drops, for example).  Some things should be a bit more transparent, but I don't see the harm in having to visit the wiki once in a while, seeing as it's a task that takes all of 10-15 seconds.

I don't think we need to be outright told on every single node of every single map what drops and how to obtain every item. I've yet to see a single game that does that (you'll never find a dungeon in an mmo advertising exactly what it drops, for example).

Some things should be a bit more transparent, but I don't see the harm in having to visit the wiki once in a while, seeing as it's a task that takes all of 10-15 seconds.

MMOs do not make you search every dungeon for the item you are after. They are clear what dungeon it is located at. Can you imagine a Raid that goes around to each dungeon in hopes of it being the correct one for the drop people are looking for, not very much.

Second, I will state it again; "Information about the game should be found in the game".