Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why the 5th speedster???

Velaethia

the next warframe is yet another speedster. After volt, nezha, titania, and even wisp gives a speed buff and has high base speed. So why do we need a 5th speedster? I know being fast isn't Wisp's niche but she's pretty darn fast. So many frames already have speed as part of their kit. Seems silly to keep adding the same theme in slightly different ways. 

• Like 1

The same reason they added Hildryn when we already have Rhino.

...But probably because ppl need to lvl up their MR to maximum,which also makes little sense.

They released a whole bunch of Warframes in a short period of time that are all the same to me.

• Like 2

Being fast isn't the same as being themed around being fast and none of the frames you mentioned are themed around speed. Even Volt with the literal "speed" ability isn't based around being fast but rather about channeling electricity.

If we want to complain about frames being "similar" then nearly every frame has something that another frame already has.

• Like 5

Just now, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

They announced like a couple dev streams back they were playing around with a side by side race PVP...No combat, just FORZA or I guess a Mario Kart-frame...

It looks like they are giving us our Rally cars (KA_CHOW)...Now we just need the Daytona 500 to go with them...

And i guess you will need 1.000.000 of points to buy the game for Simaris...

54 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

the next warframe is yet another speedster. After volt, nezha, titania, and even wisp gives a speed buff and has high base speed. So why do we need a 5th speedster? I know being fast isn't Wisp's niche but she's pretty darn fast. So many frames already have speed as part of their kit. Seems silly to keep adding the same theme in slightly different ways. 

warframes are meant to be nimble and fast cuz we're ninjas or whatever and having a 1 power that increases speed doesn't classify them as a speedster except volt but volt isnt themed around speed, its electricity and channeling that electricity into himself and power/ defensive capabilities. The runnerframe might most  likely be based around using kinetic energy in and around him.

I've only been playing since January and I'm already burned out on new frames. I have enough of them already. I want stuff to do with them. I hate to say it, but I'm getting kind of bored even after the new update. New frames are not going to fix that for me. A bit of a Warframe break may be in my near future.

1 hour ago, Firetempest said:

Because frames are becoming MR guns. Filler for the sake of a different look.

Except Wisp brings in a lot of usefulness. Already seeing groups request wisp's for her buffs. The new eating guy is unique concept. 

1 hour ago, AreaneR. said:

The same reason they added Hildryn when we already have Rhino.

????????????

How is Hildryn even remotely like Rhino??? Maybe phsically they're both bodybuilder types. But their gameplay is as different as possible. Nezha is honestly more similar in gameplay.

52 minutes ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

A bit of a Warframe break may be in my near future.

That's not a bad idea. When you come back you'll have more fun. I'm like that with games, most people are. However I am greatly enjoying wisp.

5 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

Except Wisp brings in a lot of usefulness. Already seeing groups request wisp's for her buffs. The new eating guy is unique concept. 

????????????

How is Hildryn even remotely like Rhino??? Maybe phsically they're both bodybuilder types. But their gameplay is as different as possible. Nezha is honestly more similar in gameplay.

That's not a bad idea. When you come back you'll have more fun. I'm like that with games, most people are. However I am greatly enjoying wisp.

I think Wisp is fun in things like defense or interception. I just am not fond of DE's plan to crank out new frames so fast. It makes each new frame feel less special. I would much rather have the new damage rebalance, bug fixes, and more content to do with the frames I have. I have more warframes than I have pairs of boxers.

I'm also not afraid to take breaks from games of this nature. It's just kind of bitter sweet for me to think I'm getting close to that time with warframe as I have enjoyed many parts of it even if it also has a lot of frustrations.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

I think Wisp is fun in things like defense or interception. I just am not fond of DE's plan to crank out new frames so fast. It makes each new frame feel less special. I would much rather have the new damage rebalance, bug fixes, and more content to do with the frames I have. I have more warframes than I have pairs of boxers.

I'm also not afraid to take breaks from games of this nature. It's just kind of bitter sweet for me to think I'm getting close to that time with warframe as I have enjoyed many parts of it even if it also has a lot of frustrations.

I am like 90% sure they have been pumping out frames at this rate for a couple years at least. Wisp was actually 2 weeks late compared to previous pattern. 

3 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

I am like 90% sure they have been pumping out frames at this rate for a couple years at least. Wisp was actually 2 weeks late compared to previous pattern. 

Well, you a probably correct. I've only been playing since January so I wouldn't really have a feel for that. But even still, it feels like a lot to me.

3 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

Oh yeah, they've been sending out new frames at this pace for quite some time now. My whole thought process behind the Warframes is that you have this "theme." Within this theme there are branches that come down. You make Warframes, tie them to these branches, but they're all under the same tree. The Warframes are made for diversity you know? So when someone comes along they have this huge store filled with Warframes as far as the eye can see.

Volt not your style, pick Nezha. Wanna fly around but don't like Zephyr, grab Titania. Does that make sense? Just tossing my thoughts at ya.

6 minutes ago, -Himari- said:

Wanna fly around but don't like Zephyr, grab Titania. 

Don't you mean, tired of being the most awesome bestest frame of them all and want to experience what it feels like to be less awesome, grab something that isn't Titania ^.^

So new frames are not allowed to have any of the following abilities because other frames have them and they do them well already,

• Percentage damage reduction
  • Health-based shield
  • Damage immunity on hit
  • Barriers
  • Status effect immunity
  • Radial damage
  • Radial CC
  • Radial healing
  • Targeted damage
  • Targeted CC
  • Targeted healing
  • Area denial
  • Team energy recovery
  • Teleport
  • Pseudo-flight
  • Damage buffs
  • Defense buffs
  • Speed buffs

We have too many of all of those abilities already with existing frame and newer frames have to somehow be unique with absolutely no overlap on a single ability.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -Himari- said:

Oh yeah, they've been sending out new frames at this pace for quite some time now. My whole thought process behind the Warframes is that you have this "theme." Within this theme there are branches that come down. You make Warframes, tie them to these branches, but they're all under the same tree. The Warframes are made for diversity you know? So when someone comes along they have this huge store filled with Warframes as far as the eye can see.

Volt not your style, pick Nezha. Wanna fly around but don't like Zephyr, grab Titania. Does that make sense? Just tossing my thoughts at ya.

That's fair I suppose. I just not feeling really hype for him, more excited for kirbyframe. Gonna make him pink, because duh. So just feels like have to wait twice as long for a frame I'll actually use for more then MR fodder. I mean maybe I'll like him more then I thought I would. I was hype for wisp but I didn't expect I'd be contemplating switching mains to her.

Believe me, if you think there are only 5 speedster frames, Xandypants and his driftframe tier list would like to have a word with you.

That being said, from what little I've seen of Running Man I'm already excited to replace Volt as my solo "fast mission" frame. From the few seconds of gameplay we saw from Reb, she used the speed boost ability a few times with different duration each time, which tells me that it's a toggle ability or can be seamlessly cancelled and recasted. This perfectly solves the problem I have with other speed buff frames, which is that I want to have super speed 90% of the time, but I also want to stop super-speeding for a while so that I can properly maneuver into a random air vent.

• Like 1

Volt is the only "Speedster" IMO.
Nezha cannot buff teammates with speed and his speed increase is ~30%, meanwhile Volt can easily reach 100% or even more. Nezha can grant damage resistance to himself and teammates and CC enemies in a wide range, the added speed feels like a filler ability.
Titania only buffs the range of bullet jumps and the only speed buff she can achieve is thanks to Razorwing Blitz while her Razorwing is active, nothing else.
Wisp can also grant a ~40% speed buff to teammates, but that is accompanied by fire rate buff and it's only one Mote out of the three.

These speed buff abilities are one out of four, so the "fitfh speedster" frame will also have three abilities that most likely will be different from the frames we mentioned.