Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velaethia

Why the 5th speedster???

Volt is the only "Speedster" IMO.
Nezha cannot buff teammates with speed and his speed increase is ~30%, meanwhile Volt can easily reach 100% or even more. Nezha can grant damage resistance to himself and teammates and CC enemies in a wide range, the added speed feels like a filler ability.
Titania only buffs the range of bullet jumps and the only speed buff she can achieve is thanks to Razorwing Blitz while her Razorwing is active, nothing else.
Wisp can also grant a ~40% speed buff to teammates, but that is accompanied by fire rate buff and it's only one Mote out of the three.

These speed buff abilities are one out of four, so the "fitfh speedster" frame will also have three abilities that most likely will be different from the frames we mentioned.

I do think Running Man might be unnecessary, but like others have said before we’ll have to wait to see the rest of hit kit before making our final judgments. 

Whats especially frustrating is that most tilesets and maps in the game are so cluttered that speed actually makes them impossible to navigate.

Devs do not develop frames based on abilities. They build based on themes. These themes may share some abilities but each ability is tied to their theme. 

Speed, velocity and the themes derived from it really haven't been explored itself.

With this argument you can also say that the new frame after, the chonky boy frame, is derivative of inaros, garuda, titania and any other frame that "eats" opponents.

23 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

Whats especially frustrating is that most tilesets and maps in the game are so cluttered that speed actually makes them impossible to navigate.

Most tilesets came from the "pre-parkour" days. Gas city is a breeze, so are grineer ship and void maps. Not so much everything else.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb BallisticSalsa:

Devs do not develop frames based on abilities. They build based on themes. These themes may share some abilities but each ability is tied to their theme. 

Speed, velocity and the themes derived from it really haven't been explored itself.

With this argument you can also say that the new frame after, the chonky boy frame, is derivative of inaros, garuda, titania and any other frame that "eats" opponents.

Titania eats enemies? Wat

1 minute ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Titania eats enemies? Wat

Her two basically knocks out their soul which you consume and they are weakened.

She eats souls Clem. She gobbles them right up.

9 hours ago, Velaethia said:

That's fair I suppose. I just not feeling really hype for him, more excited for kirbyframe. Gonna make him pink, because duh. So just feels like have to wait twice as long for a frame I'll actually use for more then MR fodder. I mean maybe I'll like him more then I thought I would. I was hype for wisp but I didn't expect I'd be contemplating switching mains to her.

Mmhm and that's fair. Not every Warframe is gonna tickle us the right way.

I was hyped for Wisp when I saw her trailer. Now, I'm already asking for Wisp Prime.

1 hour ago, BallisticSalsa said:

That is correct because if they name a warframe after a specific god it has to have powers that are usually associated with or thought to match with the specific god weather its from an anime, movie, other games or read mythology :)

the only thing close to a speedster is volt but thats only one ability, having multiple abilities based on the theme of going fast is cool and im excited for the new frame, yall are extremely nitpicky

vor 2 Minuten schrieb AugustFestival:

the only thing close to a speedster is volt but thats only one ability, having multiple abilities based on the theme of going fast is cool and im excited for the new frame, yall are extremely nitpicky

Thank you for existing. I'm also super hyped for him 🙂 he already looks stunning, like a true Mecha warrior

3 minutes ago, AugustFestival said:

Yes it will be fun to have a frame with abilities based only on speed:

1) you have 10% more speed.

2)you have 20% more speed.

3)you have 30% more speed.

4) everyone will have 40% more speed!

Just now, bibmobello said:

Yes it will be fun to have a frame with abilities based only on speed:

1) you have 10% more speed.

2)you have 20% more speed.

3)you have 30% more speed.

4) everyone will have 40% more speed!

im not going to discuss this with you if you are gona mis-represent things, you know thats not what its going to be like.

13 hours ago, bibmobello said:

Even overwatch has "only" 26 characters, here we have 40 frames + the "non prime" version.

In my opinion It's not fun anymore but someone loves to buy new frames.

Overwatch is also less than half the age of Warframe, and seems to gain a new character every few months. Give it time.

11 hours ago, BeldarTheBrave said:

Well, you a probably correct. I've only been playing since January so I wouldn't really have a feel for that. But even still, it feels like a lot to me.

to stay ahead of priming they need to drop 4 frames a year.  I would love to see 4 frames in the first half of 2019 and 4 reworks in the second half but we will just have to wait and see.  

1 hour ago, AugustFestival said:

im not going to discuss this with you if you are gona mis-represent things, you know thats not what its going to be like.

ok i was wrong, maybe on 4 you can get +50% speed for everybody?

Because they have run out of Ideas/gotten lazy. They could be trying out amazing new frame idea, like frames that drop turrets, frames that turn into a different mode, but instead, just rehash old abilities and once in a while add a new-ish idea. There is so much insanity that can be had, but instead, they are just making new frames with older abilities rehashed for them. If they really wanted to they could even make a 4 legged frame, they just don't want to bother when they can simply re-use the same skeleton they've been using for the past 5-6 years.

20 hours ago, Oreades said:

Don't you mean, tired of being the most awesome bestest frame of them all and want to experience what it feels like to be less awesome, grab something that isn't Titania ^.^

Titania is actually top 5 I think. Wisp came in and messed it all up.

But Class A: is Gara, Rev, Titania, Equinox, and Now Wisp. Class B: is Nidus, Hildryn, Harrow, Nyx, Khora. Class C : is Nezha, Limbo, Garuda, Mesa, Octavia. Class D : is  everyone not mentioned. Class F: is Excal, Wukong, Zephyr, Ember and Nova (The later I just don't think I know how the play, the rest I find boring, or eh).

16 hours ago, -CoI-IAmNotMatthew said:

Volt is the only "Speedster" IMO.
Nezha cannot buff teammates with speed and his speed increase is ~30%, meanwhile Volt can easily reach 100% or even more. Nezha can grant damage resistance to himself and teammates and CC enemies in a wide range, the added speed feels like a filler ability.
Titania only buffs the range of bullet jumps and the only speed buff she can achieve is thanks to Razorwing Blitz while her Razorwing is active, nothing else.
Wisp can also grant a ~40% speed buff to teammates, but that is accompanied by fire rate buff and it's only one Mote out of the three.

These speed buff abilities are one out of four, so the "fitfh speedster" frame will also have three abilities that most likely will be different from the frames we mentioned.

My Wisp built right has base sprint speed of 2.32 (hard default is 1.0) and like 5.something with my speed buff... Pretty suuuuure she can outrun volt. 

I bet this running man is going leave everyone to the dust how fast he is and also leave some gas

giphy.gif

Note that is fart gas he is leaving behind.

all i know, is that we need to be able to Slide in any direction. we should be able to Slide with Drifting, so that we can slide in a circle around something or around corners, while also shooting at something.

9 minutes ago, Velaethia said:

My Wisp built right has base sprint speed of 2.32 (hard default is 1.0) and like 5.something with my speed buff... Pretty suuuuure she can outrun volt. 

Then you can run faster when the enemies will chase you. 🙂