Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Individual extraction is BS

I love endless game modes, and the cooperation that they provided. You either lived or died together. That was cool. 

Individual extraction is a pain in the ass.

1. slower frames get left behind when someone decides its time to go.

2. people like me that have a S#&$ connection all the time and a slower laptop suffer terminal host migrations.

Game modes I loved are now nearly unplayable.

• Like 1

Completely disagree. If you want organised squads, head over to recruitment chat. 

This method allows for proper flexibility. In a random pug, you used to be dragged out by a single player who forced the hand of the entire group. This way, they can leave and the three remaining can stay in.  

• Like 17

You can't blame host migration on the players, blame it on DE. If they just switch to a server hosted squad, instead of p2p, all those problems go away. And at least half the bugs also, which seem to be directly caused by bad netcode and high/unstable ping.

I also fkn hate host migrations, but you can't force people to do what you want them to do. I certainly don't want to stay in an arbitration with 3 newbies, that constantly die, and try to carry them through.

• Like 6

the main reason for allowing individual extraction was because of PUB grouping where sometimes 1 guy got stuck running longer and longer than planned, etc.. If you are really wanting to do an endurance type run in any group effort mission (survival, disruption, defense, etc) you should really be setting up a group before going in. Easily doing so by talking with clan members, using recruit chat, etc. 

Host migration does stink and always has but that is not all on DE either, sure if the host leaves it will take a moment to migrate but as you stated you have a junky computer and are trying to place the blame on others for your own issue.

• Like 3

Really disagree.  I love individual extraction.  I got my Seeding Step ephemera after one guy left 10 minutes in, and the other two guys left 20 minutes after that, leaving me to run 10 more minutes alone.

Sure, sometimes I get hit with groups that go one round of whatever and bail out, but nuts to them.  I'm allowed to keep going if I want.  As stated, if it's host migrations you really have a problem with, then maybe the increase in problems that is arising from more groups splitting up will get DE to finally fix them.  Arbitration defense target going from 38000hp to 8000hp because of a migration anyone?

• Like 2

Someone salty.

But, like some of the others, I disagree. Years of having someone stall the mission out of progress because they either left at the 5-minute marker OR because they go to extract and stand there caused more animosity than the small annoyance of host migrating.

As plenty of people stated, communicate with your team, pre-plan a team before jumping into a mission, play solo and on an on. Besides, it's DE style to introduce a feature, see how the community uses it, then adjust as needed. 

The fact is, there are too many missions where you will actively ask how long you're staying, advise of drops, strategize and so on, and there is absolute complete silence from the rest of the team. You essentially want them to drop a feature that was needed for people who don't want to be forced into 5-10 minutes/5 wave missions because of 2 people on the team because your internet is bad.

• Like 2

The new systems is great.

Did an excavation arbitration yesterday, one guy had to leave but the rest of us were able to continue, finally got my first aura forma BP thanks to that.

If every single host migration you experience is an instant fail, the problem is on your end.

31 minutes ago, Llwynn said:

But, like some of the others, I disagree. Years of having someone stall the mission out of progress because they either left at the 5-minute marker OR because they go to extract and stand there caused more animosity than the small annoyance of host migrating.

they are a problem if you have a buffing frame you lose your buffs but are not refunded the energy (ore of a problem in ESO) it will also reset your melee combo a problem when using melee heavy builds.  however, it is better than 2 people completely killing a 20min run at 5 min because they are lazy I personally feel that there should be more warning if the host is attempting to extract and I would like it if there was added time if the partial extraction would trigger a host migration (90 sec instead of 60 that and a better extraction marker).  

I really like the individual extraction. Once i played 10-15 mins of a survival and was ready to extract but nobody else wanted to go. So I was held hostage by my squad for another 25 mins. 

Now, if something comes up IRL (phone call, friends/relatives knock on the door/etc) you can solo extract. Makes the game much more playable not having to loose 20 mins worth of affinity and loot by having to abort mission. I dont really see the problem. 

• Like 2

In a perfect world DE would have abandoned their archaic p2p matchmaking system and upgrade to proper servers with all that fat plat profit they make from the whales. Almost all the changes for the past 5 years were pretty much bandaid remedy for the existing system in place. At one point you would think they would just ditch it and upgrade once and for all. The amount of players lost to crap p2p design and the work put into the quality of life fixes probably outweighs the cost of actual proper servers. 5-10 years ago they were expensive but they really are not anymore. There is no excuse other then dealing with hard spagetti code and greed. 

Anyhow. Maybe Warframe 2 will have better matchmaking.  I don't expect em to ever change the current p2p system at this point. 

That said, I Like individual extraction better. Old forced extract was a griefers wet dream come true and caused lots of drama. If i have lots of time invested into our current mission, I go if the host is going  just in case I am stuck alone. I would say around 75% of the time I am alone, The other 25 % of the time a few team mates actually make it back.  If its only a short time I have been playing, Then i risk it.  As far as ESO goes, That whole game mode needs a rework. People only use it to level weps now. Once their wep is levelled they go. That is one of the worst game modes IMHO for host migration issues and tweaks all around need to be made. 

Edited by bananacat89
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bananacat89 said:

In a perfect world DE would have abandoned their archaic p2p matchmaking system and upgrade to proper servers with all that fat plat profit they make from the whales. Almost all the changes for the past 5 years were pretty much bandaid remedy for the existing system in place. At one point you would think they would just ditch it and upgrade once and for all. The amount of players lost to crap p2p design and the work put into the quality of life fixes probably outweighs the cost of actual proper servers. 5-10 years ago they were expensive but they really are not anymore. There is no excuse other then dealing with hard spagetti code and greed. 

Anyhow. Maybe Warframe 2 will have better matchmaking.  I don't expect em to ever change the current p2p system at this point. 

That said, I Like individual extraction better. Old forced extract was a griefers wet dream come true and caused lots of drama. If i have lots of time invested into our current mission, I go if the host is going  just in case I am stuck alone. I would say around 75% of the time I am alone, The other 25 % of the time a few team mates actually make it back.  If its only a short time I have been playing, Then i risk it.  As far as ESO goes, That whole game mode needs a rework. People only use it to level weps now. Once their wep is levelled they go. That is one of the worst game modes IMHO for host migration issues and tweaks all around need to be made. 

Why dont you find a company that owns a server farm, go find out how many players warframe has on a daily basis across all platforms now, and ask what they would charge to let DE run the game off their servers, per month.

Then, why dont you consider how many hours of coding it would take to change everything in the game that has to do with net code to switch to the new system. And figure out how much the man hours alone would cost.

Then, and this might be a big one, consider what a trainwreck the change could turn into, and how many bugs might come up.

Then, consider that if EA taught us anything its that even servers run by AAA developers backed by AAA publishers are not immune to their own problems either.

Then, consider that most "plat whales" arent forking over wads of cash for they're plat, they're making it by selling prime sets and flipping rivens and even if they were, they're the minority.

Ahy dont you do some accounting on all that and then come back and explain to me what DE is supposed to do to make up for that enormous expense.

I'm tired of people acting like all DE has to do is pay another company 5 dollars, flip a few switches and BOOM. 100% awesome dedicated servers for all.

14 minutes ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Why dont you find a company that owns a server farm, go find out how many players warframe has on a daily basis across all platforms now, and ask what they would charge to let DE run the game off their servers, per month.

Then, why dont you consider how many hours of coding it would take to change everything in the game that has to do with net code to switch to the new system. And figure out how much the man hours alone would cost.

Then, and this might be a big one, consider what a trainwreck the change could turn into, and how many bugs might come up.

Then, consider that if EA taught us anything its that even servers run by AAA developers backed by AAA publishers are not immune to their own problems either.

Then, consider that most "plat whales" arent forking over wads of cash for they're plat, they're making it by selling prime sets and flipping rivens and even if they were, they're the minority.

Ahy dont you do some accounting on all that and then come back and explain to me what DE is supposed to do to make up for that enormous expense.

I'm tired of people acting like all DE has to do is pay another company 5 dollars, flip a few switches and BOOM. 100% awesome dedicated servers for all.

F2P games far bigger than Warframe are using dedicated servers. League of Legends, Apex Legends, DotA 2, world of tanks etc. The technology is here for years now, almost all modern games use dedicated servers. P2P is an archaic system that does not belong in 2019.

Edited by ninjacat2015
  • Like 1

I haven't had any bad experience with random pug survival missions recently. Most of the time for me, the team leaves together (usually at 20 minute mark)... without even needing to communicate! Same with Excavations... only those go as long as 8-12 extractors sometimes (relic missions, so 2 extractors = 1 round)! Seldom does an individual player leave... And when that happens, it doesn't affect anyone. Heck, that player may need to leave for life reasons or simply because they were struggling to survive! But yeah, I'd say 9 out of 10 times, random pug survivals go for 20 minutes and all 4 of us extract together and 10 out of 10 times, random pug excavations last at least 8-12 extractors. That's a pretty good amount of time, no?

I've had more trouble with defense/interception missions. Lots of people extract after first round! It boggles the mind!

• Like 2