Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Demolyst is now just another immune HP sink

Enialyx

On 2019-05-27 at 2:05 PM, atejas said:

They're still vulnerable, they just periodically cast nullification bursts. They've always been like that.

^ This, all you need to do is spam the ability and you can keep them fully cc'd its only when they are right on top of the console when about to explode that they dont seem to slow, the better and more spammable slow is Nekros with Creeping Terrify augment, his slow is 5% more effective than nova's mp, is more easily spammed and does not slowly creep out like nova but is instead applied to full range immediately..

Edited by Methanoid

On 2019-05-27 at 9:03 PM, Walkampf said:

In this particular case, it actually makes sense. It forces most people to communicate to take him down before he destroys an objective.

I agree with this. It's refreshing for a mission to actually require teamwork and collaboration as a win condition.

On 2019-05-27 at 9:03 PM, Walkampf said:

Allowing it to be CCed whould defeat it's very purpose.

While this is also kinda true, the fact that Demolysts are CC-immune makes Conduit time limits kinda hollow, and pares down yet another mission type to "just unload butt-tons of damage". Why is there even a timer on the Conduit anymore if after a handful of seconds, Salad releases an unimpedable Demolyst on its destruction mission? It'd be nice if we were able to outlast the Demolyst and keep it off the Conduit until the timer ran down. The Demolyst could be CC-resistant (vastly reduced durations on stuns, snares etc; reduced effect of slows), and/or we could find ways of distracting it or otherwise putting it off course*, until the Conduit completed its thing. That way we'd have an alternative method to achieving victory. A less efficient one (takes longer to complete the round), but then we have options other than just another DPS-race.

*EDIT: Like baiting it into attacking you. I find it weird that Demolysts, despite being heavily armed, never do anything to remove the Tenno as a threat and continue to run blindly forward.

Edited by SenorClipClop
  • Like 1

13 часов назад, SenorClipClop сказал:

While this is also kinda true, the fact that Demolysts are CC-immune makes Conduit time limits kinda hollow, and pares down yet another mission type to "just unload butt-tons of damage". Why is there even a timer on the Conduit anymore if after a handful of seconds, Salad releases an unimpedable Demolyst on its destruction mission? It'd be nice if we were able to outlast the Demolyst and keep it off the Conduit until the timer ran down. The Demolyst could be CC-resistant (vastly reduced durations on stuns, snares etc; reduced effect of slows), and/or we could find ways of distracting it or otherwise putting it off course*, until the Conduit completed its thing. That way we'd have an alternative method to achieving victory. A less efficient one (takes longer to complete the round), but then we have options other than just another DPS-race.

You can outlast a demo. You can chain-CC it with different CC types, you can switch teleport it to oblivion along a hallway. It can just get stuck. I once had to actively hunt for a demo and managed to kill it 3 seconds before the timer went down. It's just i think you don't get points for outlasting the Demo, but you still get rotation rewards.

The way this game works.  if it isn't a bullet sponge, or have a immunity phase, it's just plowed through in one hit. 

you can't make anything interesting in this game without major hp or an immunity. 

you can't "make it do unique things" because we would blow it up before it does anything. 
you can't "make it more challenging" without it one shotting us or the objective. 

Welcome to the games design. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was so excited for a new game mode in Warframe but the disruption missions have become something that I played to get the rewards in the initial release and then have never touched again.  The reason for that is that they are boring, I thought they could be fun and exciting but no it's another bullet sponge boss who you can't use any of your warframe powers on.  It's boring, there is no reason to take anything other than a purely self buffing Warframe to a disruption mission as the only enemies that count can't be affect by your abilities at all.

It's a giant yawnfest frankly.  I have much disappoint.

Has anyone tried...just using weapons?

The only warframe abilities I use in Disruption are defensive or heal / buff ones.

Of course I dunno how long OP is talking about. I've never stayed longer than 6 rounds / waves.

But I've never had any problem taking down Demolysts with just my weapons. In fact, I've come across tougher enemies in the Index.

On 2019-05-27 at 7:18 AM, z3roblade said:

Bullet sponge bosses that are immune to all Warframe abilities are the most lazy way of adding any content, imho. They just take the frame away from Warframe and it just becomes War, since ofc you're gonna use the frame that has self damage buff to kill them with weapons.

They take a unique game and turn it into just another shooter.

To me it makes total sense that a technological people like the corpus would try to use that tech to counter our warframe abilities, especially after we kill them by the millions everyday.  Also the demolyst are far from immune.  Granted I only went up to about 5k level score but at no point did I have trouble downing the demolyst. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

To me it makes total sense that a technological people like the corpus would try to use that tech to counter our warframe abilities,

Sure. Doesn't make virtually invalidating the abilities of something like over half the 'Frame roster against them any less dreadful game design.

On 2019-05-27 at 2:02 PM, Steel_Rook said:

While I agree with this in principle, Demolysts are a unique situation. They aren't just combat bosses, but rather suicide rushers. Being able to stop them in place essentially undermines their entire design. And considering the Demolysts are literally the only thing capable of destroying a Conduit in the time allotted, undermining them undermines the entire game mode. While that's not always a bad thing, making Demolysts vulnerable to control turns the entirety of Disruption into a gear check. Do you have hard control? If so, you win. If not, come back when you do.

I honestly don't see any way to make the Disruption game mode work without making Demolysts ability-immune. There are far too many ways to cheese them otherwise.

Ya but it makes doing 2 keys at the same time very hard

10 minutes ago, FlusteredFerret said:

Thats why you carry weapons too...

At which point what frame you use becomes largely irrelevant unless it has features advantageous to survivability and/or muh deeps in the grossly null-heavy Disruption environment, and dealing with the Demos essentially a pure gear DPS check (with some added luck factor related to how close the bugger gets before someone spots it).

That sure sounds like a recipe for loadout variety and F U N!!

This may come as a shock but now that the event's over I personally have zero intention and interest in touching that BS cluster**** of a mode again, BTW.

Edited by Viridias

On 2019-05-27 at 9:02 AM, Steel_Rook said:

While I agree with this in principle, Demolysts are a unique situation. They aren't just combat bosses, but rather suicide rushers. Being able to stop them in place essentially undermines their entire design. And considering the Demolysts are literally the only thing capable of destroying a Conduit in the time allotted, undermining them undermines the entire game mode. While that's not always a bad thing, making Demolysts vulnerable to control turns the entirety of Disruption into a gear check. Do you have hard control? If so, you win. If not, come back when you do.

I honestly don't see any way to make the Disruption game mode work without making Demolysts ability-immune. There are far too many ways to cheese them otherwise.

I want them to work like Sentient adaptations work.

Have repeated use of powers become slowly less effective.  It fits lore this way and creates better scaling.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, (PS4)Ashagin said:

To me it makes total sense that a technological people like the corpus would try to use that tech to counter our warframe abilities, especially after we kill them by the millions everyday.  Also the demolyst are far from immune.  Granted I only went up to about 5k level score but at no point did I have trouble downing the demolyst. 

I did 8k with randoms the first time I entered endless. That's not the point. The point is you just stand there going pew-pew with your weapon and ignore your warframe skills. That's just boring.

19 hours ago, Viridias said:

That sure sounds like a recipe for loadout variety and F U N!!

This type of complaint only makes sense when read as "it does demand variety of loadout, just not the sort of variety that I want it to have, which is limited to these 3 frames and 2 weapons". 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, z3roblade said:

I did 8k with randoms the first time I entered endless. That's not the point. The point is you just stand there going pew-pew with your weapon and ignore your warframe skills. That's just boring.

Literally only one enemy type that you might have to use guns for (I just used Valkyr claws).  If you are just standing shooting and getting board that’s your fault for standing shooting.

On 2019-06-12 at 11:26 AM, FlusteredFerret said:

Has anyone tried...just using weapons?

The only warframe abilities I use in Disruption are defensive or heal / buff ones.

Of course I dunno how long OP is talking about. I've never stayed longer than 6 rounds / waves.

But I've never had any problem taking down Demolysts with just my weapons. In fact, I've come across tougher enemies in the Index.

Been using weapons on them(occasionally magus lockdown) and found the perfect element combo to deal with both robot and crewman demolyst, viral electric build hits both types hard and perfect for the team to focus them when the viral proc hits. Makes me wonder do people ever scan enemies and check their stats?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (XB1)The Neko Otaku said:

Been using weapons on them(occasionally magus lockdown) and found the perfect element combo to deal with both robot and crewman demolyst, viral electric build hits both types hard and perfect for the team to focus them when the viral proc hits. Makes me wonder do people ever scan enemies and check their stats?

I have them segregated on different weapons. Hit with the viral on the primary, then swap to secondary for rad damage. 

From the runs I've been on, if 4 players generally pitch in, getting to 4k is just a waiting game. The major factor is just finding them early, and hitting them hard. 

Only thing I don't like about them is how sometimes they go from normal speed to MACH 5 SPRINTING at the target...maybe its just a thing on the Switch version but I swear I've lost as many points to those things suddenly channeling the flash than I have to teammates not shooting them (which is also a large number of points lost).

On 2019-05-27 at 6:02 AM, Steel_Rook said:

While that's not always a bad thing, making Demolysts vulnerable to control turns the entirety of Disruption into a gear check. Do you have hard control? If so, you win. If not, come back when you do.

It's not that I disagree with this statement, it's just that you're implying Demolysts aren't already a gear check. Because they totally are. Do you have Prime weapons w/ Slash + Crit build? You win. If not, come back when you do

Actually, I might be a little bit wrong about that: are they susceptible to Viral and Cold procs? If so, I retract my objection (The wiki still isn't quite comprehensive about them yet)

10 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

It's not that I disagree with this statement, it's just that you're implying Demolysts aren't already a gear check. Because they totally are. Do you have Prime weapons w/ Slash + Crit build? You win. If not, come back when you do.

I don't know. I got 4000 points on the event using just my Opticore Vandal built for Fortuna, so no real status procs to speak of (my Opticore is built for Crit). I guess that does depend on how high you want to go, but I spent 40 minutes in there and ended up fighting Demolysts into the high 80s before I had to pull out, since my weapon was starting to become ineffective. That is to say that - yes, Demolysts are a DPS check in the same way as most of the game is, but you still have to actually DO that damage. For a Crit build especially, you have to land those headshots, you have to find the Demolyst early enough - there's gameplay involved.

By contrast, letting my Dessication or Scarab Swarm work on Demolysts would make them entirely trivial almost regardless of what I do, in much the same way as I can trivialise your average Nox even at high level. I suppose certain high-level weapons might have a similar effect by one-shotting these guys, but none of the weapons myself and my group of friends have are capable of doing that. If we don't engage the Demolyst early enough, we typically can't do enough damage.

I would like slower pulses but they are hardly immune to everything.

I do think they should be affected by things like Bastille as long as these fast pulses occur, as they have a sligh peroid when effects dont affect them (proven  by how equinox slow takes a moment to reapply.

Would be a nice buff for pure cc frames like vauban to be so good in disruption.

Its not that vauban is bad but that nothing benefits his CC focused power set.