Shady_Isac

The New Strange Bug (Does anyone know how to fix?)

Question

Posted (edited)

Recently I've been trying to do the New Strange quest but on the part where you're supposed to synthesize 3 elite arid lancers I've gotten stuck on 1/3 scanned. I have done the quests more than 5 times but it won't go from 1/3 elite arid lancers synthesized to 2/3. I have looked at every video on youtube I can and I am completely sure that I am doing everything correctly. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this "bug" or what the problem is? This is very important for me since if I dont do this quest I won't be able to progress to Saturn, therefore ruining the game completely for me. Please help.

+I've posted this on PC Bugs also but I wanted to see if anyone in the community knew how to fix this.

2019-05-27 18:03 I fixed the bug by reinstalling warframe and doing Ares 1-2 times again (while having The New Strange as an active quest of course).

Edited by Shady_Isac
  • Upvote 1

16 answers to this question

very silly question but are you definetly scanning the lancer the simaris picks out for you on the mission (ie. scan the four points)?

Just a friend of mine run into a problem when they just scanned random lancers for this.  also you would not have the weekly target from simaris for the same Lancers.

just guessing

I am sure I’ve been scanning all four points and when I scan one completely It says 1/3 on my screen so im pretty sure I’m doing everything right.

Posted (edited)

I had this happen a couple of weeks ago with a regular Simaris task. No matter how many Corrupted Ancients I scanned that Saturday it never went past 1/2 (at least I still got the rep). The issue went away on its own by Sunday and I finally finished the task.

@Shady_Isac Did you actually do anything to fix it? Or is waiting it out the only option for the next unlucky fellow who gets hit by this bug?

Edited by Dankeerd

23 minutes ago, Dankeerd said:

I had this happen a couple of weeks ago with a regular Simaris task. No matter how many Corrupted Ancients I scanned that Saturday it never went past 1/2 (at least I still got the rep). The issue went away on it's own by Sunday and I finally finished the task.

@Shady_Isac Did you actually do anything to fix it? Or is waiting it out the only option for the next unlucky fellow who gets hit by this bug?

@Dankeerd After I reinstalled the game I went to ares (the location of where you were supposed to scan them) and scanned the target, as usual it said 1/3 on top of my screen so I thought it was'nt fixed but when I returned to my orbiter instead of the quest saying I should scan 3 elite arid lancers it stood "Return to Simaris", so no, I have no idea what i did to fix it.

Posted (edited)

I'm currently having that same problem, I'm going to give the game a nice 10 minute rest, logged off and such. Then ill go back in with my best foot forward and we shall see what happens. if that doesn't work then the next step would be to verify the files through steam. I really don't want to have to reinstall....

Realized that there isn't a verify and now ive resorted to reinstalling 😞

Edited by dantezer

I'm having the same problem.  I'm stuck on 2/3 scanned.  Is my only option reinstalling. Cuz I really don't want to spend that time doing that.

• Upvote 1

I'll let you know in like 40 minutes, still downloading...

Ill do a run through the mission and let you know. ill be glad if it does fix it but damnnnnn what a pain in the keister.

No luck, did it another 3 times and still didn't fix it....not sure what the other guy did specifically but im at a loss.

14 hours ago, pmsquared said:

I'm having the same problem.  I'm stuck on 2/3 scanned.  Is my only option reinstalling. Cuz I really don't want to spend that time doing that.

@pmsquared The only way to fix it atm (that I know of) is reinstalling the game and doing the ares mission 1-3 times completely (do not abort, complete the mission, and of course have the New Strange as an active quest) and even if it says just 1/3, go to your orbiter and check if the quest says that you should go back to cephalon simaris.

Posted (edited)

Same problem here can;t fix it with suggested methods please help 

Also i have now used all the scanner;s and traps, where can i get more??
I have done this like 20 times now please fix your game

Edited by Patch747
  • Upvote 1

simaris in thee relay will sell you more scanners and traps console to the right of him in the relay.  Are you sure your getting the ones simaris is highlighting

I believe I’ve fixed it I’m on PS4 all I did was close application and start it back up when I check navigation it said to visit simaris I was stuck on 1/3 before restarting application