Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wisp Files Now Available!

Wisp Files are officially available in the Steam Workshop! 

Much like Revenant, she is made using new tech, so there are some missing textures in her ZIP file. It’s on you as the creator to make these maps yourself without any reference files.

Below is a list of what is included in the ZIP: 

• Normal
  • Emissive
  • Tintmask
  • Body and Helmet meshes

To be clear, you are expected to still make the specular, roughness, and diffuse maps -- we simply can’t send you a reference for comparison.

IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT CLOTH:

Wisp’s helmet textures in-game are much larger than usual -- 2048 x 1024 VS 1024 x 512. This is because of the extra mesh that extends down her front and back to form a cowl. You are not obligated to include draping cloth along her back and/or front for your helmet, but if you decide to make a cloth-less helmet, the helmet resolution is then limited in-game to 1024 x 512.

The polygon count is still limited to 5000, even with added cloth. 

Back Cloth Clarifications:

• Will use cloth physics
  • Do not include any hard details since that will affect how it hangs and drapes.
  • Keep it simple -- this is not a Syandana, and it should not act as such!
  • Try to keep it within the boundaries of her default helmet in terms of length. 
  • Optional!

Front “Cloth” Clarifications:  

• Does not use cloth physics -- is bone rigged!
  • Must have similar polygon density to the rest of the helmet to allow it to move with the head/neck movements.
  • Try to keep it within the boundaries of her default helmet in terms of length, so it will work properly with chest / shoulder armor attachments.
  • Optional!
  • The body beneath this cloth must be properly textured so it can work with helmets that do not include a similar mesh.

If you have any questions, please ask them in this thread!

Can't wait to see what you all come up with. :community:

Edited by [DE]Taylor
added clarity about in-game vs authored resolutions
  • Like 13

4 hours ago, gekkougabutt said:

This is awesome and I've been waiting to see new Wisp Tennogens would be like, but are we gonna get any news regarding the already existing Tennogen in round 16 too?

It will be out when it's ready, and announced on the main website. We just have to be patient, as always

2 hours ago, SpiralViper said:

It will be out when it's ready, and announced on the main website. We just have to be patient, as always

Nothing wrong with having to wait, but I do just wish we had some sort of idea of when to expect it/how long to wait for, that's what I meant by the question, big updates like the Jovian Concord got some updates on it and an estimate of "next week" before release, I was hoping maybe someone at DE working on Tennogen could provide something similar, like all the info [DE]Taylor was kind enough to provide so far on both this round and unaccepted items but regarding this instead, maybe I'm just uninformed and there's an obvious reason they can't state that that I've completely missed and it makes me look like an idiot for asking, but then in that case it'd be nice to know what that is as well. 🤔

Quick update for clarity!

21 hours ago, [DE]Taylor said:

Wisp’s helmet textures in-game are much larger than usual -- 2048 x 1024 VS 1024 x 512. [...] If you decide to make a cloth-less helmet, the helmet resolution is then limited in-game to 1024 x 512.

The larger resolution is for in-game instead of authored. You can author your pieces at 4084 x 2048 if you wish (for those with cloth). Clothless helmets will use the regular authored 2048 x 1024 and in-game 1024 x 512 resolutions. Sorry for any confusion here!

31 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

Hoping to see a tennogen artist get inspired and do something that has a Black Mage from FF vibe to it. I drew up a concept myself for such an alt helm, but I'm no 3d artist.

unknown.png

already started on something like that on Friday.

• Like 2

Il y a 16 heures, Datam4ss a dit :

Megurine Luka instead of Miku this time???

I will keep the same colors theme as Octavia Diva and probably go with a giant braid, but it may change. I generally post wip on twitter so you can follow me there if you're interested to see https://twitter.com/lukinu_u

Il y a 13 heures, AirMaskNinja a dit :

Wisp Mithra when ?

I will go for Diva theme for Wisp, so maybe Mithra later, but it's very unlikely >.>

9 hours ago, lukinu_u said:

I will keep the same colors theme as Octavia Diva and probably go with a giant braid, but it may change. I generally post wip on twitter so you can follow me there if you're interested to see https://twitter.com/lukinu_u

I will go for Diva theme for Wisp, so maybe Mithra later, but it's very unlikely >.>

eef, Mithra looked better for her but ok

On 2019-05-28 at 5:52 PM, gekkougabutt said:

Nothing wrong with having to wait, but I do just wish we had some sort of idea of when to expect it/how long to wait for, that's what I meant by the question, big updates like the Jovian Concord got some updates on it and an estimate of "next week" before release, I was hoping maybe someone at DE working on Tennogen could provide something similar, like all the info [DE]Taylor was kind enough to provide so far on both this round and unaccepted items but regarding this instead, maybe I'm just uninformed and there's an obvious reason they can't state that that I've completely missed and it makes me look like an idiot for asking, but then in that case it'd be nice to know what that is as well. 🤔

Just doesn't seem to have ever been a thing. The team overseeing tennogen is small, and I can imagine that posting updates with an ETA would take time away from actually getting the content delivered

• 1 month later...
Le 23/07/2019 à 17:46, [DE]Taylor a dit :

There was a small issue with Wisp's UVs, and fixed files are now available for download! Make sure you grab them if you're working on a Wisp skin. 🙂

As long as the UV changes, there are a few shapes modifications to the body. They are not significant, but enough to require additionnal work on already done high poly before baking.
Was this intended ?

dfsqsdffdsdsqf.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...