Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, What Is It That's Keeping You Playing?

Luminati07

Making this thread out of curiosity.

I have a couple of reasons to stick around.

First, the obvious one, I spent $250+ on the game already.

To be honest, though, I could easily walk away from it despite that. The money is gone already, being tied down to a game because of that reason isn't something I'm interested in doing.

Second, the dev team.

While DE has certainly made some...Less than agreeable changes, I still have faith in them.

After coming from Tribes: Ascend (Ugh, Hi-Rez) and BF3 (Ugh, DICE), DE is such a bright light in the darkness.

DE and CD Projekt Red are definitely my favourite dev teams out there.

Lastly, my main reason.

My clan.

I remember building 'The Unsent' up from scratch. We've come such a long way, and I'd never just leave them behind.

The people are awesome, and the game is 1000x more enjoyable with them.

I have a feeling I'd have quit long ago if I was only playing with strangers, and I'd just feel terrible if I left the clan behind.

There we go.

So, what are the main reasons for you sticking around?

You simply have fun playing? Want to see what comes in the future? Clan? Friends?

Edited by Nugget_

The alerts and as DarkReaver mentionned, working to get the stuff instead of buying it outright. Especially since I'm aiming for getting every frame and weapon that is currently available (aside from missed one-time weapons like Braton Vandal). Only missing Mag Prime and several weapons atm.

Thing is, if you play 8 hours straight, you'll burn yourself out; I usually play 2 to 3 hours non-continuously a day. The pace is good, you don't get tired of playing and the game remains fun. Also, I don't mind playing with PUGs when my clanmates are offline or busy unless there's an elitist d**che in the PUG, no matter their MR.

Edited by Wiegraf

The sheer excitement of building frames, discovering and using their abilities, fighting through waves of enemies to get to a decent and reputable boss battle, with a near endless level of content, this game has to be one of the best out there.

Atleast for me.

The challenge, to overcome the power that my friends currently possess, and to assist younger members in their quest through the system.

To master certain warframes, and prove that mastery through my vast knowledge of their skills and uses, along with being able to solo almost any mission with them.

And of course, to eventually reap the reward.

I have had a strange experience with Warframe. I took a break from it (for 3 months planning on quitting the game) right before update 8.0 I want too say. But the 5reason I came back and the reason I stay is because of numerous reasons, but above all else my friends. This is the only F2P game that me and my friends have found that we all genuinely enjoy and play regularly. We all have different play styles but we all like too play together. I have a clan that is 12 members big, we have researched everything except the new infested stuff that just came out. It helps too have a goal, yes, but a game shouldn't just be about the grind, it should be replayable for just itself. The core aspects of the game, the shooting, the parkour-melee-into-WARFRAME-ability, combo should be fun enough that it keeps us coming back. And that is what keeps me coming back.

Hello! My main reason to play is that small future possibility to improve this game with fan stuffs. This game is a community game and peoples "can" develop the devs with ideas if they let us later we can do the same with less stress to the devs. Other hand i like this game atmosphere and this structure could be more interesting if they able to contribute more.

Reasons why not like is. Sometimes the community beign mad and no have any emphaty to each other so that's a bit shamy thing here. Clan gaming sometimes not succes here and have many persons who doesn't like your playstyle. Other one is i have many games what i like to play and this one sometimes just eat my time.

Lastly, my main reason.

My clan.

Pretty much the same sentiments here, along with the core WF gameplay which is I still find engaging for the most part (I'm kinda adapting to the stamina changes, but worried about the increased focus on PvP which I couldn't care less about). If I were still a solo player I'd probably have burned myself out a long time ago. 

Ever since I started using Teamspeak for my clan a couple of weeks ago, it's now indispensable to me and I look forward to logging on and chatting with clanmates every day. There's always something to do be it helping others with boss runs, setting a new bar in the leaderboards, or just goofing around with experimental builds.

There's a lot of stuff that I can work for. Although I have bought some Warframes and Weapons, I mean more like, creating other Warframes and Weapons, collecting modules, building your own clan, trying to get the number one spot on the leaderboard, just to name a few.

I still have few throwaway weapons to level. Still have few empty weapon slots (thanks to Alienware). After I've filled those probably gonna forma some of my stuff and then move on. Maybe come back during events. Probably still gonna login every day just to get my 2400 suit xp for my maxed frames. Also the lack of p2w is one of major reasons why I've played this much already.

Nothing atm. Collected a few frames, loads of weps and even put a few monies down for some plat. 350 hours so far.

But with this latest grind-fest update that changes many of the rules and this 'promised' armour revamp that's going to totally change the combat system (yeah, lol, sure) I just can't be bothered any more. I went on holiday for a week, came back and downloaded the updates, gave it a try and now i'm bored.

Moved on to some of the games I got during the steam sale. Maybe I'll come back one day but for now I think I've broken the cycle. Now all I have to do is stop checking the damn twitter feed... :P