Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Left In The Dust?

SirJockstrap

Question

Started playing for the first time yesterday and the game seems like it has a lot of promise. I am however having trouble in most of the matches I go into where the rest of the people I am grouped with will go flying off ahead and leave me on my tod at the back trying to figure out where to go. I have had several matches where ill be there with my starter gear and the others will have flaming swords glowing armour and floating cubes following them then promptly disappear into the distance, despite my best efforts to keep up. There also seems to be a pretty big lack of communication going on as I will often type stuff in chat and have yet to ever receive a reply.

Is this normal or am I just unlucky/bad at gamez/both?

11 answers to this question

You're new, don't feel bad about lagging behind.  Once you learn each individual tile (which won't take very long), you'll have a much easier time keeping up with the rushers.  Give it time.

And about the chat; some people like to talk, some don't.  Just a case by case basis.  You'll find plenty of people who'll want to chat and plenty of people will ignore you.

You're not bad/unlucky, you're just new.  Welcome by the way :D

That's normal. You're unlucky getting matched with people who want to rush the mission and probably have a maxed/upgraded Rush Mod.

If I want to rush a mission, I usually do it Solo or with some friends. When I play online, I always try to look for the lower level players, except if they derp around too much.

Unfortunately, this is normal in online mode.

Suggestion: Find a clan, chat it up with people in clan chat, and run with those people. You'll find your experience to be generally more rewarding.

Also: New player startup is really harsh right now. If you can get your hands on a serration and hornet strike mod, focus on leveling those first and you'll have an easier time with content.

OP, this might be of some use to you as a new player. It's a free braton (straight upgrade to the Mk1 that will make your life a bit easier) and some exp/credit boosters.

http://raptr.com/dashboard/rewards/warframe-starter-pack

As for keeping up, what's been said so far is right. Learn the maps and get a feel for the movement system and you'll be fine. It took me a couple of days before I realised that wall running was a thing.

Started playing for the first time yesterday and the game seems like it has a lot of promise. I am however having trouble in most of the matches I go into where the rest of the people I am grouped with will go flying off ahead and leave me on my tod at the back trying to figure out where to go. I have had several matches where ill be there with my starter gear and the others will have flaming swords glowing armour and floating cubes following them then promptly disappear into the distance, despite my best efforts to keep up. There also seems to be a pretty big lack of communication going on as I will often type stuff in chat and have yet to ever receive a reply.

Put it on private for the first mission or two. Get a feel for the maps and the layout.

The other alternative would be to just sprint/slide with them and let them do all the work. That probably won't be any fun for you.

Just started myself and get some of those from time to time. Decided to solo some of the early stuff to get a better feel for the control, enemy AI, and how the maps roll. I've found I like to stealth around a bit more and practice shooting that way. It also helped me be able to identify certain things like the storage containers for health, affinity etc.  etc.