Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Eidolon Frames to invest on?

IsAmMonke

Question

Hey everyone. So I have always been playing random eidolon frames that aren't very good and probably have no forma on. I have kind of wasted the aura forma on wisp but i guess thats fine but which frame should i invest into? I dont want to invest into frames that are heavily used such as Chroma, Trinity etc. Could you guys please help me on who to invest on and who is worth putting a bunch of forma on? thanks!

Edited by JayKBeCringe

13 answers to this question

The only necessary edio frame is Volt really, rest are just convenience/personal preferences. And Volt doesn't really need anything special for eidos. Just an ability to carry CP and spam shields.

If you want to waste formas for Eidolons, look at formaing auras into naramon polarity.

As for specific non-meta frames that will get you funny looks from the rest of the squad, but can technically work under certain conditions, there are Ivara (preferably with rivened Sancti Castanas for 100%CC and good CD and rivened Mutalist Quanta for single-shot-triple-bubble), Titania (has a hard time with the head phase when no Harrow), Octavia (not even sure how people use her, but supposedly the multishot buff is the culprit), Umbra-all-the-things Excal with a fully blinged out Paracesis.

Current Eidolon meta is:

• DPS - Chroma/Rhino
  • Immunity - Harrow
  • Healing - Trinity
  • Shields - Volt

They are meta for a reason, but if you really want to swap roles here are some alternative frames:

• DPS - Octavia, Ivara, Wisp, Titania?
  • Immunity - Limbo, Oberon
  • Healing - Oberon
  • Volt cannot be switched.

14 hours ago, JayKBeCringe said:

However chroma is more efficent sadly

for 99.9% of Players, it doesn't matter whether Warframe A or B is efficient. there's so many ways to oneshot each phase, specific Warframes are basically irrelevant.
because once you're oneshotting the phase, doing slightly more Damage with A vs B - is irrelevant. and oneshotting phases is easy once you have double buffs. since there's 4 Players, having double buffs is pretty easy. if peoples' buffs are on the weaker side (due to Mods not being pushed as high), then you can do triple buffs.

Volt is the only required Warframe. everything else is free to be exchanged with whatever, based on the skill level of the Players playing in the Session.
ofcourse, Volt is also the most complicated role to play. Volt has a lot to do in an efficient Squad, via keeping Shields available around in some places for the Health phase in addition to having a Shield or two to use for the Shield phase.

i have oneshot Shield+Health phases with blueberries(random Players) with basically every Warframe in the game present. Players knowing what to do, and having Focus tools to offer to the session, and having decent Guns.... makes a bigger difference than a specific Warframe.

all that matters is that the Warframe(s) you decide you want to use for Eidolon Hunting, are ones you like the toolset that they offer to it.
(whether that be Damage buffs, Damage Resistance/immunity - hopefully for more than just you but it's not required, Healing, Et Cetera. there's a lot of Warframes that provide one or multiple of these tools)
combine that with having Focus tools to offer, and with a strong understanding of how the phases of Eidolon Hunting work.

also please for the love of god have a basic understanding of what the different Warframes in the game do. i've seen countless Players that can't comprehend even the simplest things like shoot through the freaking Electric Shields you literally do more Damage shooting through them, stop moving away from the Shields spammed everywhere and specifically avoiding them and then doing garbo Damage.

trinity and oberon are the only two frames that can effectively solo tridolons without having to micromanage lures constantly. volt, chroma, mirage/ivara dps if you're feeling frisky. rhino if you have issues with dying a lot but still want to be somewhat useful with a team buff.

curious why you put aura forma on wisp? which auras are you switching between?