The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Help fixing my Umbral Nidus build

(PSN)SlyFox5679

Question

8 answers to this question

Would use Adaptation in your Vazarin Slot over Power Drift, TBH. But in that case I would rather build some efficiency instead of energy pool as your returns from getting shot decrease for an equivalent level. Doesn't really matter though.

For Arcanes I would personally recommend Grace or Avenger.

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Would use Adaptation in your Vazarin Slot over Power Drift, TBH. But in that case I would rather build some efficiency instead of energy pool as your returns from getting shot decrease for an equivalent level. Doesn't really matter though.

For Arcanes I would personally recommend Grace or Avenger.

I would use grace if i had it lol 

i haven't farmed eidolons in awhile 

swapping power drift out for adaptation i go from 196 to 181 strength

the energy cost isn't too much of a problem but with a big enough pool its easy and i can energy dash so constant uptime on regening energy

my other build No photo description available.

Why use his augment? Nidus is one of those frames that grows as needed. There's not much reason to increase stack gains.

I don't use Umbra on Nidus cuz well... they don't fit right. He's one of the few who can use all three as well making it more difficult.

For a quick comparison using Adaptation will give you more survival than all three set mods together.

The rest is a bit of preference mixed with late level experience. Most will want to go Guardian x2 for highest eHP possible but relying on Hunters / Rage for energy gains can become problematic, esp with Leech Eximus. I find it's not really possible with Blind Rage unless you also use Primed Flow. Technically at highest end of Nidus performance he also doesn't use gun damage, he uses guns for status so his Virulence can do that mighty 180k per stomp damage. Weapon Arcanes are pointless as a result.

It all depends how you're playing. I can tell you at high end Nidus doesn't fit right trying to use Umbras and at low end it hardly matters. Personally I use an Energize set and a Grace or Guardian set. The Energy leech is almost constant past lvl 200, esp with Grineer so you need those procs along with Primed Flow to keep stomping. Nidus also has a decent amount of CC and distraction so I find it's better to rely on myself and my own kill rate rather than hoping enemies hit me hard enough.

EDIT: Oh also the amount of Power Strength you have directly relates to how far Nidus can scale. I've compared 235% Power build which started to fall off around lvl 300 and a 324% Power build which started to cap out around lvl 450.

Edited by Xzorn

5 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Why use his augment? Nidus is one of those frames that grows as needed. There's not much reason to increase stack gains.

I don't use Umbra on Nidus cuz well... they don't fit right. He's one of the few who can use all three as well making it more difficult.

For a quick comparison using Adaptation will give you more survival than all three set mods together.

The rest is a bit of preference mixed with late level experience. Most will want to go Guardian x2 for highest eHP possible but relying on Hunters / Rage for energy gains can become problematic, esp with Leech Eximus. I find it's not really possible with Blind Rage unless you also use Primed Flow. Technically at highest end of Nidus performance he also doesn't use gun damage, he uses guns for status so his Virulence can do that mighty 180k per stomp damage. Weapon Arcanes are pointless as a result.

It all depends how you're playing. I can tell you at high end Nidus doesn't fit right trying to use Umbras and at low end it hardly matters. Personally I use an Energize set and a Grace or Guardian set. The Energy leech is almost constant past lvl 200, esp with Grineer so you need those procs along with Primed Flow to keep stomping. Nidus also has a decent amount of CC and distraction so I find it's better to rely on myself and my own kill rate rather than hoping enemies hit me hard enough.

So in other words i just wasted some formas and time to make a good build to play with. well S#&$.

I figured with augment faster stack building helps survivability incase enemy kills me and knocks off some stacks

4 minutes ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

So in other words i just wasted some formas and time to make a good build to play with. well S#&$.

I figured with augment faster stack building helps survivability incase enemy kills me and knocks off some stacks

Nidus is a hard frame to do quick missions with. The augment kinda works for that but also doesn't.

You technically only need 16 stacks to function and the augment reinforces his campy nature but also gives him quicker stacks. It makes him more mobile I guess but if you're in a survival or something it won't matter much. If you're doing some stop and go stuff if should help but that's where one could argue you don't need 100 stacks anyways.

I spend way more forma than needed most the time myself. I don't want to make it sound like you wasted time. It's just how Nidus functions he's a god regardless under lvl 200. Pop a link and you're good to go. Nothing is going to kill him with Link up and weapons do enough damage on quick missions he doesn't need to stomp much.

2 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Nidus is a hard frame to do quick missions with. The augment kinda works for that but also doesn't.

You technically only need 16 stacks to function and the augment reinforces his campy nature but also gives him quicker stacks. It makes him more mobile I guess but if you're in a survival or something it won't matter much. If you're doing some stop and go stuff if should help but that's where one could argue you don't need 100 stacks anyways.

I spend way more forma than needed most the time myself. I don't want to make it sound like you wasted time. It's just how Nidus functions he's a god regardless under lvl 200. Pop a link and you're good to go. Nothing is going to kill him with Link up and weapons do enough damage on quick missions he doesn't need to stomp much.

I ran my sorties today using my umbral nidus build and had no problems.

I don't stay moving 100% of the time sometimes i gotta stand still and help CC/damage groups that my clan mates are having trouble with as well 16 stacks are fine mostly but i like to feel like a god so getting to 100 stacks is usually my plan in long missions lol.

yeah i get what your saying however the most time i've spent in a survival for example is 1hr maybe 1hr30min, i am a vet at the game on console for what its worth and my clan is not exactly the hardcore types that wanna spend hours upon hours in one mission they are more about put an hour in and get out and move to something else.

on a side note my clan mate used umbra mods on inaros and got nearly 8k hp which is godly hp for any frame and i thought i could do something with nidus but i suppose that could be just a dream lol. FYI i used my umbral forma on my saryn prime 😛

5 minutes ago, (PS4)SlyFox5679 said:

yeah i get what your saying however the most time i've spent in a survival for example is 1hr maybe 1hr30min, i am a vet at the game on console for what its worth and my clan is not exactly the hardcore types that wanna spend hours upon hours in one mission they are more about put an hour in and get out and move to something else.

on a side note my clan mate used umbra mods on inaros and got nearly 8k hp which is godly hp for any frame and i thought i could do something with nidus but i suppose that could be just a dream lol. FYI i used my umbral forma on my saryn prime 😛

Yea, I just do it as a hobby to maximize build potential. I've slacked off as devoting 2-3 hours for a Solo run is just meh and the time just keeps getting longer. I make a point of not using Specters in my testing either because that makes it even longer. These days I just goof around but my character builder instincts are always there telling me to push for maximum and gear for those lvl 400+ enemies so my opinions are a bit skewed to that play style though in my experience what kills lvl 400+ kills Sorties just fine.

Nidus stomps Inaros in survival. I wouldn't worry too much about the raw eHP value. Since Nidus gets 90% of his DR from a buff and not Armor he will always get that 90% DR against any damage type where as frames like Inaros who rely on armor can have their eHP heavily reduced by Puncture / Toxic damage. Even with that perk Nidus can cap out around 100k eHP before Adaptation where as Inaros is roughly half that value.

Trinity and Nidus hold the title for beefcake frames. Excluding Immortal / Invis stuff. People ask which is better but I'd rather not say. It's too close and both are just so far beyond the others that it hardly matters with Trin also pushing 188k before Adaptation.

Personally a normal build should be fine. I use two difference ones. One is 235% Power 235% Range the other is 324% Power 145% Range. The range is nice for ambient maggot explosions and a longer Link leash but the Power build scales notably higher in damage output with a tolerable leash distance.