Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extraction improvement

BlackVortex

Current extraction is outdated and should be replaced

Right now you have to stand at the extraction point, while having to wait for the rest of your squad

This has always been the case, but since now you are able to solo extract (from certain modes) you can start the timer alone

now this doesn't seem to be such a big problem, but since the introduction of Disruption, trying to solo extract from it at times is almost impossible

For some reason the extraction timer is 1 minute(why?), mobs spawn near extraction making it impossible to just stand there, but:
- Moving out of the extraction zone resets the timer
- Switching in/out to Operator resets the timer
- New mission objective/stage change resets the timer

The last 2 tries I wasted around 10 minutes trying to extract, because the rest of the team was still inserting keys, which would remove my extraction timer every time

The fix:
- When on extraction add a text that shows: "Press X to extract now."
using this option will instantly extract you without having to wait for the timer (a bit like leaving a squad in PoE or OV but instead of getting host migration you just get instant extraction)

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jiminez_Burial said:

As long as the host is still forced to wait the minute I'll be fine with everyone else being able to force extract (and I shouldn't have to explain why).

yes, hosts never should be able to extract like that because it will cause host migration for everyone.

then again I feel like people should have the option of opting-out of being host

also I feel that auto-host migration is a terrible thing right now, sometimes I get host migrated 3 times in a row just to get the following message after the last host migration:
Connection to the host has been lost. You will be returned to the multiplayer menu.
another 3-4 minutes wasted getting chain booted from new hosts

How about you actually have to press "Yes" to start host migration, "No" being the default.

Now it sometimes seems like I'm racing against the clock to cancel host migration before it starts and you can't cancel it anymore

For the past few months this has been my biggest source of aggravation in Warframe

Today I found out that this also has a bug.

I was standing on extraction, the counter went to 0, the text for the counter faded and nothing happened
this also happened later when another player joined on extraction.

I was on extraction around the 5 minute mark, I was able to extract at the 13 minute mark

this system has wasted 8 additional minutes of my time on a 5 minute run so 160% of the expected mission time was wasted

Edited by BlackVortex