Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee 3.0 Blocking and "Rage" Suggestions

Xaiken-EN-

We haven't heard too many details on the next phase of Melee 3.0 other than how combos will be transitioning through Wukong's rework. So I thought I would share some suggestions for blocking and "Rage" they've been cooking up to replace channeling. 

Auto-block is okay but I prefer to manually block. Auto-block can also briefly lock the player from doing things which can get a bit annoying. The alt-fire key would be a good spot for the block button. Would work just like it used to with the RMB. Manual blocking also opens up a path for another combo string. Please don't have forward combos, especially if they have pauses or slow downs. They can ruin the flow of melee.

"Rage" (better name pending? I'm partial to Burst but will stick to Rage) is set to replace channeling but we haven't heard much about it. Here are my suggestions for "Rage":

• There is a "Rage" meter that charges up over time with melee kills(or hits?) filling the meter faster.
  • Activate "Rage" by charging a melee attack while manually blocking (see above blocking suggestion) when the meter is full. Should help prevent accidental "Rage".
  • For a short period of time, the player deals 50% additional melee damage.
  • Could go even further to have "Rage" only combos.
  • Previous channeling mods will give additional affects while in "Rage" at the cost of recharge speed.
  • A stretch but... an "exilus" slot could be added specifically for "Rage" mods. I doubt most players would be willing to trade a mod in their builds for something extra every so often.

Thanks for reading!