Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, where's nightwave? Stuff's completely unavailable right now.

Zentimental

I understand nightwave 1 was an experiment. As a whole, It seemed entirely new player unfriendly, and very sparse on creds to obtain needed items for non-veterans.
DE has taken a large volume of feedback on it, and says nightwave 2 will be less grindy.

I understand there was a generous gift of the Lotus weekend to try to pad this, but as of right now it has since been more than a week since season 1 ended.
The main issue I'm seeing right now, due to the entire absence of any nightwave, is that these are unavailable for the most part to players that still need/want them until the next wave:
-normal Vauban
-Auras
-non Gift potatoes
-free weapon skins
-Warframe alt helmets
-9 alert only weapons

Edited by Zentimental
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Cubic Clem said:

Or.. scrap nightwave, bring back alerts, improve them instead of dumping them and give us those gimmicks via old, fun and new events. :3

Nightwave isn't a huge problem in and of itself. Comes with the possibility of spicing life up. Just kinda silly that there should be downtime when there never used to be.

Alerts returning between Nightwaves would be a good compromise.

I liked them and I like Nightwave. Though I didn't have a problem with the implementation personally, I can see that a bunch of people did so changes will be accepted.

The only thing I wish is that sometimes Nora would play some tennotunes, or snippets of them.
We've had player art added to the archives for use in decorating our landers.
It'd be a nice way to reward some of the content creators who've put effort into making songs.
Picking out a few thematically appropriate ones (or snippets of them that fit well with whatever passes for music in the origin system these days).

I know some tunes wouldn't fit, but then I have been in mission listening to different octavias playing "never gonna give you up", "all star" by smash mouth and even one playing the theme from "doom", so...

p3FJ6jJ.jpg

They should have already had a built in intermission "season".

Dailies keep rolling in, maybe 3 dailies a day. no weeklies or elite. But its stuff like "do a grineer mission over lvl20" "do a corpus mission over lvl30" not "do a emote".  for 1k rep.

No credit store.

Each rank is a whopping 1k rep. and its random sortie like loot table reward per rank.

uncommon/rare (nitain x1) resources with credits and filler auras are common.

Nitain x5 and good auras are uncommon.

potatoes are rare.

And it goes on as long as it needs to.

Edited by Firetempest
  • Like 2

If they change to an Alert style system again, one thing I appreciated about Nightwave, that they should keep, is that you can see all the rewards and what they are. I ignored the alerts pretty often because I had no idea what they were even offering. 

I get that it's lame that certain resources and items are currently unavailable because NW isn't going on atm. That's bad on DE.

My head hurts when I read that people would rather have Alerts over Nightwave. I just can't understand that way of thinking. To each his own, I guess. Outrage culture and all that.

Just now, isolatedone said:

I get that it's lame that certain resources and items are currently unavailable because NW isn't going on atm. That's bad on DE.

My head hurts when I read that people would rather have Alerts over Nightwave. I just can't understand that way of thinking. To each his own, I guess. Outrage culture and all that.

On that note of debate; both methods of alert item delivers have/had ups and downs. The old alert system did have inconsistencies, but usually always had stuff to grab. Vets like myself could easily grab extra auras to hand out to friends and clanmates that missed them.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

If they change to an Alert style system again, one thing I appreciated about Nightwave, that they should keep, is that you can see all the rewards and what they are. I ignored the alerts pretty often because I had no idea what they were even offering. 

The rewards were listed on the left hand side of the alert itself with the description of the reward under the mission. Personally I would like to see nightwave and alerts running together at the same time as both have their ups and downs that the other system could relive but alas it appears to be a fools errand.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)wintersfrozen said:

The rewards were listed on the left hand side of the alert itself with the description of the reward under the mission. Personally I would like to see nightwave and alerts running together at the same time as both have their ups and downs that the other system could relive but alas it appears to be a fools errand.

It was still really spread out, though. It was easier for me to just look things up on google right from the alert menu. That has to be some indication of bad design.

At least the nightwave menu thing has big graphics you can just look at.

2 minutes ago, Kimimoto said:

More like Nightwave needs to not go down, you think Fortnite has a break between seasons? Doubt it

I kind of appreciate the break. I’ve had time to focus on credits, ducats and Fortuna. 

They also gave us 3 potatoes (I forget which are which) and 10 nitain as well, don’t forget.

It is to be launched simultaneously on all platforms if I remember correctly. So the hold-up is waiting for cert on consoles. I'm thinking they probably want to include the whole Jovian Concord in the same patch as well, at least on xb and ps, which may be the reason to why it's delayed in the first place. 

1 minute ago, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

It was still really spread out, though. It was easier for me to just look things up on google right from the alert menu. That has to be some indication of bad design.

At least the nightwave menu thing has big graphics you can just look at.

Possibly though your love of large graphics may be indicative of a small monitor. (the switch screen itself is rather small so if your not on a TV I think I can understand your frustration a bit more the menu seen is listed below. The graphic for the item at a glance then the reward name and amount listed under the mission type but above how long there was before the alert vanished).

Spoiler

Image result for warframe alerts

Part of the issue with nightwave from a design standpoint is that while big graphics can seam a bit flashy war frame is moving to a more minimalistic design which is going to lead to valuable information being removed because its not aesthetic. Nightwave is sort of a prime example of aesthetic over Function because at a glance you probably can't tell what any of these symbols mean if you want to know what something is your going to have to hover over/select it.

Spoiler

Image result for warframe nightwave

2 minutes ago, Zentimental said:

Potatoes reffer to silver/gold orokin reactors/catalysts

Ooh that makes sense!
... Although they're totally more sunflower seed shaped but, I get it now. (Thank you ♥ )

5 hours ago, Zentimental said:

snip

we don't know where it is or when it'll arrive at this time, apparently de fell behind on its development (as per the norm) without any back up plans for what happens during the inevitable flat periods inbetween series. they did say they'd do something to fill the void past alerts if development stalled much longer, but yet again there is no real knowledge of what they would do or when. 

de love winging it.