Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plaguewalkers (OOC)

(PSN)Razor9045

Hello roleplayers,

this is the out of character section for the roleplay. Here we will post out character sheets and discuss the roleplay.

the roleplay will be set in the dark sector timeline before Hayden Tenno, (Cold War era) while the technocyte plague is spreading across the island. 

I will use the enemies in the original game as well as enemies based upon the warframe we know today.

There will be two “teams” in the roleplay. They are the survivors, (who are trying to escape the plague by any means), and the infected (who are trying to kill or infect the survivors.)

I would prefer character sheets to be like this:

character name:

survivor or infected:

job (for survivors only. This would include: engineer, surgeon, military, etc.)

mutation: (for infected only. Please post a warframe for mutation. The infected character will receive some of its warframe abilities)

personality:

bio:

Unique traits (as an example, a survivor with a robotic arm):

how character became infected ( if he or she did):

If you have any questions, please post them on the Plaguewalkers Q&A thread.

Nice!  Here goes:

Character Name: Zachary Newman (aka Volt-Edge)

Survivor or Infected: Survivor (Partially infected)

Job: Military (Ex Navy SEAL)

Mutation: Ash (Prime with Koga Skin (Suit like what Hayden found. As to when he unlocks it is up to the GM.)

Personality: Extrovert (Even more so after partial infection (Further detail in Bio and Unique Traits)

Bio:  Zachary had always admired the Military as a young boy, especially the Navy.  When he turned 18, he joined the Navy and signed up for BUD/S, and graduated.  During his last mission, one of his teammates was wounded by one of the infected.  He hurried over and carried him over his shoulder, picking him up at first with both arms.  Sadly, his friend did not survive, and Zach was infected in both arms.  He was given medical discharge due to the infection and was expected to die shortly.  Amazingly, he didn't.  Although he survived, it affected him physically.  He'd grown unusual, blade-like growths from both his arms and was able to generate razor-sharp disks from his wrists.  He soon learned how to throw them, and soon turned them into lethal weapons.  It also affected him mentally.  Despite him already being an extrovert, it made him even more so, to the point of absurdity, causing him to be happy and joke around during even the most serious situations.  With that being said, he can be serious when he feels he needs to be, and at the mention of his dead teammate, can become very depressed.  It also made him aware of things beyond his normal comprehension, such as the 4th wall.  Upon realizing these growths and other physical changes, he was soon forced to leave and go into hiding.  Thanks to his pension, he was able to save up to buy himself high-quality weapons, consisting of dual pistols, dual machetes, ammo, and other needed supplies.  Soon the infection started to spread, and more people were turning into mindless beasts, and thus Zach decided to turn his hideout into a safe zone for remaining survivors.  Now, armed and ready for whatever challenge is thrown at him, Zach heads out of his base to search for anyone still alive after the madness...

Unique Traits: Metalic arms and arm growths, extremely talkative, jokes around a lot, even about rather serious matters.  Also seems to talk to walls, or in some random direction (breaking the 4th wall by talking to the players or GM).

How Character Became Infected: Physical contact with an infected teammate

Eventually, I was hoping my character could unlock a suit like Hayden does later on in the game.  Here's what it would look like:

TO2hJSb.jpg?23u9LhGs.jpg?1cItMUsK.jpg?1

The shoulders and back parts of the legs are thrusters, and the back part is obviously a jetpack.  The weapons he is using are the Akstilleto Prime, and the Twin Krohkur.

His helmet also folds and unfolds, similar to Hayden:

tumblr_ojh8wg0m2f1vh3qiro3_r1_400.gif

If you have any further questions about the character or comments, feel free to PM me. 🙂

Edited by Gamer4Christ

I’m going to post my OC here. You might see him in the Roleplay

Character name: Sabernus Joshua Rathmüssen

job: engineer (weapons)

personality: silent at first, but becomes increasingly extrovertive to friends. 

bio:   Due to his weak immune system, Joshua rarely contacted people outside of his family’s home. He wished to see the outdoors, but knew he could not, lest he catch a sickness. Using available parts inside his family’s home, Joshua created a robot he could wirelessly control from his room.

His family soon found the robot, roaming around their neighborhood, which gave them an excellent idea. They decided for Joshua to learn robotics. After many years, Joshua showed excellence in robotics. At 22, he earned a degree in engineering.

To his family’s horror, Joshua also expressed interests in weaponry, which earned him a job at a weapons facility, while also earning him his family’s scorn. 

Joshua became an important part of the facility, which, due to promotions, gave him access to resources to construct experimental weapons. He was going to show the fruits of his new weapon plans when he encountered the tennocyte infection.

the facility was soon overrun with the afflicted. Joshua barely escaped with his life, and somehow remained to be pure of the disease. 

Now running for his life away from the infection, Joshua uses his intelligence to evade and kill infected that cross his path.

unique traits: weak immune system, very intelligent, and a knack for robotics.

Appearance: red hair, lanky, brown eyes, scars scattered across his body, and tall.

wears a gas mask, a torn trench coat, and hiking pants

uses : pocket knife, a magnum, and a M14.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

I’m going to post my OC here. You might see him in the Roleplay

Character name: Sabernus Joshua Rathmüssen

job: engineer (weapons)

personality: silent at first, but becomes increasingly extrovertive to friends. 

bio:   Due to his weak immune system, Joshua rarely contacted people outside of his family’s home. He wished to see the outdoors, but knew he could not, lest he catch a sickness. Using available parts inside his family’s home, Joshua created a robot he could wirelessly control from his room.

His family soon found the robot, roaming around their neighborhood, which gave them an excellent idea. They decided for Joshua to learn robotics. After many years, Joshua showed excellence in robotics. At 22, he earned a degree in engineering.

To his family’s horror, Joshua also expressed interests in weaponry, which earned him a job at a weapons facility, while also earning him his family’s scorn. 

Joshua became an important part of the facility, which, due to promotions, gave him access to resources to construct experimental weapons. He was going to show the fruits of his new weapon plans when he encountered the tennocyte infection.

the facility was soon overrun with the afflicted. Joshua barely escaped with his life, and somehow remained to be pure of the disease. 

Now running for his life away from the infection, Joshua uses his intelligence to evade and kill infected that cross his path.

unique traits: weak immune system, very intelligent, and a knack for robotics.

Appearance: red hair, lanky, brown eyes, scars scattered across his body, and tall.

wears a gas mask, a torn trench coat, and hiking pants

uses : pocket knife, a magnum, and a M14.

Nice!  Hope your guy likes talkin' to ole Volty, cause's HE'S gonna be talkin' to him A LOT. 😂  Also, I didn't know we were using real-life weapons.  In that case, my guy uses dual AAI Underwater Revolvers and dual military grade machetes.  He also can use the blade-like growths on his arms as melees, not to mention the shuriken-like disks that form from his wrists.

I'll bite, mostly because I just wanna see how long this RP will last in this dead subforum. Just a heads-up though, I have no experience with Dark Sector at all, if that is fine with you.

I'll just post a sheet that I rubbished up in 15 minutes just for this.

Name: Nana Roche
Job: Survivor, construction worker
Personality: Rather serious and work-orientated, though she can be chatty at times. Has a soft spot for children and the vulnerable, and enjoys looking after others.

Bio: Raised at a shabby and poorly-funded orphanage ever since she was dropped off as an infant, Nana spent much of her life in it. She was never adopted, though that went for most of the other children. Upon adulthood, she remained for several years to staff the place she grew up in as a cook and routine caretaker, raising the children with the care and attention she felt that she could have used when she had been their age. The orphanage was shut down when she was twenty-four, and she spent the next three and a half years as a construction worker, living out of a tiny apartment. 

The outbreak of infection had not done her well. Her coworkers had tried to band together for safety, but their numbers dwindled quickly as many left to search for their families while others felt that they had better chances alone. The remainder succumbed to infection, and Nana had to personally put them down with whatever she had on hand. Now separated from everyone she had ever known, Nana's fate is uncertain, but with a strong arm and strong will, she may have a better chance than most.

Traits: Physically strong from years of manual labour. Capable with most construction and demolishing tools. Domestically-experienced and competent first-aid skills.

Appearance: Rather tall and sturdily-built at almost 6 feet, fair and freckled with a shock of dirty yellow hair. Her strong jaw and bitten-back mouth give her a perpetually solemn and serious expression, but the warmth in her brown eyes and the way she treats others do not lie. Wears an orange hard hat, padded rescuer's gloves and orange safety boots - essential equipment for her line of work. Also wears a sleeveless white top under a pocketed grey vest, and deep-pocketed black cargoes that go down to her boot. A white flu mask fastened over her face quietens her breathing.

Inventory: A small claw hammer is hooked to her belt, opposite a powder-actuated nailgun and a bag of drive nails that she looted from a nearby steelworks. Slung across her back is a 5-kilogram sledgehammer, its head still stained with the blood of the unfortunate.

Edited by Arunafeltz

1 hour ago, Arunafeltz said:

I'll bite, mostly because I just wanna see how long this RP will last in this dead subforum. Just a heads-up though, I have no experience with Dark Sector at all, if that is fine with you.

I'll just post a sheet that I rubbished up in 15 minutes just for this.

Name: Nana Roche
Job: Survivor, construction worker
Personality: Rather serious and work-orientated, though she can be chatty at times. Has a soft spot for children and the vulnerable, and enjoys looking after others.

Bio: Raised at a shabby and poorly-funded orphanage ever since she was dropped off as an infant, Nana spent much of her life in it. She was never adopted, though that went for most of the other children. Upon adulthood, she remained for several years to staff the place she grew up in as a cook and routine caretaker, raising the children the care and attention she felt that she could have used when she had been their age. The orphanage was shut down when she was twenty-four, and she spent the next three and a half years as a construction worker, living out of a tiny apartment. 

The outbreak of infection had not done her well. Her coworkers had tried to band together for safety, but their numbers dwindled quickly as many left to search for their families while others felt that they had better chances alone. The remainder succumbed to infection, and Nana had to personally put them down with whatever she had on hand. Now separated from everyone she had ever known, Nana's fate is uncertain, but with a strong arm and strong will, she may have a better chance than most.

Traits: Physically strong from years of manual labor. Capable with most construction and demolishing tools. Domestically-experienced and competent first-aid skills.

Appearance: Rather tall and sturdily-built at almost 6 feet, fair and freckled with a shock of dirty yellow hair. Her strong jaw and bitten-back mouth give her a perpetually solemn and serious expression, but the warmth in her brown eyes and the way she treats others do not lie. Wears an orange hard hat, padded rescuer's gloves and orange safety boots - essential equipment for her line of work. Also wears a sleeveless white top under a pocketed grey vest and deep-pocketed black cargoes that go down to her boot. A white flu mask fastened over her face quietens her breathing.

Inventory: A small claw hammer is hooked to her belt, opposite a powder-actuated nailgun and a bag of drive nails that she looted from a nearby steelworks. Slung across her back is a 5-kilogram sledgehammer, its head still stained with the blood of the unfortunate.

Oh boy, ole Volty's gonna be chattin' with you a lot, too!  He has a thing for kids as well!  He always dreamed of being a daddy one day, but he never had the time due to all of his training in the Navy.  Then the infection came, and... well... yeah, kinda hard to be a dad when you've got whopping, blade-like protrusions from your forearms. (Not to mention his eccentric behavior... 😂)

Also, don't worry about Dark Sector.  We got you covered on that, lore-wise. 😉

On 2019-05-31 at 3:43 PM, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

Don’t worry about the real life weapons. I have a few in mind that are from other games that might show up. 😂

Oh, goody... 😈

Edit: Also, I'm gonna change up his secondaries.  He wields dual wields submachine guns. 😎

Edited by Gamer4Christ

• 1 month later...

Sorry for not replying in a while, I've been sick for quite some time.

Ok, I'm honestly not liking where this is going.  There has to be a pause in the action somewhere, plus I was gonna add drama with Zach asking Josh about the black box, but now I can't cause you insist on more infected bashing through a nigh impenetrable military base.  Unless they have some sort of powerful explosives or something, those doors wouldn't be budging anytime soon.

I'm getting the impression that DM is trying to steer the setting away from what it is and get it back on his track, which if the case - could be done with less subtlety I guess. At this point I'm not sure who is supposed to be directing the interaction and setting we have going on here.

1 hour ago, Arunafeltz said:

I'm getting the impression that DM is trying to steer the setting away from what it is and get it back on his track, which if the case - could be done with less subtlety I guess. At this point I'm not sure who is supposed to be directing the interaction and setting we have going on here.

I don't like were he's taking it.  It's WAY to rushed.  It's not giving out characters enough time to interact, AND as I already stated, I had an idea for the story that would've added some interesting tension between the characters.

Ok, thanks for the input. I needed it. It is good to get a second opinion.

However, I do have a problem with the military base. During a crisis like the tennocyte plague, I believe that the military base would be damaged in some way (because of frequent incursions). 

Thanks again for the input. I’ll keep your input and make changes. I want this roleplay to grow. I appreciate your critiques, so just keep posting them.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

Ok, thanks for the input. I needed it. It is good to get a second opinion.

However, I do have a problem with the military base. During a crisis like the tennocyte plague, I believe that the military base would be damaged in some way (because of frequent incursions). 

Thanks again for the input. I’ll keep your input and make changes. I want this roleplay to grow. I appreciate your critiques, so just keep posting them.

That would be true, but the location of the base is away from society, where the infected would be expected, and during that time, Zachary was with a FULL TEAM of military personnel, so nothing would've gotten past the base.  Unfortunately they left due to being called into other assignments, and the fact that Zach had been living there, meaning he possibly infected the base, thus avoiding it all the more so.  With that said however, he does have some teammates who supply him with needed supplies and monetary support.

But yeah, thanks for accepting the feedback!  I'm sorry if I came across to harsh, I just wanted to feel a little more depth with the characters without every second being "Oh nO!1!!!1!  mOrE iNfEcTeD!!1!1!!!" *BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG* 🤣

By the way, now that this is resolved, can we have the infected follow them out of the base?  I have an idea on how to get the story back on track. 🙂

Edited by Gamer4Christ

15 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:

That would be true, but the location of the base is away from society, where the infected would be expected, and during that time, Zachary was with a FULL TEAM of military personnel, so nothing would've gotten past the base.  Unfortunately they left due to being called into other assignments, and the fact that Zach had been living there, meaning he possibly infected the base, thus avoiding it all the more so.  With that said however, he does have some teammates who supply him with needed supplies and monetary support.

But yeah, thanks for accepting the feedback!  I'm sorry if I came across to harsh, I just wanted to feel a little more depth with the characters without every second being "Oh nO!1!!!1!  mOrE iNfEcTeD!!1!1!!!" *BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG* 🤣

By the way, now that this is resolved, can we have the infected follow them out of the base?  I have an idea on how to get the story back on track. 🙂

Yep, we can do that. 👍

Edited by (PS4)Razor9045

From my understanding, Joshua was going to try and automate the turret or something? I don't think we got to establish that, but I'll assume that he's on the gunner's seat for the time being - though I'll leave ambiguous the bit about whether he's manually operating it or not.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Gamer4Christ said:

"No need!" said Zachary as he pulled out the massive hose.  "It's all derived from the city reservoir.  Don't worry, we've got the highest quality filtration system, so no gunk will be spittin' out of this thing, or anywhere in this facility for that matter.  But first we're gonna have to move these guys into the furnace.  We had it installed a while ago after we had a few "visitors" hop along over here.  Whelp, hope you don't mind getting your hands dirty!" he said with a laugh.

I'm a little confused here on a few things.

Was the 'massive' hose being carried with the group while running and gunning in the jeep or something?
Was the water reservoir apparently nearby and available to pump from despite Nana's observation? Or was there some other nearby outlet only known to Zachary, since if it's an ordinary fire hydrant I'm not sure how likely it'll be to tap into a supply with the 'highest quality filtration system'.
And lastly, I don't think they can realistically cart the corpses all the way back to Zachary's compound with one jeep. Most obvious solution to me would be to simply return with one load first and come back for the rest in larger and/or separate vehicles, but we could clarify that part in IC.

On 2019-07-22 at 8:56 PM, Arunafeltz said:

I'm a little confused here on a few things.

Was the 'massive' hose being carried with the group while running and gunning in the jeep or something?
Was the water reservoir apparently nearby and available to pump from despite Nana's observation? Or was there some other nearby outlet only known to Zachary, since if it's an ordinary fire hydrant I'm not sure how likely it'll be to tap into a supply with the 'highest quality filtration system'.
And lastly, I don't think they can realistically cart the corpses all the way back to Zachary's compound with one jeep. Most obvious solution to me would be to simply return with one load first and come back for the rest in larger and/or separate vehicles, but we could clarify that part in IC.

No, it was back in the garage.

Yes, and not exactly.  It's built into the building like a normal hose spigot.

They don't have to, they drove faster than they could run, so most only got at the most a few good feet away from the entrance they came pouring out of.

Still trying to work a mental picture as to the whereabouts of the furnace.  I might have it set near or in the garage.