Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ideas to clean up the leaderboard without ruining people's hard work

Midas

Hello!

I am making this topic to generate ideas to cleanup the clan leaderboard but there are a few things I am trying to figure out right now.

A lot of clans have participated in the clan operation and have worked extremely hard to ensure every member has gotten their score in, simply wiping those leaderboards would make it unrewarding for those that spent a ton of time cooperating and working to get their clan up. You have to take into account the players in certain clans that are busy and don't want to rerun the operation for points as well because they have everything from it. My suggestion to deal with the current exploit is to remove all scores above 50,000 points. Any squads that have more than one Loki/Hydroid (or simply a loki or hydroid in them) in them at the 50,000 point lines should be removed (exploits). Any group/player that did not use that frame should be able to keep their hard earned 50,000 points. (This is tricky here because you cannot prove they cheated by running those frames, but it is highly likely).

My question is, 50,000 points a good placeholder? What is a good cut off score that is "possible"?

I think this is a good idea, please provide criticism below, because this will help clans that worked hard keep their hard earned scores and remove exploiters to balance the scoring out.

Edited by Midas

4 minutes ago, Midas said:

My question is, 50,000 points a good placeholder? What is a good cut off score that is "possible"?

Before exploits were found I was seeing top scores around 30 - 40k. I think 50k would be fine.

My question: is this really worth it for DE? They will inevitably miss people that did use exploits, and they will get those that didn't. Keep in mind, there were other exploits, not just the frames. People who abused those would not get caught either. I think this would just be too much effort for DE.

• People abuse exploits in most events. When has DE done anything about it?
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, --END--Rikutatis said:

What, did DE say anywhere they were going to wipe the leaderboards? That sounds unlikely, but I have no clue. 

Also I'm fairly certain there's at least a few other exploits outside of loki and hydroid.

Lots of people are requesting if they are thinking about it I think this is a good solution.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

Before exploits were found I was seeing top scores around 30 - 40k. I think 50k would be fine.

My question: is this really worth it for DE? They will inevitably miss people that did use exploits, and they will get those that didn't. Keep in mind, there were other exploits, not just the frames. People who abused those would not get caught either. I think this would just be too much effort for DE.

• People abuse exploits in most events. When has DE done anything about it?

Yea, I kinda agree with you. There's more exploits, some of which didn't even involve specific frames. Probably too much effort without any guarantees. Personally I had a lot of fun with the event regardless. It was more about theorycrafting and testing weapons and builds in a new game mode WF never had before for me. Don't care much who exploited or didn't. WF has literally countless of exploits, bugs and glitches that have been in the game for years. It is what it is. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, kengxiaoju said:

some clans have been using bugs and unusual way to cheese it. pretty unfair for many clans and players.  50k should be the maximum score because at 40k enermies are lvl 9999 if you play in a nornal way

only rev reave and immunity can do that, however the enemy accuracy is so high that once you get dispelled = dead.

27 minutes ago, Midas said:

I think exploiting clans should be removed straight from the event scores. Anything above 40k = ban (suspension from event).

but extreme players who are full of energy and skills can do 40k or more. 

such as banshee weal points to increase dmg

void dash for immunity

some arcanes to cc the suiside bomber

and  dmg output warframe with super good riven

1 hour ago, kengxiaoju said:

but extreme players who are full of energy and skills can do 40k or more. 

such as banshee weal points to increase dmg

void dash for immunity

some arcanes to cc the suiside bomber

and  dmg output warframe with super good riven

you will die from the initial ability pulse from a decon. The accuracy of level 9999 enemies is immense. The amount of revives your team will use is too much.

Sonar is dispelled so fast it does not get a chance to spread. The only way you could make this is my protective dashing a teammate AT ALL TIMES, Thats it.

Edited by Midas

vor 3 Stunden schrieb kengxiaoju:

some clans have been using bugs and unusual way to cheese it. pretty unfair for many clans and players.  50k should be the maximum score because at 40k enermies are lvl 9999 if you play in a nornal way

I need to correct you. At 60k the enemys are 3000-4000. And yes you can get to 60k without the negativ critdmg rivens.

Honestly, I think Leaderboards should just be who got there first.  

First Terracotta, first Bronze, Silver, etc. for the clan tiers and leave the numbers out of it.  Help solve the need to use exploits to hit absurd numbers for the sake of having absurd numbers. 

• Like 2

vor 1 Minute schrieb MagPrime:

Honestly, I think Leaderboards should just be who got there first.  

First Terracotta, first Bronze, Silver, etc. for the clan tiers and leave the numbers out of it.  Help solve the need to use exploits to hit absurd numbers for the sake of having absurd numbers. 

Leaderboards are our way to give this game competition. And we have wwwwaaayyy to less options in this regard imo

24 minutes ago, Midas said:

you will die from the initial ability pulse from a decon. The accuracy of level 9999 enemies is immense. The amount of revives your team will use is too much.

Sonar is dispelled so fast it does not get a chance to spread. The only way you could make this is my protective dashing a teammate AT ALL TIMES, Thats it.

There are other ways.

vor 1 Minute schrieb kengxiaoju:

de should check if any players used negative crit riven for the mission.

check the time to kill suiside bomber

check dmg done to see if they use loki hydro to cheese.

then remove scores 

ban negative ctrit users

Even WHEN they remove the scores. The scoreboards would look quite the same. maybe 1 or 2 changes.

24 minutes ago, -VS-Zany said:

Leaderboards are our way to give this game competition. And we have wwwwaaayyy to less options in this regard imo

You post this as if you think I don't understand what's going on...

The current set up is purely epeen, once you've gotten the gold trophy there is nothing to show for your efforts after the leaderboards reset.  I'd like to see a better system that rewards people for getting the absurd numbers beyond "that one time, we got these numbers, but you can't see them anymore because they wipe the leaderboards once a week, but we did it!

Give out extra trophies, let the trophies gain special attributes based on score, Hek, let the clans get access to the event in their Dojo or even have the events accessible via Simaris and have the top clans get a shout out from Lord Personal Space Issues.

Just now, MagPrime said:

You post this as if you think I don't understand what's going on...

The current set up is purely epeen, once you've gotten the gold trophy there is nothing to show for your efforts after the leaderboards reset.  I'd like to see a better system that rewards people for getting the absurd numbers beyond "that one time, we got these numbers, but you can't see them anymore because they wipe the leaderboards once a week, but we did it!

Give out extra trophies, let the trophies gain special attributes based on score, Hek, let the clans get access to the event in their Dojo or even have the events accessible via Simaris and have the top clans get a shout out from Lord Personal Space Issues.

Personally I think each clan should get the trophy they earn, one of the problems is that DE's break points for these rewards are always untested. I can get 30k solo, it's not that hard. In the old days, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies were given out to actual leaderboard winners and when it was competitive, this was fine(quite a few are in the old dojo) but these days it should be possible for all clans to earn the same rewards. The leaderboards are purely for online memery and bragging rights via friendly rivalry on specific discord channels, they don't mean anything more than that. And the top 10% clans only blueprints were a bit silly, purely because I don't believe players should be able to gouge new players for a blueprint that cost them 15k credits to get...
I would also love to see a holographic board for the dojo, with the posted scores of each member, next to the event trophy. A bit of recognition for the hard work players put in for their respective clans.

1 minute ago, Zilchy said:

Personally I think each clan should get the trophy they earn, one of the problems is that DE's break points for these rewards are always untested. I can get 30k solo, it's not that hard. In the old days, 1st, 2nd and 3rd place trophies were given out to actual leaderboard winners and when it was competitive, this was fine(quite a few are in the old dojo) but these days it should be possible for all clans to earn the same rewards. The leaderboards are purely for online memery and bragging rights via friendly rivalry on specific discord channels, they don't mean anything more than that. And the top 10% clans only blueprints were a bit silly, purely because I don't believe players should be able to gouge new players for a blueprint that cost them 15k credits to get...
I would also love to see a holographic board for the dojo, with the posted scores of each member, next to the event trophy. A bit of recognition for the hard work players put in for their respective clans.

I can say right now that certain members of my clan would love to have their names on the trophy.  I would like to see the top 5 or 10 (depending on clan size) being recognized this way.

However, I'm curious what you mean by "...I think each clan should get the trophy they earn,..." as long as the clans meet the point requirements, they should be getting the trophies they've earned. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

I can say right now that certain members of my clan would love to have their names on the trophy.  I would like to see the top 5 or 10 (depending on clan size) being recognized this way.

However, I'm curious what you mean by "...I think each clan should get the trophy they earn,..." as long as the clans meet the point requirements, they should be getting the trophies they've earned. 

Well I meant that you could issue the terracotta, bronze, silver, gold etc and then perhaps a cosmetic extra for the dojo for the clans that really push. So you would have say, a breakpoint to hit for the gold trophy and then a special incentive harder target to hit for the extra goodies. A reason to go past getting the gold trophy for those clans who don't feel like they can challenge the leaderboards and therefore have no incentive to try harder.

2 minutes ago, Zilchy said:

Well I meant that you could issue the terracotta, bronze, silver, gold etc and then perhaps a cosmetic extra for the dojo for the clans that really push. So you would have say, a breakpoint to hit for the gold trophy and then a special incentive harder target to hit for the extra goodies. A reason to go past getting the gold trophy for those clans who don't feel like they can challenge the leaderboards and therefore have no incentive to try harder.

Ah, that's what I thought.

I actually addressed that in the post you initially quoted;

13 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

Personally, pushing for the Dojo/Simaris access to the event.  

I maintain that leaderboards should just be who got there first though, considering how they're wiped once a week.  Once they've been cleaned, there goes your easily accessed, in game epeen.  The only way you can show off your leaderboard placement is to have screenshots, and even those are ehhhh at conveying epeen properly. 

Edited by MagPrime