Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Visual Attachments on Guns

-Krux-

I know this has been brought up ages ago but, maybe a revisit to the idea?

Silence mods add silencers, zoom mods add scopes, ammo capacity mods add larger magazine, etc..?

ALSO, I know this one has been undone in the past but I'm not sure why and maybe should be reconsidered: Weapon silence mods make the weapon quieter.

1 hour ago, -Krux- said:

Silence mods add silencers, zoom mods add scopes, ammo capacity mods add larger magazine, etc..?

To much work to do. Let's imagine you want to make zoom mods add scopes and now you have to rework models for every weapon where zoom mods can be used. This effort could be directed into something much more productive. Also remember some weapons has really bizarre shapes. Phage with silencer? Yeah...

However weapons like Fulmin where you change gun's model when switching fire mode, that something else.

1 hour ago, -Krux- said:

ALSO, I know this one has been undone in the past but I'm not sure why and maybe should be reconsidered: Weapon silence mods make the weapon quieter.

That's actually good idea... until you realize you can suppress really weird s**t like ogris. However for rifles, pistols etc. it sounds good to me.

Edited by Zeratai

16 hours ago, Zeratai said:

That's actually good idea... until you realize you can suppress really weird s**t like ogris. However for rifles, pistols etc. it sounds good to me.

Until you realize the pile of work that would go into redoing sounds so that they sound decent and that you can't just lower the volume on it and it would sound fine.

There is not enough immersion to be gained by doing it and the work required completely eclipses the novelty factor.

@Zeratai @peterc3

I don't think either of you realize a couple of things- 1, Devs have departments and don't allocate all of their resources to one thing, ever. This would be a task like any other, your precious typical updates would keep coming.

2, It's the little things. The small details make big differences. You keep that line of thought going..and you got the next Metal Gear or Red Dead..

Idk, I won't fight you on it. I'm sure it's a bigger task than I can imagine. But these forum threads don't actually accomplish anything. This is the place of dreams. 😉

13 hours ago, -Krux- said:

@Zeratai @peterc3

I don't think either of you realize a couple of things- 1, Devs have departments and don't allocate all of their resources to one thing, ever. This would be a task like any other, your precious typical updates would keep coming.

Of course they do, but still the team responsible for tasks like this could do something different for the game in this time. However i don't think audio rework would cost DE as much as someone mentioned. Even doing something like with Loki's invisibility or Banshee's silence could be decent. Still it would be better than nothing. At least players will not forget that they use suppressed gun.

Don't get me wrong, I like this idea but still i think its too much work to do for DE to even think about it. At most we may see more guns like fulmin in the future . Also attachments like this have more sense in FPP games where you look at your gun all the time and make use of them, unlike in the TPP.

On 2019-05-29 at 12:29 AM, -Krux- said:

I know this has been brought up ages ago but, maybe a revisit to the idea?

Silence mods add silencers, zoom mods add scopes, ammo capacity mods add larger magazine, etc

Borderlands basically does this, but it's built from the ground up with modular weapon models.

It would be an insane amount of work to retro-fit that to all the guns in Warframe. How do you add a silencer to the Ignis or Gammacor? How do you add a scope to the Hema or Embolist? How do you add anything to Prime variants with all those gold loops?

With the newer modular weapons (kitguns and zaws) you can see a variant of this idea. For instance on a kitgun you can tell the fire type from the chamber, damage vs fire rate from the grip, reload vs size from the magazine and crit vs status from the toggle on the bottom of the clip.

Finally these are all utility mods, and most builds for most players just don't use them. You put on damage, multishot, status and/or crit, elements, maybe fire rate, and then your build is full. I have over a hundred weapon builds and fewer than 5 use zoom/silence/max-ammo mods (and 3 of them are side effects from riven rolls).

I think adding indication of utility mods is a nice idea, but also expensive to implement and there are better things for the devs to be working on.

Pretty good points and makes you kind of wish the weapons system had some design like the borderlands system. Not too close to it.. but to have some particular models brought up over a base weapon that all changes with mods. But yeah, as you get into it, it starts to sound pretty expensive..

Regarding that "backburner" comment - whatever the Devs have on their list, some things will literally never happen. If we knew everything on that list, we'd probably be really disappointed by some of the bottom-of-the-list ideas that may never happen (disappointed as in, wishing we could get them sooner rather than later). For a few years now, I wished DE would take just 1 year to focus on ideas that have been on the table for a long time and haven't received the priority that they should. Spend 8 or 9 months implementing things from the bottom of their list and the remainder of the year patching said things and/or patching other issues that have been around for a long time.

Just saying, we don't have to keep getting new frames and weapons every other month. In terms of actual content, the game has a plenty.. DE has had the same kind of development focus for a long time and they should probably take some time to change it up a bit. Focus on the little things.. I mean S#&$, look at the Melee Prowess mod. Look at the "mandatory" mods that people have been pitching change ideas on for years. There's no shortage of neglected topics.

Anyway..getting a little off topic. Good talk.

Imagine if they integrated the modular weapon system into all weapons making stuff like adding a "Heavy Barrel" to a Braton would change its stats changing trigger would make it fire faster or bullet type that would work like have some that do S#&$loads of damge and work like a Heavy Calliber stuff like that that would also change the visual of the weapons on some degree while also trying to delete some of the mandatory mods. I know that is pretty much impossible to do to warframe atm but they could do like they did to weapons reload animations taking some time to add stuff to the weapons models.

I want to add the attachments from my melee weapons to my other weapons.

My Redeemer Prime is in the battle for a couple of seconds, depending on who I'm currently fighting. I don't need to see a little ribbon flail around when I pull out the knife, blow someone's head off, then put it away the NANOSECOND I press the aim button. I want to put the Infested Attachment that cost me 200,000 credits and 300 Duckats onto my Lenz, or my Dual Toxocyst, because they are in a lot more fights.