Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more NW and No more Alerts

the nightwave was a half baked idea they came up with with zero thought on how to do this right repetitive challenges some that are way to over to top hard and unnecessary this was one of the worst concepts that they ever brought into the game yeah lets remove alerts minus gift of the lotus alerts so we can have this half baked under developed game mode and when the first season over with lets end it remove the shop for those who gathered a ton of wolf creds sucks to be you because your sol as well as lets decide to make a bullet sponge assassin that can show up at random and oh by the way the last week of the season where going to give you two tactical alerts to face him in for 2 days making the whole assassin part pointless all so we can get parts to get his sledge hammer witch is only worth it for mastery rank points so if this thing was to never come back and they actually took the time to think of something good to replace it would be fine by me this was terrible and never should be brought back period

This is just another reason why alerts should never have gone away. It would be fine to have a break between Nightwave seasons if we still had alerts to fill the gap. But without them, this void where so many important things are just plain unavailable is not good for the game.

Alerts should be the slow trickle source of resources like Nitain, while Nightwave provides a big boost when you need it, at the cost of possibly not getting something else you want instead.

• Like 1

More proof Nightwave is trash and should have never been a thing to begin with.

Lack of Nitain aside (which doesn't exactly bother me personally cause I stocked up on them when Alerts were a thing), Warframe is back to being super fun for me, now that Nightwave is gone. Keep it gone forever, bring back alerts!

• Like 1

admittedly, it's not a great situation for those still needing Nitain, it wouldn't kill DE to give just one daily Nitain alert for a single Nitain; drip-feeding is better than no feeding after all. this would be a temporary measure between Nightwave Seasons, once season 2 begins, it's back to getting those objectives done.

I don't really mind this gap, or atleast I didn't (because I got tons if nitain), but I've met some newbies I tried to help and once they got the prime parts to build something they looked at me and said "what's this nitain extract? How do you get it?" And I had to sadly tell them they'll have to wait until nightwave 2 comes out before they can build the warframe they want... Or they can try their luck in a 1% drop chance in a 10 minute mission for one nitian, when most builds require atleast 2 nitains...

• Like 1

How did people not manage to stock up on nitain during the 11 weeks of nightwave?

If you decided to buy other things it really isnt on DE. There are charts and lists available out there to give you all info needed on exactly how many nitain you'll need at any given time to build everything currently available. That is if you must build everything that requires nitain in one go.

Simply decide how many nitain items you wanna build each season, then buy nitains to cover that. If you think it is too much, spread it out over one more season.

Planning ahead helps alot.

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

There's an entire table listing the amounts of nitain that you need quoted in my post.

Maybe you missed it? Maybe you just didn't bother to read what was there? Maybe you didn't understand what the numbers were about? Maybe you're not sure what numbers are greater than 10 and what numbers are less than 10? Maybe you think that people are going to attempt to build all of those things, all at once? 

Maybe you think that the next season of Nightwave is never going to happen? Maybe you think that spending nightwave credits on nitain was a waste, so you think nobody did? Maybe you think that our unlimited wants should be easily fulfilled despite our limited resources to fulfill the wants? Maybe you think that the sky will fall? 

Maybe you think that there are just too many 'maybe's? 

I obviously don't mean that players should be able to build every single Nitain-containing item within a few weeks. What I mean is that players may have to pause their progression through some items because Nightwave isn't up, and for no other reason. If I didn't have any Nitain spare, I wouldn't be able to build quite a large selection of weapons, as indicated by that table. Even if I got the time to do that Alert, I can only knock 2-3 things off of that list, maybe even only 1. A lot of Primes use Nitain as well, so now my grinding to get a full set is rewarded with a 3 week timer until I can have the actual item.

Sure, I could have spent all my Wolf Creds on Nitain, but I may also have wanted to buy some of the many other items in the Cred store. 

Obviously Nightwave is going to come back, but the gap between seasons is a long time to be sitting on weapons and Warframes just because DE decided to pause resource gain for a while. There just needs to be a way to gain Nitain between seasons, no other aspect of the seasonal gap is that damaging to player enjoyment. I don't see how it would hurt the game in any way, preventing players from gaining Nitain for a few weeks every now and then provides exactly zero enjoyment.

• Like 1

I think the inherent problem DE has is one of continuity (and not the orokin version). What I mean is that in terms of progression is kind of all over the place in terms of resources, story line, frames. 

For resources obviously there's the nitain which used to be primarily obtained behind through the alerts and now is virtually completely missing except for the occasional gift of the lotus mission, ghoul missions (which is curtailed by the RNG factor) and some high level caches in some missions (which is again part of the RNG) and most newer players not having access to them unless taxied. This also ties into other resources like argon crystals and orokin cells which are locked behind the mid level planets and new players have weapons and frames that require them. 

In terms of the story line you don't really get to the main thread of the story until you get to the cinematic quests and newer players just do the early quests for parts and maybe some lore but there's nothing really tying them together. (I know this is mostly a looter shooter type of game but given the amount of players who try the game and leave because of seeing the plat prices on the frames and the lack of a narrative to convince them to play further is a drawback i think)

For the frames the trend is to churn out as many new and shiny things as possible and this has honestly left certain frames in the dust with no hope of being picked up and dusted off and given a tune up. And when they do decide to work on a new frame it tends to be a mixed bag of either largely cosmetic in the changes or worse off then before from what I've heard on the forums.

Just my thoughts anyway.

43 minutes ago, Jivy said:

why isnt season 2 not out yet anyways? dint they say it was a small grace period? i thought small was like a week or 2

Define small? As I recall there wasn't a specific time frame given or did I miss that?

2 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

I obviously don't mean that players should be able to build every single Nitain-containing item within a few weeks. What I mean is that players may have to pause their progression through some items because Nightwave isn't up, and for no other reason.

Not even a good attempt, here. 

I'm new enough to remember having to pause progression while alerts were active, because if 10 nitain is hardly any, then guess what, 1 is even less. 

And we both know that unless someone is able to nolife the game, they're unlikely to get much more than 10 in any given week anyway. So that meant collecting while you could, and having to go without when you had none. Exactly what you are complaining about now. 

So the complaint is spurious. 

If I didn't have any Nitain spare, I wouldn't be able to build quite a large selection of weapons, as indicated by that table. Even if I got the time to do that Alert, I can only knock 2-3 things off of that list, maybe even only 1. A lot of Primes use Nitain as well, so now my grinding to get a full set is rewarded with a 3 week timer until I can have the actual item.

Not impressed. See above. 

Sure, I could have spent all my Wolf Creds on Nitain, but I may also have wanted to buy some of the many other items in the Cred store. 

False dichotomy "the only option is to either spend all of the wolf creds on nitain or spend on other items". 

You could easily have spent some of those creds on nitain while still collecting a heck of a lot of potatoes. 

Complaint is spurious. 

Obviously Nightwave is going to come back, but the gap between seasons is a long time to be sitting on weapons and Warframes just because DE decided to pause resource gain for a while.

Oh? You got that from your crystal ball did you? That's pretty neat being able to see the future like that. Though it really should have enabled you to anticipate this response to your attempt to state possibility as fact in the absence of information. 

Claim is spurious. 

There just needs to be a way to gain Nitain between seasons, no other aspect of the seasonal gap is that damaging to player enjoyment. I don't see how it would hurt the game in any way, preventing players from gaining Nitain for a few weeks every now and then provides exactly zero enjoyment.

Again you failed to actually read what was written in a thread you decided to respond to. There are ways to get nitain available to you. They're not easy to farm, but claiming that they don't exist is demonstrably false. 

Complaint is spurious. You seem to have done that a lot. 

11 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

I dunno dark, every 2 weeks you have 3 days to farm Nitain with a 4-5% drop chance and 1% chance after that...

Sorry.  I meant the part about farming plat and buying frames from the Marketplace instead of farming the frames directly.  😁

As for Nitain, I started stock piling it during the time that Vauban Prime came out just so I would always be ready just in case.  I have enough Nitain to build frames and fund clan research multiple times over.  And that's all while playing casually while working a full time job.  

Some of you might see where I'm going with this.  😈 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

Now that would be you my friend with the lack of common Sense. Even the casual player would be able to farm more than 10 nitain in a week so nice try

Yeah, not so much. Because very few casual players can spend 24 hours a day waiting for an alert. Little things like work, sleep and school had a way of getting in the way for many people. 

The nightwave system allowed us to play a couple of hours a week and earn craploads of nitain. 

So, nice try. 

41 minutes ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

Even the casual player would be able to farm more than 10 nitain in a week so nice try

With my free time i could farm nitain two times a day back with the old alerts,which means i could get 14 nitain a week.But here is the thing i would have to be free from runs in the current time when the alert is up so i can get it(for the most time that's the case,but even if i miss it its not of a big deal for me) and secondly most of the time am Too lazy(no joke :3) to go on the nitain mission(unless its a capture or sabotage) because spending all that time just so i can get 1, just 1 nitain is a bit too much for me unless i really need it for a prime part.So at best at any time when im not building a new prime item i have around 5 nitain or lower.

And now with the NW alone am at about 50+ nitain that i accumulated without the need of farming or hunting alerts but by simply playing the game as a extra reward.What more can i want?

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Heiven said:

old alerts 14 Nitain a week. 

Where terrible for Nitain. But Old alerts at least had it gaurateed 4 times a day, every day.  That said it's why I keep saying alerts should have never been removed from the game only reworked. Because now we only have a 1% drop chance in acquiring 1... 1. This a %1 less than acquiring the despair BP from the stalker. Ghouls come back for 3 days every 2 weeks at a 5% drop chance. The time waiting for the ghouls to return you would have aquired 28 Nitain.

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

The nightwave system allowed us to play a couple of hours a week and earn craploads of nitain. 

So, nice try.

Where is NW? Gone

When's it coming back? Dunno

GG

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82
  • Like 1

I played casually with 2 jobs and never set an alarm for Nitain (or any alerts for that matter), for most of the 1 year (started the year with only 1 part time job, but let's call it half a year without getting into too many details - that means 6months casual play, 6months super-casual play) I played during Alerts, before Nightwave.

I ended up with over 100 Nitain in stock right now, and I already built most of the stuff that needs it, and most of the clan research. (I also got a stockpile of 30+ reactors/catalysts each, all the auras I'll ever need, all the cosmetic helmets apart from 2 that I later picked up in Nightwave just for completionist's sake, and didn't really like the looks of, and about 3 sets of Vauban before I found out I couldn't trade the pieces to the friends I wanted to invite to the game later.

Nightwave doesn't even compare in the slightest to the casual player's acquisition of stuff... not to mention Oxium, Tellurium, Nanospores, Control Modules, Kavat Genetic Codes, etc, that made early research and blueprint construction possible, and made my solo new player experience bearable.

So, if a casual player could get that much out of Alerts, it must have been good... because that same argument is used to support Nightwave? I'm sorry... no, both systems could use some major changes to make them more workable for more people. (and they can co-exist, filling different goals.)

Alerts were BETTER than Nightwave for some people. Less good for some people.

If Alerts are supposed to be for people who play all the time, and catch them when RNG is good to them, great. That worked. If Nightwave is supposed to add a way for people who can't rely on the RNG of when the Alerts popped up, but rather gave them a way to progressively work toward goals like buying Nitain from a shop... then the creds should never be deleted (long-term goal) and the shop should never close.

I mean, that's a minimum to achieve the stated goals of Nightwave.

Alerts could be improved by lengthening the duration of the highly-sought-after rare alerts (Nitain, Reactors/Catalysts, Auras, Nightmare mods), having them last 24hrs at least, with a method to "accept them" and keep a certain number of them saved away until you have time to run them.

Credit and uncommon-resource-rewards could be pumped up a bit due to a reduced frequency of alerts that last longer, making them more worthwhile to run.

What we have now: an expiring currency that takes tons of work to attain that disappears into the ether at the end of an event-style activity, only able to be spent in a shop with a rotating inventory (which means you might miss out on buying the thing you were planning for and saving up all those creds for, if it doesn't rotate into the shop's inventory during the length of the event.)

It just doesn't make sense... and even less sense now that you can't even earn creds or have access to the shop at all, during downtime between the series' of the activity that was supposed to replace the 24/7/365 alert system.

No, "gap filling" Gifts of the Lotus are not enough to fix this oversight in this supposed new mainstay activity system of the game.

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra
One Nightwave/Nitain mixup.
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, MagPrime said:

Ah, right, yeah.

So;

1. Platinum
  2. Credits
  3. Ducats
  4. Nightwave Credits
  5. Resources for Syndicate standing (Gems, Ore, Cores, Fish)
  6. Endo
  7. Debt Bonds
  8. Syndicate Medallions 

EDIT: Wouldn't that make Mods a currency as well?  And any blueprints we sell for credits?

You partly right but you missed one.

9. Time

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

conveniently forgot to mention that we got a bunch just the other day. 

Don't know what your going on about. But my "end game" consists of helping newbs and vet players alike. So I post news from Twitter and R/Warframe that isn't posted on the forums. So that maybe it will help; if even a little bit. 

Edited by (XB1)RDeschain82

26 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Don't know what your going on about. But my "end game" consists of helping newbs and vet players alike. So I post news from Twitter and R/Warframe that isn't posted on the forums. So that maybe it will help; if even a little bit. 

If you don't, then it doesn't seem to have helped players like you one bit.

You're the one that brought the information, and yet still you falsely made claims, easily disproven by the very information you brought. Maybe if your endgame had involved also reading it instead of just copy-pasting, you would not have made those easily disproven claims? 

44 minutes ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Where is NW? Gone

When's it coming back? Dunno

GG

OMG THE SKY IS FALLING, THE WORLD IS ENDING. Wait a minute.. The sky isn't falling, and the world doesn't seem to be ending. 

Nightwave was probably supposed to have started back by now, but you see a small number of people who play warframe, apparently love to whine about any and everything. So DE has had to rework some of the parts of Nightwave, which obviously takes time to get right. If they hadn't reworked it we'd have a bunch of those Karen-type posters making a huge stink over very minor issues, most of which were a result of their own actions. 

You wouldn't happen to have been one of the players making a big deal out of petty issues that were due to your own actions, would you? 

You know, actions like people choosing not to buy nitain extract during nightwave, or play the gift of the lotus alert that awarded us 10 nitain less than a week ago? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

Now that would be you my friend with the lack of common Sense. Even the casual player would be able to farm more than 10 nitain in a week so nice try

I suppose the source of the information you base your statement on is "trust me bro"?

I'm not casual and have often made less than 10 a week, when the alerts didn't match my schedule.

The forum was filled with complaints about Nitain way before Nightwave was a thing.

Suck it up, plan your progress and don't think someone cares about your tantrums.

Oh...did we suddenly reduce the ammount of 28? Where did the 18 disappear?

Edited by Ver1dian

2 hours ago, (XB1)RDeschain82 said:

Hey, I got a tweeter too!  Only like, 4 followers though.