Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No more NW and No more Alerts

I did some math early in the Nightwave season that seems pertinent to this thread.

At the time, it required just over 160 Nitain to get everything in the game that requires it. At 15 Creds for 5 Nitain, that means you need 480 Creds to get it all. Without any prestige ranks, you can get 300 Creds per season. And if you can get 12 prestige ranks, you can get just enough Creds to buy all the Nitain you need in one season. Though, this assumes that there is nothing else you want from the Cred shop, of course. And, since then, Aura Forma and Wisp have been added, meaning you need quite a bit more Nitain than that now. I can't even really calculate how much, either, since everyone will likely need different amounts of Aura Forma. Nitain had never been needed for a consumable item before.

It was already pretty hard to get Nitain quickly with Nightwave. And now without it, its basically impossible. That Gift from the Lotus alert really didn't help, either. One chance at 10 Nitain for two weeks (or more) is basically nothing.

8 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Not even a good attempt, here. 

I'm new enough to remember having to pause progression while alerts were active, because if 10 nitain is hardly any, then guess what, 1 is even less. 

And we both know that unless someone is able to nolife the game, they're unlikely to get much more than 10 in any given week anyway. So that meant collecting while you could, and having to go without when you had none. Exactly what you are complaining about now. 

I don't believe Alert Nitain was a particularly good system either, but at least you knew that you could make progress at all, because you knew there were 4 Alerts a day. The current situation is that you straight-up can't get any more Nitain unless you break your back on Ghouls. I'd rather have slowly-earned-but-available resources than a complete removal. 

False dichotomy "the only option is to either spend all of the wolf creds on nitain or spend on other items". 

You could easily have spent some of those creds on nitain while still collecting a heck of a lot of potatoes. 

I didn't mean to imply that it was all-or-nothing, but if a player wants to spend Cred on stuff like reactors/catalysts, Cred-exclusive weapons, Auras and maybe helmets as well as Nitain, then it's gonna be hard to budget in a way where you end up with everything you need from the store AND you have lots of spare Nitain. That's not even taking into account the fact that if a new player needs lots of Nitain and Cred weapons, then they probably aren't in a state where their gear is good enough for many Elite Alerts either, cutting into how many Creds they may earn. Nitain isn't the only thing that's currently unavailable; there are several entire weapons whose blueprints are unavailable outside of the Cred store. You have to budget for those as well.

Oh? You got that from your crystal ball did you? That's pretty neat being able to see the future like that. Though it really should have enabled you to anticipate this response to your attempt to state possibility as fact in the absence of information. 

What are you even on about, we know that there is going to be a Nightwave season 2, DE has explicitly said so, they've said that they're making changes, and they've even shown some completed cosmetics that will drop from it. I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

Again you failed to actually read what was written in a thread you decided to respond to. There are ways to get nitain available to you. They're not easy to farm, but claiming that they don't exist is demonstrably false. 

Yes there are other ways to get Nitain, but they are tedious and boring. If we want to include those sources as primary sources of Nitain acquisition, then I'd argue that those sources are so boring and fun-killing that they should be changed as well. Just because something is available doesn't mean it's enjoyable, and I think you'd struggle to find a single person who has ever seriously enjoyed farming Nitain using alternative methods, especially when the primary method of Cred Offerings was available.

It looks like you've also confused "not easy" with "not enjoyable". Farming Ghouls isn't difficult at all, the tedium comes from having to rely on a ~5% chance on a drop table, just for a single drop. "Difficult" is when it's hard to succeed, not when you press a button and 19 times out of 20 the game says "no, try again after 10 minutes of work".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

I did some math early in the Nightwave season that seems pertinent to this thread.

At the time, it required just over 160 Nitain to get everything in the game that requires it. At 15 Creds for 5 Nitain, that means you need 480 Creds to get it all. Without any prestige ranks, you can get 300 Creds per season. And if you can get 12 prestige ranks, you can get just enough Creds to buy all the Nitain you need in one season. Though, this assumes that there is nothing else you want from the Cred shop, of course. And, since then, Aura Forma and Wisp have been added, meaning you need quite a bit more Nitain than that now. I can't even really calculate how much, either, since everyone will likely need different amounts of Aura Forma. Nitain had never been needed for a consumable item before.

It was already pretty hard to get Nitain quickly with Nightwave. And now without it, its basically impossible. That Gift from the Lotus alert really didn't help, either. One chance at 10 Nitain for two weeks (or more) is basically nothing.

You left out an assumption. 

You're assuming that you need to get all of the nitain in one season of Nightwave. 

That's a really poor assumption. For many newer players 10 nitain would be an embarrassment of riches. A stockpile of 20 would be huge beyond imagination. 

If you went with 25 from nightwave, a truly luxurious amount, you would have spent the rather princely sum of 75 wolf credits, leaving you with quite a nest egg for buying up all of the other items that caught your eye. 

Some of us who are newer and relatively resource poor, gleefully bought up quite a bit of nitain. Others who seem to be beyond such minor concerns, are making a huge fuss about it all. Which would be funny, except for the fact that they seem to regularly do stuff like that. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YUNoJump said:

I don't believe Alert Nitain was a particularly good system either, but at least you knew that you could make progress at all, because you knew there were 4 Alerts a day. The current situation is that you straight-up can't get any more Nitain unless you break your back on Ghouls. I'd rather have slowly-earned-but-available resources than a complete removal. 

I didn't mean to imply that it was all-or-nothing, but if a player wants to spend Cred on stuff like reactors/catalysts, Cred-exclusive weapons, Auras and maybe helmets as well as Nitain, then it's gonna be hard to budget in a way where you end up with everything you need from the store AND you have lots of spare Nitain. That's not even taking into account the fact that if a new player needs lots of Nitain and Cred weapons, then they probably aren't in a state where their gear is good enough for many Elite Alerts either, cutting into how many Creds they may earn. Nitain isn't the only thing that's currently unavailable; there are several entire weapons whose blueprints are unavailable outside of the Cred store. You have to budget for those as well.

What are you even on about, we know that there is going to be a Nightwave season 2, DE has explicitly said so, they've said that they're making changes, and they've even shown some completed cosmetics that will drop from it. I don't even understand what you are trying to say.

Yes there are other ways to get Nitain, but they are tedious and boring. If we want to include those sources as primary sources of Nitain acquisition, then I'd argue that those sources are so boring and fun-killing that they should be changed as well. Just because something is available doesn't mean it's enjoyable, and I think you'd struggle to find a single person who has ever seriously enjoyed farming Nitain using alternative methods, especially when the primary method of Cred Offerings was available.

It looks like you've also confused "not easy" with "not enjoyable". Farming Ghouls isn't difficult at all, the tedium comes from having to rely on a ~5% chance on a drop table, just for a single drop. "Difficult" is when it's hard to succeed, not when you press a button and 19 times out of 20 the game says "no, try again after 10 minutes of work".

Oh look, somehow you have gotten the goalposts on to the ceiling again. 

Suddenly "can't get any nitain" means "I don't feel like getting the nitain that way". And the whole "you're not going to be able to buy anything else if you buy nitain" spiel turned into "I didn't mean to imply that". And the suggestion that nightwave2 isn't right around the corner isn't even pulled from your crystal ball, just some orifice? That is just plain disappointing.

As to the repeated appeals to "it's not enjoyable", you know that subjective things aren't going to be universal, right? You see a lot of people would have issues doing those things just for the nitain, but when you realise that there are in fact other rewards that you can also get, they become far more palatable. Neat, huh? 

59 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Oh look, somehow you have gotten the goalposts on to the ceiling again. 

Suddenly "can't get any nitain" means "I don't feel like getting the nitain that way". And the whole "you're not going to be able to buy anything else if you buy nitain" spiel turned into "I didn't mean to imply that". And the suggestion that nightwave2 isn't right around the corner isn't even pulled from your crystal ball, just some orifice? That is just plain disappointing.

As to the repeated appeals to "it's not enjoyable", you know that subjective things aren't going to be universal, right? You see a lot of people would have issues doing those things just for the nitain, but when you realise that there are in fact other rewards that you can also get, they become far more palatable. Neat, huh? 

More of the "it's subjective" junk argument. Just because everything's subjective doesn't mean that everybody's opinion has to be given equal merit. The game can only exist in one state, and if a majority of players don't subjectively enjoy something, then it should be changed. You may enjoy farming for Nitain that way, but the reality is that most people don't, and Warframe should be developed so that most people enjoy it, don't you think? You may love repeatedly running missions and then not getting the rewards you are aiming for (somehow), but as I said in the last comment, I doubt you could find anyone else who seriously enjoys running Ghouls for Nitain, especially over just buying Nitain when it's available.

The fact that so many people are complaining about the lack of Cred Nitain despite the Ghoul option existing is a pretty clear indicator that a lot of people don't accept the Ghoul option as a viably enjoyable method.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, YUNoJump said:

More of the "it's subjective" junk argument. Just because everything's subjective doesn't mean that everybody's opinion has to be given equal merit. The game can only exist in one state, and if a majority of players don't subjectively enjoy something, then it should be changed. You may enjoy farming for Nitain that way, but the reality is that most people don't, and Warframe should be developed so that most people enjoy it, don't you think? You may love repeatedly running missions and then not getting the rewards you are aiming for (somehow), but as I said in the last comment, I doubt you could find anyone else who seriously enjoys running Ghouls for Nitain, especially over just buying Nitain when it's available.

The fact that so many people are complaining about the lack of Cred Nitain despite the Ghoul option existing is a pretty clear indicator that a lot of people don't accept the Ghoul option as a viably enjoyable method.

Proof of majority? Please tell me that you got the crystal ball working for that one, because otherwise that poor orifice is really being over used at this point. 

And if you want to claim that subjective things aren't, you're going to have a bad time of it, but probably not as bad as if you keep trying to pass off your subjective opinions as objective facts. Either way it's not a great idea. 

What's the current count on people claiming lack of nitain? Were they active during nightwave? How many of them are claiming it on behalf of hypothetical "others"? Take your time to find actual numbers, because at some point you're going to need to stop pulling things out of there without valid proof of anything. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

You left out an assumption. 

You're assuming that you need to get all of the nitain in one season of Nightwave. 

That's a really poor assumption. For many newer players 10 nitain would be an embarrassment of riches. A stockpile of 20 would be huge beyond imagination. 

If you went with 25 from nightwave, a truly luxurious amount, you would have spent the rather princely sum of 75 wolf credits, leaving you with quite a nest egg for buying up all of the other items that caught your eye. 

Some of us who are newer and relatively resource poor, gleefully bought up quite a bit of nitain. Others who seem to be beyond such minor concerns, are making a huge fuss about it all. Which would be funny, except for the fact that they seem to regularly do stuff like that. 

I never said you had to get all the Nitain in a single season. Its silly to assume that the only thing that anyone would want to get from the Cred shop is Nitain. I was trying to show what the absolute fastest you can get it is. But the fact that you have to sacrifice getting any Potatoes or Auras or anything else to do so makes it unreasonable.

At season one rates, and assuming its not the only thing they are buying, I would expect most players to be able to easily get 160 Nitain within 3~4 seasons. That would most likely be about a year to get almost everything that needs Nitain, which seems reasonable. Though, as I said, that 160 is no longer all you need, since Aura Forma are now a consumable that also requires Nitain. Plus, DE is still obviously adding other new things that need it as well, like Wisp. So the fact that the amount of Nitain needed is constantly increasing, yet the speed at which you can acquire it is limited is the real issue here. At what point will the acquisition rate become unreasonable?

And on top of all that, if there are going to be regular intervals where it is almost completely unavailable, then that is only going to make things worse. This is why, as I said, alerts should still be around to fill this gap. Plus, having multiple ways to farm resources is a good thing.

• Like 7

forum knights never cease to amaze me. 

to all the knights of de, can you please tell me what harm would be done to your ancestors(since you defend this blatant mismanagement that a lot of people arent happy with as if it was your family honor) if de actually did activate the alerts between seasons? why is it such a huge deal for you people? quite a lot of people expected the season 2 to be quite quick since de kept saying "soon" instead of giving a date and people did not think it would be a long time before the season 2, therefore did not see a need to stock up on nitain. 

not being able to gain such a critical resource over a time thats measured in weeks is just not good at all. this is not a discussion, at all. its a fact. if de actually told people how long it's gonna last so they could prepare, then sure i'd understand why you are knighting the S#&$ out of de. but thats not the case. if de did said that it can take weeks, please do show me and i'll take back and apologize for everything i have said. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ver1dian said:

I suppose the source of the information you base your statement on is "trust me bro"?

I'm not casual and have often made less than 10 a week, when the alerts didn't match my schedule.

The forum was filled with complaints about Nitain way before Nightwave was a thing.

Suck it up, plan your progress and don't think someone cares about your tantrums.

Oh...did we suddenly reduce the ammount of 28? Where did the 18 disappear?

You sir are just a big do do bird. I could give 2 squirts about nitain or you for that matter.

You're basically a I'm right and your wrong fanboy. 

Sadly you drank so much kool-aid you're beyond fixing so I say good riddance to you and your trust me bro BS.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Proof of majority? Please tell me that you got the crystal ball working for that one, because otherwise that poor orifice is really being over used at this point. 

And if you want to claim that subjective things aren't, you're going to have a bad time of it, but probably not as bad as if you keep trying to pass off your subjective opinions as objective facts. Either way it's not a great idea. 

What's the current count on people claiming lack of nitain? Were they active during nightwave? How many of them are claiming it on behalf of hypothetical "others"? Take your time to find actual numbers, because at some point you're going to need to stop pulling things out of there without valid proof of anything. 

I'm not going to find you exact numbers because compiling every source of Nitain discussion for the sake of a forum argument isn't worth my time. What I can tell you is that if you search the forums for "Nitain" and count how many people have either made original posts, or commented in agreement with said posts, about how removing Cred Nitain is a problem, there are a great many pages of results. Conversely, I can't see any original topics claiming that the Nitain removal is a good thing at all, only responses to topics saying it's bad, and even that subset of responses is outweighed by the former set of responses agreeing that it's a problem. Even without precise numbers, it's pretty obvious that one side has vastly more support than the other. That's not even including other communities like r/warframe. 

Subjective opinion can't be proven right or wrong, but a pretty important objective fact here is that there are clearly far more people unhappy with the current state of Nitain than there are people who are happy with it. I can't disprove the idea that you don't have a problem with it, but if you think that DE should appeal to you and your minority, instead of the vast majority that disagree with you, then you might need a reality check.

Hell, I don't even know what the positive argument for removing Cred Nitain is. How does it benefit the game to remove Cred Nitain for a period of time, even in a case where people had time to stock up?

Every thread ever

Normal Player: "Hey DE there's kind of a major problem here, and it really sucks"

[DE]fender: "SILENCE KNAVE! THAT IS NO PROBLEM THE GAME IS PERFECT AND THE DEVS ARE ABOVE REPROACH!"

Meanwhile DE continues to ignore all criticism unless brought up by a big "influencer" who isn't already a "partner" of theirs.

The cycle will continue to repeat until DE's insistence on not listening to the community has driven away even the die hard white knights.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (XB1)BULLS 0N PAR4DE said:

You sir are just a big do do bird. I could give 2 squirts about nitain or you for that matter.

You're basically a I'm right and your wrong fanboy

Sadly you drank so much kool-aid you're beyond fixing so I say good riddance to you and your trust me bro BS.

Do you have anything more to add then ad hominem?

You gave arguments of a 12 year old and based them on nothing solid and since you can't leave well enough alone you have to end it by insulting me.

I guess that's the internet for you...

8 hours ago, Teljaxx said:

At season one rates, and assuming its not the only thing they are buying, I would expect most players to be able to easily get 160 Nitain within 3~4 seasons. That would most likely be about a year to get almost everything that needs Nitain, which seems reasonable. Though, as I said, that 160 is no longer all you need, since Aura Forma are now a consumable that also requires Nitain. Plus, DE is still obviously adding other new things that need it as well, like Wisp. So the fact that the amount of Nitain needed is constantly increasing, yet the speed at which you can acquire it is limited is the real issue here. At what point will the acquisition rate become unreasonable?

Yeah that's not quite the issue you seem to be claiming it to be. After the first season you won't be need as much. After the second, you will need less than that. 

This is not really more of an issue than "omg everything in this game needs credits". If you tally the number of credits a newb needs to build everything in the game, and then add a hefty fraction of that on top to accounts for trading, buying blueprints on the market, and Ticker, Baro and whatever other sinks exist, the amount that you would get would probably be astronomical. If you took a low MR newb and told them here's the amount of credits that you need to collect to build everything and they just keep adding more stuff, it would probably be more disheartening than "yeah you're gonna need a bit less than 200 of this stuff to build everything in the game right now". 

Would you advise them to quit over it, or would you say "don't try to look at it like this, instead look at the proximate goal, ask yourself "what do I want to do next" and then do what you need to achieve that. You will get there eventually Tenno, remember there are people who've been playing for the better part of a decade and still haven't done everything, so take your time". 

Now, if the rate at which new nitain sinks is added exceeds the rate at which we can acquire it you might have a point, but that also requires the assumption that nobody in DE is able to tweak the code in the creds shop to change it from 5 nitain per set, to 10, 20, 30 or however much it is needs to be to balance. That's not a great assumption again, Tenno. 

And as much as you claim that you aren't making those bad assumptions, it really does seem to be the case. 

6 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

I'm not going to find you exact numbers because compiling every source of Nitain discussion for the sake of a forum argument isn't worth my time. What I can tell you is that if you search the forums for "Nitain" and count how many people have either made original posts, or commented in agreement with said posts, about how removing Cred Nitain is a problem, there are a great many pages of results.

"I won't waste my time providing actual numbers to back up my claim. Instead I propose that you do it for me."

Yeah, great strategy you got there, Tenno. Does it work often? 

Also how many content people do you know who go out of their way to make posts saying "yeah I'm okay with this"? Because if we're comparing just vague amounts with no real numbers, I can tell you that the number of people who have complained about this issue is dwarfed by the number of people who haven't, and the entire forum population is apparently infinitesimal by comparison to the number of people who play warframe. And that includes other communities like r/Warframe and steam. 

Subjective opinion can't be proven right or wrong, but a pretty important objective fact here is that there are clearly far more people unhappy with the current state of Nitain than there are people who are happy with it.

Crystal ball working again? Because you seem to have started off the post by saying that you aren't actually willing to prove that objective fact. Again, how many people have complained about it? It's one thing to claim the majority and another to prove it, Tenno. If just claiming majority is the winning strategy then "the number who have complained is the clear minority compared to the number who haven't so why should anyone pander to you, Karen?" 

Hell, I don't even know what the positive argument for removing Cred Nitain is. How does it benefit the game to remove Cred Nitain for a period of time, even in a case where people had time to stock up?

There is none. The lengthy lapse is due to the reworking of the Nightwave system, required because of the naysayers saying nay and convincing others that they were right. They were unwilling to wait for end of the season, lambasting DE at every chance over apparently minor issues with NW, in multiple threads, and often the description of the problem made it clear that they were actually causing some of the issues that they faced. 

Players wanted it changed. The delay is the obvious result of that. Once again the issue you're having is the result of your own actions. That's the sort of thing that probably happens a lot to some folk. 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

"I won't waste my time providing actual numbers to back up my claim. Instead I propose that you do it for me."

Yeah, great strategy you got there, Tenno. Does it work often? 

It will take you approximately 5 seconds to discern that there are hundreds of posts calling it a problem. It's possible to discern proportional size without exact values, eyeballing it works for vast differences. If you don't want to look then whatever, but if you don't look then I also won't accept any claims from you that there is any significant group of people who agree with you. 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Also how many content people do you know who go out of their way to make posts saying "yeah I'm okay with this"? Because if we're comparing just vague amounts with no real numbers, I can tell you that the number of people who have complained about this issue is dwarfed by the number of people who haven't, and the entire forum population is apparently infinitesimal by comparison to the number of people who play warframe. And that includes other communities like r/Warframe and steam.

You're right more people complain than congratulate the devs, but there are still far fewer people responding to topics, like you are doing now. Even if there is some massive silent majority that believes that Nitain should be periodically restricted, you have no proof that said silent majority exists. 

13 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Crystal ball working again? Because you seem to have started off the post by saying that you aren't actually willing to prove that objective fact. Again, how many people have complained about it? It's one thing to claim the majority and another to prove it, Tenno. If just claiming majority is the winning strategy then "the number who have complained is the clear minority compared to the number who haven't so why should anyone pander to you, Karen?" 

As above, you don't even need numbers to see that there is a clear majority of posters who have a problem as opposed to those who think there is no problem. I doubt that if I gave you a number you'd accept my argument anyway. You can't prove that a silent majority of supporters exist and so far you haven't been able to counter my claim that there is a majority of people who have a problem with any argument other than the fact that I haven't given you exact numbers. You haven't proven to me that you have a majority either, you've just claimed that I can't prove mine exists. You're arguing in favour of a stalemate rather than your own actual point.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

There is none. The lengthy lapse is due to the reworking of the Nightwave system, required because of the naysayers saying nay and convincing others that they were right. They were unwilling to wait for end of the season, lambasting DE at every chance over apparently minor issues with NW, in multiple threads, and often the description of the problem made it clear that they were actually causing some of the issues that they faced. 

Players wanted it changed. The delay is the obvious result of that. Once again the issue you're having is the result of your own actions. That's the sort of thing that probably happens a lot to some folk. 

DE should have thought of this problem before the season ended. They had as much time to think about that as players had. Even if they had just made the old alerts come back it would be enough, it's not a hard fix, they don't need to massively rework Nitain. I agree that it's a good thing they're working on fixing Nightwave instead of rushing it out to keep the train going, but they had more than enough time to make this problem go away before it ever existed.

• Like 2

On 2019-05-28 at 9:55 PM, (NSW)Katsuro said:

Laughs in 56 nitain

Yeah, but...there really does have to be a more reliable way of obtaining this stuff if NW seasons are going to be this...disjointed. 

If the second season had started a week after the first, no problem. However, we're now looking at a indeterminate amount of time until the next one. That's not good. DE either needs to really commit to this stuff or have some other systems in place to cover its absence. 

NW was meant to replace alerts. If it's around, sure, that works. If it's not, then there are serious progression problems.

I'm beginning to think the old alert system should compliment NW, not be totally replaced by it. Sure, we know the Lotus is AWOL, but the framework of alerts can be modified. Either run alerts consecutively with NW or move some of the old alert rewards to other factions. Whether it's Darvo, Teshin, or one of the assorted syndicates handing out the alerts is immaterial--but someone has to do it if NW is in abeyance. 

2 hours ago, YUNoJump said:

It will take you approximately 5 seconds to discern that there are hundreds of posts calling it a problem. It's possible to discern proportional size without exact values, eyeballing it works for vast differences. If you don't want to look then whatever, but if you don't look then I also won't accept any claims from you that there is any significant group of people who agree with you.

Won't show me how many are unique, will it? Besides if it's that quick, how is it a problem for you to do?

Proportional sizes are okay with you, you say? Cool because it looks like I'm user 3,635,921 on the forums. I started a year and change ago. Hundreds of posts means that you're talking about maybe 0.0275% of the "registered losers" on the forums if they're all unique posters doesn't it? 

And yeah, I know that you already made up your mind about not accepting any opposing views. That's why subjective views are acceptable only in one direction, and some minorities can be counted as vast majorities, as far as your posts go. 

You're right more people complain than congratulate the devs, but there are still far fewer people responding to topics, like you are doing now. Even if there is some massive silent majority that believes that Nitain should be periodically restricted, you have no proof that said silent majority exists. 

Ridiculous strawman, again. Nobody is saying that it should be periodically restricted. In fact the entire premise of the thread is a lie as we had an alert for 10 nitain less than a week ago. For many of us that's more than a week's worth under the old system.

And again, the current situation is a direct result of the public outcry over the things that some people didn't feel like doing in Nightwave, and the results of the same old tryhards trying to out-epeen one another about who had the most irrational fear of missing out, and who could burn themselves out the fastest. 

As above, you don't even need numbers to see that there is a clear majority of posters who have a problem as opposed to those who think there is no problem. 

BS and you know it. There's a clear majority of Karen-types who are vocal. A glance at the forum profiles of some of the most vocal indicates that many of them probably have no issues whatsoever with a shortage of nitain as many probably built and researched much of what needs the extract long ago. So their complaints are not actually based on their own hardship but having decided that they should be affronted on behalf of others. 

As a newer player than you I'm actually relatively resource poor. During the last nightwave I flat out ran out of endo, statues, had less than 2 dozen of any type of mods that I could convert. I wonder when was the last time you were in a similar position?

Simple question: how much nitain do you have?

I currently have 64, thanks in part to nightwave and the GOTL alert. And I've got a solo clan. With the majority of the research costs completed and a lot of the frames and weapons built. You've got a few years head start on me so it'll be interesting to see how your numbers stack up. Given the intensity of your complaints here, I'm guessing you have less than 10 right now? 

DE should have thought of this problem before the season ended. They had as much time to think about that as players had.

They obviously did. That's why they were making active changes during the last season, and seem to have taken several points from the feedback thread and told us all what they're aiming for. But if they decided to put all their other projects on hold to work on nightwave, I guarantee that we'd have many of the exact same people complaining about the content drought, or how bad the new nightwave is because it feels like work (while also posting about how far ahead of the curve they are). 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Yeah that's not quite the issue you seem to be claiming it to be. After the first season you won't be need as much. After the second, you will need less than that. 

This is not really more of an issue than "omg everything in this game needs credits". If you tally the number of credits a newb needs to build everything in the game, and then add a hefty fraction of that on top to accounts for trading, buying blueprints on the market, and Ticker, Baro and whatever other sinks exist, the amount that you would get would probably be astronomical. If you took a low MR newb and told them here's the amount of credits that you need to collect to build everything and they just keep adding more stuff, it would probably be more disheartening than "yeah you're gonna need a bit less than 200 of this stuff to build everything in the game right now". 

Would you advise them to quit over it, or would you say "don't try to look at it like this, instead look at the proximate goal, ask yourself "what do I want to do next" and then do what you need to achieve that. You will get there eventually Tenno, remember there are people who've been playing for the better part of a decade and still haven't done everything, so take your time". 

Now, if the rate at which new nitain sinks is added exceeds the rate at which we can acquire it you might have a point, but that also requires the assumption that nobody in DE is able to tweak the code in the creds shop to change it from 5 nitain per set, to 10, 20, 30 or however much it is needs to be to balance. That's not a great assumption again, Tenno. 

And as much as you claim that you aren't making those bad assumptions, it really does seem to be the case. 

The difference between Nitain and Credits is how many sources they each have. Credits are so easy to come by that its nearly impossible to find something to do that doesn't earn you at least a few in the process. But Nitain has exactly one reliable source, and that source has recently proven itself to not even be that reliable. Imagine if credits became this scarce for even a few days, let alone several weeks. Do you think that would be acceptable?

And this is the real issue here, anyway: It doesn't matter what the specific resource in question is, or how many you need in total, if its nearly impossible to get any at all. So it doesn't matter how fast you may or may not be able to get Nitain when Nightwave is around, because Nightwave is apparently not always going to be around. And when Nightwave is not around, the acquisition rate of Nitain is most definitely not acceptable.

Sure, DE is currently getting the next season ready. And when it comes out, Nitain will most likely be available in decent quantities again. Who knows, they may even make it easier to get this time! But how did this gap happen in the first place? Unless DE comes out and tells us, we will probably never know for certain. But, this whole situation reeks of poor planning to me.

• Like 2